Port Canaveral Question!

jnlny08

Hello,

I would like to find out what is there to do in port canaveral cruise port. Is it really worth to go to disney land with a 2 year old? Which park would you suggest to go? We have never been to disney land. How is the weather there in early december?

Thanks

I would not do Disney World on a Port Call. It is a long bus ride, then you will spend 3/4 of your time in the park standing in lines. The other big thing to do in P.C. is the Space Center, which would please your husband, but do nothing for the kid. I believe they do have a play area, though, but for $43 each adult, it's pricey. I would go to the Florida departures board and ask the PC experts about other things to do. EM

Disney is about 1 hour away....its in the center of Florida and Pt. Canaveral is on the coast.

While most folks think Disney is great for little kids, the kids are not going to remember it and aren't old enough to appreciate the "magic" that is Disney! Wait until they're older, and can withstand LOTS of walking, lines and heat! 6 or 7 and above is the PERFECT age to really get the most out of a Disney experience.

I'll be the dissenting opinion. :D

To a 2 year old - MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!! :D

How can you miss that? :eek:

The drive time is 45 minutes - an hour. For me, that sounds like "nap time" on an excursion bus ;)

You said "EARLY" December - there are no lines in early December. I've been there at that time. It's perfect. (CB at Sea - Heat? It's December. I think they can handle the "December heat")

There are so many rides geared toward that young rider and their families - Pooh's Ride, Snow White, Peter Pan, It's a Small World, etc.

My kids started going to Disney when they were infants. My youngest even loved the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean Ride when she was a toddler (no wonder she's not right...lol :p)

Do these kids not look happy? (This is when my youngest was a baby at Disney)

Gab-Disney.jpg

If you do Disney, I would rent a car instead of using the cruise transportation because it takes SO long on a bus. You may be able to find a deal at Disney on your own not available with the cruise line. Just be sure to get back in plenty of time to get back on the ship. A safe bet is to depart when the cruise bus departs and follow it back. The ship will wait for their bus of people...Usually...

Archived