LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Okay you want some good news, I have some fantastic news..

Remember Kyle the BIL of my granddaughter who was seriously injured in the motorbike accident...well he is still in rehab in Colorado but has beat all odds and predictions on his future. He is almost back to normal...been going out with his wife and attendant from Craig Hospital... has even gone white river rafting, boat rides, all with his family... he still cannot use his right arm and walks right now with a stick... but it is a true miracle, especially as they nearly pulled the plug when he was in the Coma... He still has a long way to go and they will not let him home yet... Jessica his wife is having their 2nd child on the 17th, the day of my Son's Wedding.... We truly believe that ALL the prayers that came his way and the wonderful treatment at Craig Hospital in Colorado contributing to this Miracle.

SO GOOD NEWS FROM ME TO BRIGHTEN YOUR DAY

Remember Kyle the BIL of my granddaughter who was seriously injured in the motorbike accident...well he is still in rehab in Colorado but has beat all odds and predictions on his future. He is almost back to normal...been going out with his wife and attendant from Craig Hospital... has even gone white river rafting, boat rides, all with his family... he still cannot use his right arm and walks right now with a stick... but it is a true miracle, especially as they nearly pulled the plug when he was in the Coma... He still has a long way to go and they will not let him home yet... Jessica his wife is having their 2nd child on the 17th, the day of my Son's Wedding.... We truly believe that ALL the prayers that came his way and the wonderful treatment at Craig Hospital in Colorado contributing to this Miracle.

Sherry what wonderful news and so needed. Miracles do happen and that is why we should never give up hope :D

Sherry that is really wonderful news. My prayer partner Lin and I have been praying for Kyle since we heard of his accident. Thanks for posting this today, just we when we needed to hear of something good.

Corinne

Corinne, Matthew, thanks I truly believe in the power of prayer and he had so many many people praying for him....his injuries were so severe I still cannot believe how good he looks... tried posting a photo of the 3 of them but having trouble with it. Jessica is having another boy on the 17th his name will be Jaxon...

That's really great news - not been a lot of it about lately.

George - I'm really jealous, I wish I could go and book a wee quick cruise, but my boss insists on me working. I'm really sick of this weather, we've had one good weekend since April and I think summer was offically at the end of July when we had one week without rain.

Mhairi

Absolutely fantastic news, after all he's gone through it's so good to hear his recovery.

Sherry this is fabulous news so happy to hear this. Miracles do happen.

Shelley according to a sunrise/Sunset Chart I found, here are time times beginning with Oct 26th thru 29th.

Oct 26, 2011 8:15 AM 6:55 PM 10h 40m 00s − 2m 32s 1:36 PM 36.3° 148.725

Oct 27, 2011 8:16 AM 6:54 PM 10h 37m 28s − 2m 31s 1:36 PM 36.0° 148.685

Oct 28, 2011 8:18 AM 6:53 PM 10h 34m 57s − 2m 30s 1:35 PM 35.6° 148.645

Oct 29, 2011 8:19 AM 6:51 PM 10h 32m 27s − 2m 30s 1:35 PM 35.3° 148.605

Gay

Sherry this is fabulous news so happy to hear this. Miracles do happen.

Shelley according to a sunrise/Sunset Chart I found, here are time times beginning with Oct 26th thru 29th.

Oct 29, 2011 8:19 AM 6:51 PM 10h 32m 27s − 2m 30s 1:35 PM 35.3° 148.605

Gay

There is also a time change on Sun 30th when the clocks will go back 1 hour as it is the end of summer time. Not sure how the ship caters for this when local time has changed by -1 hour.

I have a question for those of you familiar with Spain, what time can we expect nightfall in October? I know here in California it is fully dark by 6:00 in the evenings in October. Thanks in advance for the help....

Wasn't too sure if you were just needing to know leading up to cruise, see this link http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp?comb_city_info=Madrid%2C%20Spain;3.7004;40.4167;1;2&month=10&year=2011&time_type=0&want_mphase=1&wadj=1

Mhairi

Oct 29, 2011 8:19 AM 6:51 PM 10h 32m 27s − 2m 30s 1:35 PM 35.3° 148.605 Gay

Wow, sunrise seems a bit late compared to what we experience here in PST. But the sunset approx 7pm will be nice:).

I believe we also pickup an extra hour time change most days once we start heading across the pond.:D. A little extra bang for our cruising $$ - much better return than Wall St these days:mad:.

The German site on which I check availability shows the sunrise and sunset times in each port on the specific date.

Barcelona - 08.17 and 18.52

Cartagena - 08.25 and 19.09

Malaga ---- 08.39 and 19.23

Cadiz ----- 08.47 and 19.30

Tenerife -- 08.17 and 19.19

La Palma -- 08.24 and 19.25

Corinne

Edited by cinnamon

I have a question for those of you familiar with Spain, what time can we expect nightfall in October? I know here in California it is fully dark by 6:00 in the evenings in October. Thanks in advance for the help....

According to a chart I just saw it should set about 6:51 on the 28th. Clocks will be set back on the 29th.

Sherry, That is wonderful news!! It's certainly nice to have some of that.

Edited by chucknmarilyn

According to a chart I just saw it should set about 6:51 on the 28th. Clocks will be set back on the 29th.

Sherry, That is wonderful news!! It's certainly nice to have some of that.

Sorry for any confusion by mentioning the 30th, but here in the UK we don't officially change the clocks until 2 a.m. on the day of Sunday the 30th, but most people will change them before they retire on the 29th unless you're out partying like the gay boys until the early hours of the morning!:D

Thanks to all of you for the info on the sunset times, I was just curious as we want as much daylight as possible to be "tourists" and see all the sights. Not oo keen on being out after dark in Barcelona, however that may change once we arrive and meet up with some of our fellow cruisers.

So glad things are calming down a bit in the London area, still thinking good thoughts and hoping all of you stay safe.

Remember Kyle the BIL of my granddaughter who was seriously injured in the motorbike accident...well he is still in rehab in Colorado but has beat all odds and predictions on his future. He is almost back to normal...been going out with his wife and attendant from Craig Hospital... has even gone white river rafting, boat rides, all with his family... he still cannot use his right arm and walks right now with a stick... but it is a true miracle, especially as they nearly pulled the plug when he was in the Coma... He still has a long way to go and they will not let him home yet... Jessica his wife is having their 2nd child on the 17th, the day of

my Son's Wedding.... We truly believe that ALL the prayers that came his way and the wonderful treatment at Craig Hospital in Colorado contributing to this Miracle.

Sherry, this is wonderful news. I am so happy to hear Kyle is doing so well.

Good morning, watching news this morning and it seems like last night was mercifully quieter. Just hoping it stays that way. The message from the man whose son was killed is so powerful it made me tearful when I first saw it.

We usually leave for our November trip a week or two after the clocks change so it will be strange to desert the UK while still on summer time.

Corinne