"W" guarantee questions

Dorie7

I did try a search and couldn't find a clear answer to these questions:

Does anyone know if you book a JS or "W" guarantee, do you receive full suite perks IF you are upgraded to a GS or better?

Is it possible to have a cabin assignment prior to final payment, or is the cabin assigned only after final payment?

If you get a cabin assignment and a lower cabin becomes available, can you be downgraded from higher to lower category? Such as from a GS back to a JS?

Finally, if you get a stateroom assigned, do you now "own" that stateroom or are you still a guarantee? In other words, can RCI move you wherever they want until you are actually IN the room, even if you had been assigned a stateroom? Or can you now count on that room, if you are happy with it, and not be further upgraded?

Thank you,

Dorie

Does anyone know if you book a JS or "W" guarantee, do you receive full suite perks IF you are upgraded to a GS or better?

Is it possible to have a cabin assignment prior to final payment, or is the cabin assigned only after final payment?

If you get a cabin assignment and a lower cabin becomes available, can you be downgraded from higher to lower category? Such as from a GS back to a JS?

Finally, if you get a stateroom assigned, do you now "own" that stateroom or are you still a guarantee? In other words, can RCI move you wherever they want until you are actually IN the room, even if you had been assigned a stateroom? Or can you now count on that room, if you are happy with it, and not be further upgraded?

Thank you,

Dorie

If you are fortunate enough to receive a GS or above with your "W Guarantee" you will receive full suite perks. The guarantee is for a minimum JS and I think that is the most common assignment. You will also receive double credits.

I suppose they could move you after assignment, but I don't think it's very likely. People would really squawk if they were downgraded, and there doesn't seem to be much movement after initial stateroom assignment. :)

Thanks!

I have read about someone that said that they were given an assigned cabin at one point and then later another upgraded cabin. I was wondering if it could work both ways, or if you would be able to maintain the first assigned cabin rather than a further upgrade. Sometimes the "lower" category is preferable. For example, I would prefer a GS to a Royal suite if travelling solo and always a GS over a Crown Loft Suite.

I believe that I am over thinking the situation. Once a cabin is assigned, it is likely what you will be sailing in.

Perhaps I am obsessing over this cruise? LOL

Dorie

Does anyone know if you book a JS or "W" guarantee, do you receive full suite perks IF you are upgraded to a GS or better? Yes

Is it possible to have a cabin assignment prior to final payment, or is the cabin assigned only after final payment? It can be anytime from right after booking up until you check in at the pier.

Most of the time, once a stateroom is assigned it will be the room you sail in, but yes they still can move you and I´ve heard about them doing it. Quite unlikely to be downgraded after assignment, but not unheard.

Thank you,

Dorie

To be honest, Yes you are over obsessing this;) Having said this, it sounds to me as if the cabin is very important to you, so you should think about if a guarantee is the best choice for you.

Cabin category and location is important to me, so I don´t book guarantees.:)

Thank you for the replies! When I am obsessing, it helps a great deal to have questions resolved.

Paul,

yes, the stateroom is important to me. However, this guarantee is minimally for a JS, which is the level that I would choose anyway. There is no JS that I would object to having, so it really doesn't matter which one I am assigned. The reason that I booked the guarantee is to save a few $$$$.

However, that said, I am still listed as a guarantee and all the JS category suites are now gone for my sailing. So I am beginning to get delusions of grandeur and wondering about the GS level ( of which there are several remaining):D

Any staterooms that are in the suite category will be acceptable, it is just that I am trying not to get hopes up too much for the GS and want to be prepared for possible 'disappointment'. I doubt that anyone books a guarantee without thinking "Well, you never know - Maybe I'll get an upgrade";)

Thank you for the cautionary words, though. I will take the spirit of them to heart and remember that a JS is almost certainly where I will be sleeping. :D

Dorie

Find it hard to believe with so many D Category Cabins left on your sailing that everyone would be buying up all the Junior Suites.

They must be holding some back for sure.

*** Update : Just found these 4 cabins available on a site I can't mention here..Cabins 6642, 7242, 7244, 7642,

How much did you pay for the "W" anyway? Site I'm looking at has it for about $3200.

Good Luck

Jimbo:)

Jimbo,

Yes, 4 more JS staterooms have reappeared!:confused:

Perhaps people are changing their minds? Or RCI is holding back, as you say. Either way, it's all still up in the air with a guarantee. So, who knows? But it is likely to be a JS, I know.

I was lucky, I think, pricewise. I was able to get the JS for about $2400 taxes in with balcony discount. Seems like a good price for Oasis to me. It would be a steal if I were lucky enough to get upgraded to a GS!!!!:D

I've been scanning the seas for information as well.;)

Dorie

Was hoping for a gs but was assigned a js within a few hours.

After a few weeks I could no longer find where there were any js available so I called Royal Caribbean. I asked if I could go 'back in the pool' to try for another room.

She said yes but be careful.....she said there were indeed a few js left eventhough I would not be able to see them on the internet.

I did not want to chance it. The cabin we were originally assigned is non adjoining on the middle of the hump. I could not have picked a better one if I had the chance.

Just my luck instead of getting something better, I would wind up with an adjoining room off to the side. I could then see me trying to get my original room back & them telling me it was gone !

c b at sea,

very likely you are right. When you think about it, that would be the most fair.

Still, life is seldom fair.

Nancy,

I am glad that you had such good fortune! I have to admit that I am selfish enough that I would be delighted to have similar luck!

Dorie

Archived