What percentage of your vacations are cruises?

What percentage of your vacations are cruises?  

385 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your vacations are cruises?

i prefeer a week stay in a location of choice. be it cozumel, st kitts, antigua, wherever. diving and enjoying the local culture. never at a resort/all inclusive. the old lady likes to dress up and go to dinner and shows and such, so sometimes, i give in and we do a cruise. learning to just send her and her mom without me though<G>.

Kind of depends on what I want to do. Last year, cruises were 100% of my vacations. A couple of years ago, we didn't take any cruises for one year and did land based vacations instead.

We have cruised at least once a year for the last 6 years and not as often before. We always take at least 2 land based vacations per year too. Now that our son is out on his own we will cruise more often than in the past...at least that is our plan. Cruising is our favorite way to travel. Don't know why, but we can't convince our family or friends to cruise. Good thing we like traveling alone too.

My fishing boat gets lonely if left alone too long, so we take her on a one week fishing trip across the state once a year.

Then our downhill skiing stuff starts to cry, so we just have to go out West to satisfy that one too.

Being in the wine business, I just "have" to get dragged to wine country almost once a year too....sheezzz...

But at least we still make our yearly cruise the "big" vacation of the year!

So little time, so much to explore! ;)

cheers!

When our daughters were little, we used to do a land vacation with the girls (and stay in our timeshare) We would also do a cruise vacation with just Hubby & I. However, once we took them on their first cruise (at ages 10 & 15), they stopped asking "where are we going on our family vacation this year" to "what cruise are we taking this year?" So, in the last 10 years, virtually all our "family" vacations are cruises. Hubby & I will take a few days and go here and there (New Orleans--my favorite--4 times, New York, Hawaii, Florida, Vegas). Many times we turn a business trip into a mini vacation.

But cruising....yeah...Thats all I need to make me happy! As you can see by my signature, we've got a few booked this year. Another one that I don't have listed (ran out of room) is another 3 day out of Los Angeles in July on the Monarch.

I love the 3 day cruises and I would rather do those than make a trip to Vegas.

Being in our early thirties, we have found a cruise vacation to give us the best vacation for the dollar. You get the best service, food, and options on board a ship.

I think as we age, and our bank accounts can take a bigger hit, we will be doing some land based vacationing. I have a wall map with pins in all the places I have been to from a cruise ship, but that only hits the coasts of some countries that I would like to explore the interior of.

That is not to say we will not be cruising as well!! I think it will always be my first love. It looks to only get better as the new ships roll out every year.:D

We have a summer place which we do weekends at plus at least 1 week during the summer. We cruise every other year and do Disney or CA or something every other so we are at about 25%. Maybe it would be different if we lived closer or were not a family of 5.

For vacations 7 days and over, we generally cruise. For vacations shorter in length, we choose land-based. We are planning to take a big European trip sometime in the near future, so it will break the pattern. I think it mostly has to do with not wanting to spend an entire week in one place.

We have only 2 weeks every year and last year they were both cruises..but before ,and in the future it will be 1 cruise + 1 European vacation.

I don't see us taking All Inclusives (as we did before), gets boring quickly, but we like to visit our friends in Europe (everything is so close there, you can see 4-5 countries in 1 week).:)

I rarely cruised. Now I takle almost all my vacations on cruise ships. To be fair I am not counting camping weekends since time spent in a tent with 5 farting males is NOT a vacation to me. If I have to cook (especially over a fire) and clean up and clean fish then it is NOT a vacation.. Can I hear an Amen from the mothers of boys??

Until August of '02, I thought vacations were a big waste of money. Prior to that could not afford much of a vacation so I was a bit tight when it came to this. When my wife approached me with the idea of a cruise for our vacation that year I told her "Go book it." She thought I was nuts. That day she booked our first cruise and we have now been on six since then with our seventh one scheduled for May '05 on the Explorer. Don't know if I would ever be satisified with a land based vacation after the WONDERFUL experiences we have been so fortunate to have on cruises.

Tim

Archived