Do we need cash for Half Moon Cay...

wolfatlga

Everything on HMC is charged to your sea pass card except any purchases at the small straw market type stalls.

Unless you are planning on buying souvenirs there you do not need to take any cash.

Agree... no cash required! The bigger shops accept the ship's card, as do all the bars.

How do you put a tip on your card? I always assumed that we couldn't do that so brought cash. For example, if I wanted to tip the cabana guy or an excursion guide, do you hand them your card and tell them how much to add for their tip?

How do you put a tip on your card? I always assumed that we couldn't do that so brought cash. For example, if I wanted to tip the cabana guy or an excursion guide, do you hand them your card and tell them how much to add for their tip?

Sorry, I was just thinking about bar waiters. $$$ would be needed for other tips but we never do tours or rent a cabana on HMC.

OK, how do you put that on the room card? There's no way I know of to add it to the charge slip.

IIRC there is a line on the slip to add tips. maybe I am thing of the last cruise which was on NCL's Pride of America.

I know on Royal Caribbean the bar slip has a place to add an additional tip amount (besides the included 15%) that will be charged to your onboard account. I don't remember seeing that additional tip line when I was on HAL.

I don't know about lockers but I saw these neat metal "lockable safes"

at Bed, Bath and Beyond with a steel cable attached that could be

secured around anything stationary like a tree or even attached to

a lounge chair. Big enough for camera, money, any other valuables

you want to take. This was actually something college kids could

use to secure valuables in their dorm rooms. If you are taking a cruise

with alot of beach time --- might want to check them out. A couple of different sizes.

Archived