LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

MIKE: Welcome back. We are both jumping back in. Still need to meet before this thing seeing that we now only live a few blocks from each other.

GEORGE: great photo. Mark and I have been living in sin for almost 25 years. Someday California will wake up.

GAY and MIKE: haven't been to PS since I was a young lad and my great aunt had a home in Palm Desert. So many things still to do in life. We have a weekend house just south of Yosemite and were there this last weekend. Just hit 99. Almost forgot how warm that is after 5 months of being at the beach.

PETER: My current project at work is designing a huge indoor waterpark resort near Disneyland. If you are ever out this way, we will go. Some amazing rides.

Now, as to that disco. I did spend some months being a real DJ at a little gay club back in the early 80's:D

Hey Paul,

Kind of been MIA the last month...had a problem out in the desert last month but getting around to being back to normal We have Angels Baseball games this week and next then we are done..... So all interest will be on this cruise. As usual...heading out to the desert on Friday.....No visiting company this weekend......we were kind of BAD last weekend so this is a relaxing weekend! Talk to you later.

Mike

Edited by pscruzinboyz

To the boyz....

Have you been to any of these ports we are going to and are there any bars we can go to that are close to the ship and have a drink in?

Bill and I always try to stop in a bar in the ports we are in just to see how different they are to the bars that we frequent.

Thanks

Mike

Problem will be timing Mike as most of the Gay Bars in Europe do not open until 8pm at the earliest, which is a big shame as the Bars are a lot more fun than the very conservative versions in the US :eek:

Are you going to have much time in Barcelona ? I will be staying in The Axel Hotel next to the Gay district and along with Matthew will be exploring some of the very colorful Bars :D

I was always disapointed how the guys in the Bars in Palm Springs seemed more interested in Bingo :D is The Tool Shed still on the go ?

For my WW buddies.

Pleased to report a 2 lb loss this week. I am really in the zone at the moment but have no idea what switches on the motivation. I know only too well what causes me to gain!

Miserable, cool and wet here today. Probably only high 50s F. Where is summer?

Corinne

Just checked my reservation and we are now MTD - were wait listed but apparently our request to change was made. We want to give this a try.

Anyone wanting some company in the dining room?? We aren't traveling with anyone, so we are open to dining with new friends.

We will also make ressies for Chops and Portofinos as we have not dined in either of these venues before. Just not sure what night to try them. I imagine the MDR menu will affect which nights we will want to try the spec restaurants. Any thoughts???

Thanks.

Hi Mike......I'm glad you're posting more these days. So I'm assuming work has eased up for you, hopefully....;)

We've done MTD for our past several cruises and, for the most part, we like it. We actually have it for this cruise, but as of now, I'm not too happy with our ressie schedule. Part of it is my own fault for waiting so long to look into it, but we're scheduled for 6:15 for most evenings. I'm thinking we should have just booked early MDR ressies instead. We are traveling with two other couples and are hoping to speak with the maitre 'd when we get on board to make some dining changes. I'm hoping to meet up with our new friends from this RC for lunch/drinks/snacks, etc. Regarding the specialty restaurants, we always make those ressies once we are on board. Typically, we like to eat in the MDR on formal nights because they have a nice menu selection for those nights. We'll do the specialty restaurants pretty much any other time.

Gay....It's been several years since we have been to Palm Springs, but I do hope to get back there some day on one of our trips out west.

Edited by KeywestK

For my WW buddies.

Pleased to report a 2 lb loss this week. I am really in the zone at the moment but have no idea what switches on the motivation. I know only too well what causes me to gain!

Miserable, cool and wet here today. Probably only high 50s F. Where is summer?

Corinne

Great job this week Corinne!! I learned long ago that some weeks just are better than others, and I just don't stress over it any more. Last week was great for me, this week not so much. It all evens out in the end. Just hang in there and congrats on a great week!:D

Good job Corrine. I gave up! Have to get back with it. Just cannot think about anything now.

Well just wanted to stop and say hello.

Peter how is the job hunting going? Hope you get something soon.

Joyce

Hi Mike......I'm glad you're posting more these days. So I'm assuming work has eased up for you, hopefully....;)

We've done MTD for our past several cruises and, for the most part, we like it. We actually have it for this cruise, but as of now, I'm not too happy with our ressie schedule. Part of it is my own fault for waiting so long to look into it, but we're scheduled for 6:15 for most evenings. I'm thinking we should have just booked early MDR ressies instead. We are traveling with two other couples and are hoping to speak with the maitre 'd when we get on board to make some dining changes. I'm hoping to meet up with our new friends from this RC for lunch/drinks/snacks, etc. Regarding the specialty restaurants, we always make those ressies once we are on board. Typically, we like to eat in the MDR on formal nights because they have a nice menu selection for those nights. We'll do the specialty restaurants pretty much any other time.

