QM2 Britannia 3-4 birth stateroom.

bunkrest

Just realised that the stateroom I have booked shows that it is a 3-4 birth stateroom, can anyone tell me how the stateroom differs from a regular twin birth.Thank you..

It will have two berths in the ceiling which won't impact on you at all.

Thanks for that....we are having the bed in a twin config,will they be in the same position as a regular twin birth,ie as you walk in the room the beds will be length ways (across the room)with a bedside table separating the beds..or as you walk in, one bed on the left and one on the right with a big space in the middle?

:o

Should have said the cabin is 4123 sheltered balcony...what I'm trying to establish is,is the 3-4 birth just a sofa bed or sofa bed with a pull down bed above...I suppose it doesn't really matter with only two of us in the cabin but I'm now anxious that if there's a pull down bed from the ceiling then it's going to impact on the available space,I know Capt you have your finger on the pulse,but iv'e seen the pull down beds on other ships and I don't like them..tell me I'm being silly...:D

I believe that the twin beds will be across the cabin as you enter and you will either have I ceiling berth which you won't even notice and a sofa which will convert into a bed or two ceiling berths. You will not have any less space than normal.

Should have said the cabin is 4123 sheltered balcony...what I'm trying to establish is,is the 3-4 birth just a sofa bed or sofa bed with a pull down bed above...I suppose it doesn't really matter with only two of us in the cabin but I'm now anxious that if there's a pull down bed from the ceiling then it's going to impact on the available space,I know Capt you have your finger on the pulse,but iv'e seen the pull down beds on other ships and I don't like them..tell me I'm being silly...:D

Browsing the deck plans, you will see that 4123 has a sofabed, no upper, thus is only a triple cabin. In fact, on QM2 there are no quad balcony cabins outside of Grill class. Most of the quads are insides, with a few OV cabins far forward and aft. EM

)with a bedside table separating the beds..or as you walk in, one bed on the left and one on the right with a big space in the middle?

:o

I've seen pictures of them with a bedside table in the middle but the people in our cabin after us in a balcony cabin on the QE had the beds made up as twins but with only a few inches in the middle separating them. Maybe you get the choice.

Hi bunkrest. I could have missed something - I often do, but I've never seen a sheltered/in-hull balcony (Britannia ciategory B5 thru B 1) with a pull down (Pullman style) bed.

I have walked past inside cabins on disembarkation day and seen several cabins that had two beds on the floor and two beds above them. Actually, I was quite surprised at the economy of space. As far as I know, it is not possible to book 3 or 4 people in any Britannia Balcony category - but I would appreciate being corrected if I am wrong on that. Thanks,

Salacia

The QM2 deck plans that I have show 4123, 4125, 4116 and 4118 as "third berth is a single sofa bed." They have a little + sign in the space indicating the third berth. Also, there are a couple on decks 5 and 6.

Thanks Oahucruiser. Regards, Salacia

Intersting thread.

Fours of us ( 2 adults and 2 children ) are booked in 6095 - an inner room.

Southampton - NY -Southampton.

( We managed it on the QE2. It was a squeeze, but worth it! )

PCM

:confused:

Archived