Upgrade upgraded

cruiser92804

Oh, I never had a double upgrade before. I am sure they have done them before, wouldn't surprise me. I have only been upgraded from a balcony to a mini which I LOVED!

Do you stay in the same cabin every time you sail on the Ruby? Just curious....ok, nosy! LOL :confused::rolleyes:

In 1999 for my second cruise I booked one of the cheapest inside lower level cabins I could book on the Norway (what a ship!). After checking that cabin we realized there was no way we could stay in that closet for a week. We went back pier side and asked the Miami check in folks if there were any cabins available that we could pay extra to stay in. She gave us two cabin numbers. The first one wasn't much special but at least it had a port hole. The second one was a balcony cabin that was the size of a hotel room I kid you not. Now it was view obstructed with a life boat but we really didn't care. From a closet to a balcony on the Norway! They charged us $400 total to upgrade to that cabin but in terms of levels of upgrade status it was probably 6 or 7 levels up. Let's just call it super-double-hemi upgrade. I think we paid about $600 for both of us for our inside. Not a bad weeks work for a thousand bucks.

My last trip I booked the cheapest inside passage. About 1 month out I was upgraded to an obstructed view. When I went out to print my boarding pass/luggage tags about a 8 days before the cruise I found myself upgraded to a balcony :D

For my next trip I have already been moved from a K to an I inside passage. A room number appears, but I am still greedily hoping for another upgrade;) I still have 140+ days for them to give me and extra blessing (would be a nice Christmas present :rolleyes: )

On the very first cruise I took way back in 1992 on the original Crown Princess, my sister and I booked an inside room. Our TA called us a month later and said we had been upgraded to an OV. We found out at the pier we got upgraded again to a balcony. Hasn't happened again in the remaining 14 cruises I have sailed on Princess, but sure got bit by the balcony bug on cruise #1.

I think there might be a real chance for some of us in a Mini suite to be upgraded to a full suite as all the mini's are about sold out.But then, maybe so are the suites. 4/13 sailing.The Balconies are also almost gone.

Are you booked in a Guarantee mini-suite category? Is your booking marked "will accept upgrade"?

There are a bunch of suites open on our next cruise in a month. We paid for a full suite and marked our booking "will accept an upgrade", but so far, no movement at all. There's still hope I guess. Our location is okay, but I'd rather be more midship. With my luck, they'll upgrade the first timers from inside to Cat. PH. :cool:

In 1999 we had booked and Ocean View for an Alaskan cruise and received a telephone call 2 days before we were to fly to Vancouver that if we delayed 1 week they would give us a full suite and refund 75% of what we had paid for the Ocean View and the Airfare. It took about 2 seconds to say yes. By the way this was on Holland. No such luck since. Marvin

I have read a few posts over the years where some have said they received a double upgrade. And yes, this can happen. But it is quite rare. Usualy when you have been assigned a stateroom, that is where you end up. ;) Good Luck though!

Sue;

If this happened to me, I'd run rigtht out and buy a lotto ticket.....:):):)

Bob

Just happened for our 6-29-11 Sea to Alaska.

Booked cheapest Inside Guaranty 5 weeks before sailing.

Checked online the week before sailing and saw were assigned a Cat. J inside. Re-checked again 3 days pre-cruise and had been upgraded to highest Cat .Deluxe Ocean View on Aloha deck. Lovely.

We had booked a guaranty, and don't know why we received the extra upgrade, but were very happy.

Joanne

On one of our six cruises booked as guarantees, we booked the lowest category inside guarantee. After about five weeks got upgraded as an oceanview cabin was assigned. Then about four days later got assigned another upgrade to a regular balcony.

Archived