LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Good afternoon everyone.

Sorry Mike & Bill, couldn't match the scenery in your pics when I went out for a ride today. But proof I got the bike out of the shed!

6069829528_e717122b3e_b.jpg

Ok Peter, Love the bike....but we are sitting on the Seat and peddling and NOT sitting on the bench...Correct!! ha ha ha....

Mike

Hi everyone, started late tonight....You UK peeps are just starting your Tuesday. One thing I do every night is watch Bloomberg from London so I always see what the world is going to bring us when I get up in the morning. Looks like both threads are starting to move pretty fast again. We are heading to Another Angels Baseball game tomorrow night...Tuesday....we are not that typical gay couple....I think that is good for us. We have seen and done it all in our time. Hope everybody has a great Tuesday and I will catch up tomorrow night.

Mike

Hi all and good Monday to everyone.

Welcome back Bill and Mike, Paul and Mark. Thanks for welcoming us to the thread y'all started so long ago, and telling us all about yourselves. We are Mike and Julie, and we transplanted from SoCal approx 29 years ago to Carson City NV, via an 18 month layover in Boise ID and about 6 years in Reno. We only have five cruises under our belt, all on RCI, and while we would like to go more, our work lives limits our vacation time so we try to mix things up so to speak and go different places and do different things. This is our first TA, and first trip to BCN, so looking forward to seeing the sights and meeting as many of you as possible. I'm the poster, trying to get Julie to read; she may once things quiet down around the homefront after Labor Day and we start focussing more on this adventure.

Sherry, great wedding pics, bet y'all had fun. Hope you get some rest.

George, so sorry to hear of your loss.

On a brighter note, thanks for the jokes and humor. Keep it coming.

Short work week this week. Getting ready to meet some friends (from Mariposa, near Yosemite) this weekend for a camp trip outside of Bridgeport, CA.

Back later.....

Hey Mike...This Mike will not hold it against you that you left So Cal. Not the same anymore then when you moved. Even though it will always be home for us.....Living along the beach in Orange County, we are Immune to all of the troubles to the rest of So Cal. For us....we started to cruise in 2004 and fell in love with it. We have been to alot of the world when we were younger so the travel bug is not that strong any more. We feel that every weekend going to the desert is like going on vacation.

Bridgeport...you must be a fisherman. My family use to go up to the Walker river and other family friends use to go to Bridgeport to fish. Me...It was always going to Mammoth and Tahoe to go Skiing. My fishing days were when i was young and only catching a Sunburn...so not for me.

Talk to you later.......

And hope you had a Geat Anniversary!! :)

Mike

George, I knew things were really bad but that is scary.

I do wish to share this good news with everyone, our dear Friend Dee who had the major operation for a tumor in her leg, and came home a week later, the news from her Dr's, no sign of any cancer. Just received an email on her progress.:)

Gay

Gay that's great news always nice to hear good news.

Edited by mancmatt26

Our cruise is getting closer by the day. And so is the day when I finalize and place the order for the pins.

liberty%20transatlantic%20proof-6.jpg

I will place the order on September 1st and I want to make sure that everyone who wants them has a chance to order them.

As of today I have orders for an amazing 356 pins and 10 cufflink sets.

If you have sent a check please be advise that I check the PO box about once a week so I may not have found your letter as yet. Updates on payments are posted online (see below)

Information on the pin, how to order, and the running order and payment list is always online at the location in my SIG below (Liberty Transatlantic Oct 2011 Pin)

Cufflinks

I will make a few pins into cufflink sets for formal nights if any of the gentlemen are interested. These photos are of some I made for our Navigator Transatlantic and Equinox Mediterranean cruises this past April along with a set I made from our old C&A Diamond pins. If you would like a set please email me at clippermiami at gmail dot com. $12.00/set at SailAway (these are at my cost, two pins plus the cufflink findings.)

pin_links-1.jpgpin_links-4.jpgpin_links-3.jpgpin_links-2.jpg

For those interested t-shirts, caps, etc., items using this pin design are also available from Cafe Press at the location in my SIG below (T-Shirts and other items at Cafe Press)

Edited by ClipperMiami

thought I would pop in before the day ends...

Paul I was totally confused but I have an excuse, I have had a lot going on in the last few months and that's my excuse and I am keeping to it :D

Sat at my computer ALL day, usual busy Monday...this cruise cannot come fast enough...

I sorted out my gold and unless I got a lot for it I would not part with it... I have what seems a fairly heavy bracelet and locket and chain from my mother and I think she will turn in her grave if I got rid of it, or on the other hand maybe she would be pleased, anyway out of curiosity I will check it out heard it went up to $1900 an ounce today

Sherry: Today's gold price 1867.26 & I bet your Mother would be looking down at you and smiling if you decided to sell...

Sherry: Today's gold price 1867.26 & I bet your Mother would be looking down at you and smiling if you decided to sell...

It'll go higher before its over. The state of the world's economies is driving it and they are getting worse not better. The flight to gold will continue and the prices will continue to rise.

Now that I have jumped back in am having trouble keeping up.

Sherry wonderful event. Yes you were skimming...Paul and Mark used to live in Walnut Creek and just moved to Huntington Beach which happened to be near Mike and Bill who just got a new car. Relax, I know it's tough to keep all of us sorted out.

Mike, great picts of Yosemite. Our place is only 15 minutes from the south entrance but haven't been there in 5 years. You guys are welcome to join us on our weekend trips if you ever want to leave your PS place.

Last fall on a cruise fell in love with Antigua and found a little condo across from the beach for less than 200k. Didn't get it yet.....

Peter, saw that you did a FB friend with Marc. He has connections in IT consulting. Now, just what were you talking about when you replied to George "I have ridden for a while..... ouch"?????

