LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

OK....YOU WILL ALL HATE ME FOR POSTING....BUT OH WELL ! :)

YOU ARE WHAT YOU DRIVE..AT LEAST HERE IN CALIFORNIA......And we are trying to help the Economy....

This is Bill's new ride.....since Wednesday...........I bet you do not have these in the UK ?

010.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

MIKE

Mike's Ride everyday.......Along the beach.....3 of my 10 miles...I am soooo SPOILED!! :)

057.jpg

OK, that's thrown down the gauntlet, seeing you have such fantastic scenery when cycling, let's see what I can use as a back drop when out later! It won't be anything like this I can assure you!

But then again you can't miss me in this :D

6064176055_bb2bd75638_z.jpg

Hi Mike, I have approximately 10 weeks to get rid of 10 lbs to get back to my WW target of 178 lbs, I'm stuck at 188 and have been for weeks. Mainly due to sitting around. My downfall is anything sweet, be that dessert (which I always have room for :D) or muffins, cookies etc.

I didn't realise there were biking tours, maybe something to look at.

I am like you...anything sweet!

Peter,

I like how we are winding down our day/night.....listening to serius radio...the 60"s and getting ready to have hamburgers for dinner and you are getting up to enjoy your Sunday...I believe one day soon we will be on the same time schedule....but we will still be drinking late into the night...VACATION...:)

Mike

OK, that's thrown down the gauntlet, seeing you have such fantastic scenery when cycling, let's see what I can use as a back drop when out later! It won't be anything like this I can assure you!

But then again you can't miss me in this :D

6064176055_bb2bd75638_z.jpg

Too Funny....I'M BAD...I wear a baseball cap since most of my ride in on a bike trail...CAR FREE..... But I still need to get a helmet....I think I am invincible....But at 52 ....hard to change!

Mike

I am like you...anything sweet!

Peter,

I like how we are winding down our day/night.....listening to serius radio...the 60"s and getting ready to have hamburgers for dinner and you are getting up to enjoy your Sunday...I believe one day soon we will be on the same time schedule....but we will still be drinking late into the night...VACATION...:)

Mike

Mike, what time is it with you at the moment. BTW like the car but not seen anything like that here you are correct.

Yes, 69 days (no pun intended at all!) and we'll be in the same time zone! mmm, that reminds me of Britney (In the Zone) :D

These gave me a laugh this morning

subject: Tommy Cooper type jokes

A mate of mine recently admitted to being addicted to brake fluid.

When I quizzed him on it he reckoned he could stop any time . . .

I knew a man who was suicidal.

He was really depressed, so I pushed him in front of a train.

He was chuffed to bits.

I went to the cemetery yesterday to lay some flowers on a grave. As I was

standing there I noticed 4 grave diggers walking about with a coffin . . .

3 hours later and they're still walking about with it. . .

I thought to myself, these b*g**rs have lost the plot!!

I was at a cashpoint yesterday when a little old lady asked

if I could check her balance.

Not being one to disappoint I gave her a big push and she fell over.

A new middle east crisis erupted last night as Dubai Television was refused

permission to broadcast 'The Flintstones'.

A spokesman for the channel said . . .

'A claim was made that people in Dubai would not understand the humour, but

we know for a fact that people in Abu Dhabi Do.'

My son's been asking me for a pet spider for his birthday, so I went to our

local pet shop and they were £70!!!

B*ll*cks to this, I thought, I can get one cheaper off the web.

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

I was walking in a cemetery this morning and saw a bloke hiding behind a

gravestone. "Morning." I said. "No" he replied, "just having a pee."

My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.

She said, ‘I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3 seconds.’

So I bought her some scales.

A Scottish paedophile has raised a dispute with eBay. He claims that the Wii

GameBoy he received isn't what he was expecting.

I got some new aftershave today that smells like breadcrumbs.

The birds love it!

The Prime Minister, David Cameron, has announced that he intends to make it more difficult to claim benefits.

>From next week, all the forms will be printed in English.

On holiday recently in Spain I saw a sign that said ‘English speaking Doctor’

I thought, 'What a good idea, why don’t we have them in our country?'

Hi All,

George so sorry to your loss..............

Paul nice car!

WE had a nice dinner last night with 2 couples that are going on this cruise but don't post.