Gay....It's been several years since we have been to Palm Springs, but I do hope to get back there some day on one of our trips out west.

Hi Karen, yeah work has eased up, only 8 hours a day now 5 days a week:cool:. But Julie and I have been going full tilt with projects around the house, the 10 day Idaho/Oregon trip, some long weekends, etc.

We don't have an assigned time for MTD, didn't know you could do that already. As mentioned, this is a new feature for us, so we will probably just play it by ear. We usually do late seating, don't really care for early seating, so we're hoping for something in between e.g. 7-8. I'm sure those are the more popular dining times, so we may not have much choice but to go early or late:o.

Julie and I would really enjoy meeting up with our new found friends from either roll call.

I was checking our return flight reservation which I have documentation that shows us leaving Miami on the 12th Nov via Atlanta on the 12th arriving in Manchester on the 13th.

Now when I check the reservation on Check my trip and Delta, our reservation shows us leaving Miami as expected on the 12th but not leaving Atlanta until 9 pm on the 13th which means we don't arrive home until the 14th! What is going on?

Hello everyone from Oswego,Il, (about 40 mile SW of Chicago). Having a great time with friends, but have been busy getting everything ready for the fundraiser on Saturday. When it is over will meet some more friends on Sunday and it is the Spa & shopping on Monday. Friends will be suprised on Sunday, my, brother is coming in from North Carolina. Nobody knows so it will be a surprise for everyone. It will be great to see him, it has been a few months.

We have MTD also, I think our reservations are for 7:00 or 7:30. I cannot remember at the moment.

Have a great Friday.

To the boyz....

Have you been to any of these ports we are going to and are there any bars we can go to that are close to the ship and have a drink in?

Bill and I always try to stop in a bar in the ports we are in just to see how different they are to the bars that we frequent.

Thanks

Mike

Problem will be timing Mike as most of the Gay Bars in Europe do not open until 8pm at the earliest, which is a big shame as the Bars are a lot more fun than the very conservative versions in the US :eek:

Are you going to have much time in Barcelona ? I will be staying in The Axel Hotel next to the Gay district and along with Matthew will be exploring some of the very colorful Bars :D

I was always disapointed how the guys in the Bars in Palm Springs seemed more interested in Bingo :D is The Tool Shed still on the go ?

Mike I have never been BCN so looking forward to exploring the bars with George if you arrive early I'm sure we can all meet up (most bars in spain have many rooms where they forget to put lightbulbs in LOL or maybe that's just the ones I find)

As George said bars tend to open late however Costa Del Sol (Malaga) does have a few that are open in the day but nothing to get excited about and the guides tend to be massively out of date Torremolinos has a few hidden away tend to be Late bars with no lights in rooms! Benalmadana has 1 & Fuengarola has 2 1 which opens around 16:00 in the between the Las Palmeras Hotel and the El Puerto Hotel ( I used to rep both those property's and was very handy ;) not sure the Airtours uniform done much for me though) as we are in AGP for 12 hours it's probably the best place but don't expect anything like Benidorm and Gran Canaria or even what I imagine Barcelona is like.

Edited by mancmatt26

Good Morning everyone.

We have MTD reservations for 8:30 at the moment, but will definitely change them as required, either on the day or even in the evening.

Well just spent 30 minutes on the phone with RCI trying to sort out the mess that Delta had caused.

Delta had changed our flight home from Atlanta from Saturday, 12th Nov (after we arrive from Miami) to Sunday the 13th and had not notified RCI (nor us for that matter). This meant we had to find and pay for a hotel ourselves (no chance) and we would arrive home 1 day later (which is not an option due to work, well Patrick anyway!).

So RCI tried to get us back on the original flight, but there is no longer availability!

The other option was AA via JFK, leaving Miami before 4 pm but only giving 60 minutes transfer time in JFK. I said not enough time.

The only other option meant leaving with AA at 1:20 pm which gave us no time in Fort Lauderdale, so again I said no. No offence to New Yorkers, but I hate JFK. I suggested Continental (or whatever they are called these days) out of Newark but the connection from Miami was even earlier.

So, the only other option was BA at 5:15 pm out of Miami to LHR and then onto Manchester. RCI weren't sure they could do it on the fare being paid, but they relented when I said it wasn't my fault Delta had messed up.