Who is bringing the NC chair?

PAUL....So glad you have jumped back on this RC bandwagon. Such a great group of folks here.....:D And I like that you are definitely in the spirit of this group!:D

I am dog tired. After babysitting all of last week (earlier in the week with our 7 year old twins, and later in the week with our 10 yr old twins,) and it has caught up with me. Sheesh, I must be getting old. BUT, yesterday morning and this morning I did lace up the old sneakers and take a walk. I have got to get in some kind of shape for all the walking we will be doing on this trip. I'm hoping to walk every day (or close to) between now and when we leave on Oct. 10th. Let's see how long this resolve will last....;):confused:

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Just reading news of an earthquake measuring 5.8 centred 9 miles from the town of Mineral in Virginia and could be felt in Washington and New York.

I hope all my fellow sailors are safe.

I was just reading that and ALSO with the one that hit Colorado this morning.

HOPE everyone is safe!

OMG, it was crazy! Never experienced an earthquake before, and I hope it'll be the last time. Checked in with all my peeps and everyone is OK. DD Tammy and her family are in Virginia Beach on vacation (not far from the epicenter) and they're all fine. Hope all of my fellow L.O.S.T. folks along the earthquake route are OK.

Such excitement we can do without....:eek:

Anyone interested in a cheap pre TA cruise check out the Splendour out of Venice 17th Oct 7 nights into Malaga 24th Oct then a train Journey up to Barcelona :) coming in around £250/$410 for an inside

If only...........................

Don't know if this has been discussed earlier - Is anyone going to be dressing up for Halloween?

Mhairi

Hoping everyone in the affected earthquake areas are alright. Karen Calif known for quakes, up to several 100/day if you look at the Calif earthquake site, we only get the larger 5.0 + quakes every 30 + years. 80 % of our quakes we never feel. I can imagine how scary this one had to be for those not used to them.

Gay

OMG, it was crazy! Never experienced an earthquake before, and I hope it'll be the last time. Checked in with all my peeps and everyone is OK. DD Tammy and her family are in Virginia Beach on vacation (not far from the epicenter) and they're all fine. Hope all of my fellow L.O.S.T. folks along the earthquake route are OK.

Such excitement we can do without....:eek:

Wow what a surprise to have an earthquake there!

We are pretty used to them here is S. Calif. the big one we felt was centered in Mexico but felt by us very strongly. That was a year ago Easter.

Prior to that the other ones big ones for us were in the early 90's I thought the house would fall down when the Big Bear happened. Our pool emptied out half way, caused huge waves. I was afraid to go inside. The only thing that was wrong, was every picture in the house was crooked. Even our 120 gallon fish tank survived.

Just glad to hear everyone is safe!!!!

I went for a walk a little before 2:00 and never felt the earthquake. When I got back home my upstairs neighbor said he felt the building shake.

Hope the hurricane stays away.

That's very true when you are walking you don't feel them, unless they are huge!

Cherie that one during Easter we were at Johns brothers home for dinner and right in the middle of a card came, we watched each other going side to side, was strange. Now the 92 Landers, & followed by Big Bear, that was a kicker. Our pool emptied out below the tile level on the Landers quake and washed into our house by the back door and sliding door at the other end. It sounded like a sonic boom non stop for 45 sec to 1 min. Our friends in Cumberland RI are ok

Gay

Gay things have been strangely quiet earthquake wise...it alway worries me,

hope we're not going to have a big one.

Looks like the heat is on...Palm Springs had to be really hot. The temperature on our patio, and the SUV read 102, we are in for it for awhile. I hate the heat.

Hope all is going good with you guys:)

Karen, Glad you got it, that's the sprit!

To all the movers and shakers out east, Just standard for us CA folks :D. Sounds as if everyone is OK. For us architects, a good one every now and then keeps us in business ;). Oh, and don't ask me where I was or what I was doing when the Northridge quake hit.....it was fun.....

Spent a few hours this afternoon in panic after I read a thread indicating that your passport has to expire 6 months after your return or you could be denied boarding. Mine expired in 5 months of our return to FLL :eek:. Now $170.00 poorer to the US government I should have a shiny new book in 2 weeks. My little contribution to deficit reduction.

Edited by paul1268

If only...........................

Don't know if this has been discussed earlier - Is anyone going to be dressing up for Halloween?

Mhairi

Sorry, I had to do this: You asked this in the LGBT forum? http://gaylife.about.com/od/fashion/a/gayhalloween.htm

We really do have a quandary, though, since having trouble with the airline baggage limits :mad:. Guys, any suggestions?

Edited by paul1268

Wow an earthquake back east very unusual and now a possible hurricane, thank goodness we live here, we just have an excessive heat warning it is just 115 degrees, that's all LOL.. We rushed from the car into the movies where it was ice cold.

Loved the movie The Help definately an Oscar contender wonderful story, wonderful acting.

We have taken costumes in the past for Hallowean but not this time as we have to be careful with the weight restrictions especially on our flight from London to BCN on EasyJet.

Morning all. Glad to hear all are OK with the quake and hopefully Irene will not cause too much damage. But remember, buildings can be repaired/rebuilt, possessions replaced, but the human body can take a while longer to recover.

Anyway, as for Halloween, thanks for the link Paul, but with the baggage limits not sure what we can do either, although the drag bag here contains some great pieces, but too heavy to haul over to BCN. Will have to think on this one.

Both of us have got bad head colds, mine came on all in 1 day. Not sure how this happened and I have to attend my 'assessment' at the Job Centre shortly. That will be entertaining - not.

Sherry - glad you enjoyed the film. Will have to look out for that one when it finally gets over here.