68 more days!!!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edited by samben

MIKE (of Mike & Bill)....It's great that you are a posting regular now. To make things official, I am Karen (of Karen & David,) and I came over to this board last year when the other RC was out of hand. Since then, I do post on both boards. I have made great friends here and have been made to feel very welcomed here. We live in Maryland, a suburb of Baltimore, but originally from Philly. I am 61, and retired earlier this year. David will soon turn 64 and is still working full time. He's an engineer at Northrop Grumman in Baltimore. I'm hoping when he retires in two years that we will move to FL. The summer-girl in me is longing to live near the ocean in warm weather year round.....;):)

Your new car is gorgeous! It looks like a throwback to the Challengers of the 70s. I am looking forward to meeting you and Bill in October.

GEORGE....I am so sorry for your loss. Sending good thoughts your way.

We are still at DDs house babysitting the boys. In a little while we'll head out to the pool for a few hours. Hope everyone has a great day!

Mike,

Niceeeeee car. Nice houses too. It looks like it could be my neighborhood. I guess everyone builds basically the same when not in the northeast.

Sherry the pictures are great. Congrats on the wedding.

I will have one in November 2012. My divorced son finally found someone who is wonderful. After being married to the wicked witch of the south he is soooo very happy now. She has twin 6 year old boys so I will go from 3 grandchildren to 5. Boy I feel so old now. What happened????

Jerry still looking for a job (I don't really see this happening). Peter I hope your looking is going better.

Well yesterday after Jerry decided to clean our linen closet which holds a lot of my clothes and shoes also (small house, huge closets) we decided to go cash in my silver jewelry that I have collected over the years and some gold we still have not cashed in yet. Most was what I had from my mother and I would never wear as very dated and I just don't wear yellow gold anymore. First he did the silver. Now I have done this twice before so I really did not have that much. When he told me $160 I almost fell off the bar stools in the store (what a waste of a barstool...no drinks). By the time we were finished it was over 5K. I told Jerry that even from the grave my mother watches over us. Thinking this could carry me an extra month without him working was my first thought. My second thought was deposit it into my cruising account and forget about it. Which do you think I chose :D:D

LIVE FOR THE DAY is my motto because it can always be your last.

So on that note I am going to take some pictures and try to sell some of the clothes with tags on them that I will never wear but must have been a wonderful sale for me to have bought them in the first place. Ebay get ready here I come.ll:p

Everyone have a great day.

Joyce

Good Morning All:

So nice to see you posting Mike, can't wait to meet you and Bill...We are Jill & Dave from Indian Shores, on the West Coast of Florida (I might have already introduced ourselves, but you know senior moment & all)...Nice Wheels :D...

George: So sorry for your loss...Hugs going out to you...

Joyce: You did very well on the trade in of jewelry...I traded some in this past Tuesday and got nearly 4K ;)!!! Still have a few more pieces that I found but will hold onto them until gold hits 2K, and to think when I worked in the Jewelry Exchange in NYC gold was $40.00 an ounce...

Karen: Enjoy spending time with the grandkids...

Peter: Thoughts going out to you on the job search...

Mike, We built a house 10 years ago on 6 1/2 acres in the mountains just south of Yosemite. Thought it was a wiser investment for retirement than staying in town spending money each weekend on dinner, drinks, shopping and all of that. It's never ending projects, though. When we lived in the SF bay area it was a comfortable drive for weekends but now it's near 5 hours :mad:. We are now making the trek 2 to 3 weekends a month so keeps us busy as well. Thank goodness Mark drives and I don't look at the speed. When we are in HB the weekends end up partially with family who are scattered along the socal coast from Rolling Hills to Seal Beach to Laguna.

Maybe we just try to get together for ice cream at Baskin Robbins one night :D. It's my downfall as well.

Your new car reminds me of my first, a 1968 Dodge Charger. Brother and I rebuilt the engine with Holly carb and headers. Ended up getting rid of it for nothing when we had the gas shortages as 8 MPG didn't go far.

Peter and Mike, All of this bike talk. We have a good friend, Marc, who will be joining us on this cruise along with his partner, who has been the AIDS ride each year for the last 10 years from SF to LA. He has almost talked Mark into doing it :eek:. He is a FB friend.

