How do you know when your room is ready?

vasoccerchick

when the big hand is on the 6, and the small hand is on the 1.

they send out messages by homing pigeon. When the pigeon takes a dump on your head your room is ready.

Great answers. :(

kindergarten & jr. high :rolleyes:

If the corridor doors are open, your room is ready, typically after 1pm.

Not always...We thought so, too as we've always seen the signs and the corridor doors were usually shut until they were ready to let you in the room. However, on our last cruise on Legend in April, the doors to the hallways were open and we went into our rooms, started putting our stuff down, checked out the balconies, etc. (I think it was maybe 12:30 or 1. We'd already eaten at the buffet and explored the ship.) Then the room steward came by and told us the rooms were not ready. He said they close the stateroom doors when they are done. All the doors in our hallway were open, so that apparently meant none of them were ready. I guess even though our room looked done, others may not have been and they don't want you in the hallways. I understand this, but there were no signs and the corrridor doors were open, so having seen that on other cruises, we figured they were ready.:eek:Our bad...

I don't think anybody got flamed.

Just a little cruiser humor.

Perhaps. :rolleyes:

I didn't think joking around constituted flaming, but then I've been wrong before (DW would attest to that).

I know the feeling. :eek:

Not always...We thought so, too as we've always seen the signs and the corridor doors were usually shut until they were ready to let you in the room. However, on our last cruise on Legend in April, the doors to the hallways were open and we went into our rooms, started putting our stuff down, checked out the balconies, etc. (I think it was maybe 12:30 or 1. We'd already eaten at the buffet and explored the ship.) Then the room steward came by and told us the rooms were not ready. He said they close the stateroom doors when they are done. All the doors in our hallway were open, so that apparently meant none of them were ready. I guess even though our room looked done, others may not have been and they don't want you in the hallways. I understand this, but there were no signs and the corrridor doors were open, so having seen that on other cruises, we figured they were ready.:eek:Our bad...

If your cabin is in the middle section its open so the guys doing the luggage can get to the cabins .. doesnt mean the cabins are ready.. still supposed to wait until 1:30 pm.

they send out messages by homing pigeon. When the pigeon takes a dump on your head your room is ready.

A demented Harry Potter themed cruise? Awesome!

I was wondering how a simple (I thought) question had so many replies. I've already figured out that the newbies get hazed here and I can take it. This one was pretty tame. I guess some people forgot what it was like to be the new kid. People here are still generally nicer than some of the ones on CC's forums. I hope when I am able to give info instead of take, I'll always remember to do it nicely/sincerely.

Thanks again for the info.

The above 2 posts go together. OMG, way to funny, I haven't laughed this hard at a post in awhile!! :D :D Well said, both of you!! :D :D

I guess that means I should avoid saying "when the pop-up timer pops"

Nope, you shouldn't avoid saying that one, it's excellent as well!! :D :D

If your cabin is in the middle section its open so the guys doing the luggage can get to the cabins .. doesnt mean the cabins are ready.. still supposed to wait until 1:30 pm.

We were forward, not mid. I'm not sure what happened, guessing someone just forgot to close the door behind them or something. There were actually many people and families going into their rooms and being sent away like us. We'd always seen the doors closed with the signs, so we figured the rooms were indeed ready since they were open.

Love it! ;)

So when do we get off the ship at the end of the cruise - when the small hand is on our collar and the big hand is on our belt throwing us off? :(

I'm not flaming anyone. It is a legitimate question that had already been answered 10 times before I posted. I just thought I would make someone giggle. It's funny Peopel get an answer and then post the same answer as someone posted earlier. It happens on all the question posts.

Archived