So now we're on BA back home.

Thank goodness I noticed this before the flights we ticketed which could happen in the next 14 days or so.

Good Morning everyone.

We have MTD reservations for 8:30 at the moment, but will definitely change them as required, either on the day or even in the evening.

Well just spent 30 minutes on the phone with RCI trying to sort out the mess that Delta had caused.

Delta had changed our flight home from Atlanta from Saturday, 12th Nov (after we arrive from Miami) to Sunday the 13th and had not notified RCI (nor us for that matter). This meant we had to find and pay for a hotel ourselves (no chance) and we would arrive home 1 day later (which is not an option due to work, well Patrick anyway!).

So RCI tried to get us back on the original flight, but there is no longer availability!

The other option was AA via JFK, leaving Miami before 4 pm but only giving 60 minutes transfer time in JFK. I said not enough time.

The only other option meant leaving with AA at 1:20 pm which gave us no time in Fort Lauderdale, so again I said no. No offence to New Yorkers, but I hate JFK. I suggested Continental (or whatever they are called these days) out of Newark but the connection from Miami was even earlier.

So, the only other option was BA at 5:15 pm out of Miami to LHR and then onto Manchester. RCI weren't sure they could do it on the fare being paid, but they relented when I said it wasn't my fault Delta had messed up.

So now we're on BA back home.

Thank goodness I noticed this before the flights we ticketed which could happen in the next 14 days or so.

Peter glad you got it sorted.

Oh Peter, what a stress and hassle. Glad you got it sorted. I have to say I prefer BA anyway but I understand you would have preferred to fly TA into Manchester.

I still can't print our Set Sail pass so must phone RCI abouty that. Annoying. I hope that doesn't take half an hour. At present our internet speeds are appalling, worse than dial up. Orange are working on upgrading the system so it is supposed to be much better when they finish. In the meantime it is driving us nuts.

Corinne

PETE....Glad you got that mess all sorted out.

MIKE...This is what annoys me about MTD. People (us included) do make ressies, so if you want to just show up at YOUR preferred time, there is a strong possibility that you will have to wait to be seated. For years, we always did Late seating in the MDR, but David prefers not to eat late these days, but we didn't want to be tied into the early seating every evening. Now it looks like we should have done just that. Oh well, we'll figure it out once we're on the ship. I refuse to allow myself to get too aggravated about dining times....;)

GAY....I have several trips on my "to do list" that will take us through California, so hopefully we will get back there some day.

Edited by KeywestK

Peter glad you got your flight home solved, Delta should have notified you of the change. Speaking of flight I better check ours today and make sure no changes have been made, USA moved our departure flight back by 15 min ( to BCN) and AA moved our departure up by 10. ( Home). Flight out is good, no changes.

Karen I only wish our friends from RI who are visiting us on Oct 3rd were able to be here longer, so we could show them more but were so happy we are able to spend the one day with each other, so we will show them the highlights.

Gay

Hello everyone from Oswego,Il, (about 40 mile SW of Chicago). Having a great time with friends, but have been busy getting everything ready for the fundraiser on Saturday. When it is over will meet some more friends on Sunday and it is the Spa & shopping on Monday. Friends will be suprised on Sunday, my, brother is coming in from North Carolina. Nobody knows so it will be a surprise for everyone. It will be great to see him, it has been a few months.

We have MTD also, I think our reservations are for 7:00 or 7:30. I cannot remember at the moment.

Have a great Friday.

OMG, Oswego is about 2 minutes from where I live...........would have loved to say HI. What fundraiser are you doing on Sunday???

Peter glad you got it all sorted out.

Hi all, happy TGIF to everyone.

Peter, glad you got the flight thing sorted out - hope they don't screw with your scheduling any more. Better go check our flight ressies just to be sure nothing drastic has occurred. Can handle little changes, just the big stuff like cancelling flights and changing days really don't settle well.

Julie's birthday today, DS next week, so going out tonight to celebrate both occassions. Spend the rest of the weekend getting the house and yards in shape having been gone so much the last few weeks. Busy week next week too:).

See ya....

okay it straightened itself out......

The Wedding was beautiful and everything went off perfectly... now I have the reception tomorrow... most everything is ready and I did find someone to help serve and clean up which will be a great help.

2209545370048484718S425x425Q85.jpg

2426106380048484718S425x425Q85.jpg

2345648090048484718S425x425Q85.jpg

2569216700048484718S425x425Q85.jpg

Edited by sebritish