George and Matthew, We are (along with 2 other couples) arriving in BCN Friday so may have to check out the scene with you 2 that night. Best as I can figure out, though, our bodies will be 12 hours behind local time so midnight in BCN will be 6AM to us. Party all night :D.

All, also trying to lose that last 5+ pounds. Don't know if we will make it but trying all forms of exercise including P90x. If you haven't tried it, it kills you but promises to make our 55+ year old bodies into "rock hard beach bodies".....NOT :(.

When i started this thread I had no idea what it would evolve into. Thanks again to to everyone who has joined with a big open mind and a common goal to share our little experiences and enjoy every day and everyone during our short stay on earth. Can't wait to meet and PARTY!

Off to tend the garden and get some sun.

George:

Those Tommy Cooper jokes are the best! I was sitting here at the keyboard laughing out loud and the tears are running down my cheeks. My DH was at his computer and wondered what in heavens name I was looking at, so I tried to read the jokes to him out loud, :D well he got tired of me laughing so hard that I couldn't talk and give him the punch lines and decided to read them himself. After he finished them he then had to go and change his pants because his shoes got wet from him laughing so hard! :eek: Can't wait to meet you on this cruise!

Edited by driftychick

Good Evening folks

George, thanks for the jokes, very welcome.

Mike, Paul, great to hear from you all again.

Paul - I'm not that an experienced cyclist to do an Aids bike ride, but perhaps I should gain experience.

Jill/Joyce - thanks for the support, still very slow over here though.

Sandy, glad to hear you had a good time last night, I bet it was good to chat about this sailing.

Karen - hope your grandkids are running you ragged! :D

No cycling today as we went to the cinema to see 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' and then had a very long walk around the city centre to go shoe shopping for Patrick and ended up with food from M&S for dinner, a new shirt each and a pair of sunglasses each!

Just reserved 2 excursions for this sailing. MG12 - Panoramic Malaga (only 2.5 hours which suits me) and TF38 - Loro Parque (http://www.loroparque.com/en/) which I think is not bad value as it is £42 pp. If you look at the cost of a 1 day ticket it's €33 which is about £30 so £12 for the return transfer is not bad IMHO. It's a 6.5 hour excursion but that gives us a good 5 hours in the park.

Now off to reserve a hire care for when we arrive in Fort Lauderdale. We want to go do some shopping at Sawgrass and even though we now have new flights with BA departing at 5:15 pm, BA insist that their check in desks now close 2 hours prior to departure in Miami to allow time for the increased TSA security checks. So not too happy with the timing of the RCI excursion to Sawgrass and not sure it will get us to the airport in time.

As we will be using small bags for this trip we will probably do self disembarkation and get off early to get to the RCC at FLL.

Great to hear that there is now a RCC at Miami as the last time we rented from this airport, most car rental locations were off airport in fairly suspect areas IMO. Also better news is that the MIA Mover will start on Sept 9th providing an elevated journey for the 1.25 mile from airport to the rental car centre.

Mike, We built a house 10 years ago on 6 1/2 acres in the mountains just south of Yosemite. Thought it was a wiser investment for retirement than staying in town spending money each weekend on dinner, drinks, shopping and all of that. It's never ending projects, though. When we lived in the SF bay area it was a comfortable drive for weekends but now it's near 5 hours, We are now making the trek 2 to 3 weekends a month so keeps us busy as well. Thank goodness Mark drives and I don't look at the speed. When we are in HB the weekends end up partially with family who are scattered along the socal coast from Rolling Hills to Seal Beach to Laguna.

Maybe we just try to get together for ice cream at Baskin Robbins one night. It's my downfall as well.

Your new car reminds me of my first, a 1968 Dodge Charger. Brother and I rebuilt the engine with Holly carb and headers. Ended up getting rid of it for nothing when we had the gas shortages as 8 MPG didn't go far.

Peter and Mike, All of this bike talk. We have a good friend, Marc, who will be joining us on this cruise along with his partner, who has been the AIDS ride each year for the last 10 years from SF to LA. He has almost talked Mark into doing it. He is a FB friend.

George and Matthew, We are (along with 2 other couples) arriving in BCN Friday so may have to check out the scene with you 2 that night. Best as I can figure out, though, our bodies will be 12 hours behind local time so midnight in BCN will be 6AM to us. Party all night .

All, also trying to lose that last 5+ pounds. Don't know if we will make it but trying all forms of exercise including P90x. If you haven't tried it, it kills you but promises to make our 55+ year old bodies into "rock hard beach bodies".....NOT.

When i started this thread I had no idea what it would evolve into. Thanks again to to everyone who has joined with a big open mind and a common goal to share our little experiences and enjoy every day and everyone during our short stay on earth. Can't wait to meet and PARTY!

Off to tend the garden and get some sun.

I'd venture to say that this is one of the more unique RCs on the GLBT board. And more power to us for it!:D

PETE....I'm also sending out good thoughts as you continue the job search. And the boys are 10, well past the age where they run us ragged.....:p

JOYCE.....Great job on the jewelry selling! And OF COURSE you would put the money in your cruising account. Is that anyplace else it would go?? Uh, Not!!!;) Last year I sold some of my old jewelry, and some of my mother's and scored about $2000. Talk about found money!

George, so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Your jokes were great, could not stop laughing!

With all this talk about bicycles, you remind me of our bike tour supporting MS here in NC. I usually provide communications from a rest stop along the route. The last two years I've been the Net Control for the ham radio group. It is a 150 mile ride done over two days in North and South Carolina in late September. We generally have 1500 to 2000 cyclists involved. The ham radio operators refer to it as "miles and mile of spandex"! Some of the riders want to do a "Century ride", so they do 100 miles on the first day of the two day event.

George, I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. What a fiend that Cancer is. There are no wods to make it better, but know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend's family. Hugs to you

Hi everyone.....I skimmed through the posts as I am totally exhausted from yesterday.... the reception went exceptionally well... tons of food and drink, everyone took home a doggy bag.. It has been an exhausting few months but from now on I can just look forward to this cruise and meeting all you great people.

If anyone wants to see photos of last night e-mail me at sebritish at hotmail dot com.... I will be glad to share.

George so sorry to hear of your loss...our condolences.

Mike so glad too to see you are posting regularly now... I thought you lived in Walnut Creek, or was that someone else. Love the Charger and ahhhhhhh to be able to live near a beach....

Pete, hope things are going well for you with your redundancy..

Karen, grandkids are so much fun LOL..

Hope I didn't miss someone.... off to have a nap....

George, so sorry to hear about your friend, Morag - cancer truly is a terrible disease.

Can't believe it is only 23 days to our Vision cruise - looking forward to seeing you again!

Loved the Tommy Cooper jokes - they always crack me up !!

Hi all,

Back to Huntington and reality....At least we only have to drive 110 miles door to door and 2 hours....Paul....yours and Mark commute is quite the drive. We were up in Yosomite in early June...a rainy weekend but had a blast hiking in the park. If none of you have experienced Yosomite....I highly recommend it...It is one of our beautiful National parks we have here in the states. Thanks all for the warm welcome back and thanks to Paul for starting this thread a very long time ago. As you can see...I am on late at night....I work 10:00 to 6:30 pm and by the time I ride home, shower and do some odds and ends..it is usually around the 9 o'clock hour here on the west coast.

Peter....we are 8 hours behind you guys in the UK and 9 hours behind Spain time.

Karen, also looking forward to meeting both of you. Like you guys...we have talked about buying a Condo somewhere in South Florida for our retirement years....or at least several months every year. We both like Florida and WARM ocean waters....but not hurricanes...and since prices are so low and Interest rates are also so low...Looks like a great time to buy...but I am sure we are years for doing something like that.

Been watching on CNN, the events of Libya...Let's hope all goes well for all of the people there and the world. This world is getting more and more crazy all of the time now...Social Media is so powerful...

Hope everybody has a great Monday!

Mike

Tell me more about selling gold... I have several pieces, bracelets necklaces etc...can you get thousands? enquiring minds want to know. I have a very wide gold bracelet...a heavy gold locket and chain etc. etc. all yellow gold that I no longer wear...lots in fact.. would be nice to have a clear out.

Off to bed soon... hopefully can catch up on some sleep...back to normal hopefully.

PETE, MATTHEW, watched X Factor and was impressed on how many great singers there were... that first kid, what a personality...didn't like the oriental women she was nutty LOL...