Juice Package???

ashmac8

This is our first time cruising with a child (18 days!!!). Our son is 4 years old. I understand we'll be able to get milk at breakfast. This is fine and more than enough since he doesn't really care for milk.

My question is, during the rest of the day/night what are his drink options? He likes apple juice, pineapple juice, lemonade, fruit punch.

I thought about getting the juice package delivered to the room. But this will be about $3.70 per bottle and he doesn't care for orange juice which I assume is included in the package.

Last question (for now :)) ... We will be on Royal Carribean. Is it true that I can just put a luggage tag on a case of juiceboxes?

Thanks In Advance,

Ashley

You are certainly welcome to bring some juice boxes for your child...that's what I'd do. A lot cheaper than buying the package on the ship!

You can also bring a refillable container and get juice at breakfast, pour it into your container and keep for the rest of the day.

There will be water, iced tea, lemonade and maybe fruit punch avail. throughout the day. As you know, milk is avail. in the buffet and all eating venues (chocolate, too!)

If you do bring juice boxes, put them in some sort of bag/duffle and put the luggage tag on that.....makes it much easier for the folks handling your bags!

Have not sailed Royal, but on many lines lemonade is available 'on tap' in the buffet area. Does he like any of the Crystal light type drink mixes? I take a sports bottle with me and make my own lemonade with Crystal Light. EM

I don't know the specifics but since you can carry soda and water onto RCI I imagine you can do the same with juice and/or juice boxes.

On our Disney cruise I carried on water, soy milk and juice boxes (the 100% kind) to have in our room. You probably don't NEED it but it was easy to have it right there as opposed to running out to grab a drink for your toddler.

This is our first time cruising with a child (18 days!!!). Our son is 4 years old. I understand we'll be able to get milk at breakfast. This is fine and more than enough since he doesn't really care for milk.

My question is, during the rest of the day/night what are his drink options? He likes apple juice, pineapple juice, lemonade, fruit punch.

I thought about getting the juice package delivered to the room. But this will be about $3.70 per bottle and he doesn't care for orange juice which I assume is included in the package.

Last question (for now :)) ... We will be on Royal Carribean. Is it true that I can just put a luggage tag on a case of juiceboxes?

Thanks In Advance,

Ashley

Order whatever juice he likes from room service for breakfast. There are several to pick from on the menu. Then put it in the fridge in your cabin for when ever you want it. I have ordered 6 glasses of juice per day. I do it all the time. Costs nothing except a room service tip.

If you are not flying you definitely have more options. We are going on Celebrity - not RCCL - but I have friends who have gone on various lines and have all done this in the past. You can bring water, soda or juice. Just not alcohol. If you drive they get a pallate of juice boxes from a place like costco/BJs and then you tape it really well so that if the plastic rips you don't lose any and they throw a luggage tag on it. A couple of people just put it into a hard side bag.

I am doing this with my girls. I got a package of plastic bottles of apple juice from costco and will bring a case of water as well. I am also bringing some packages of soy milk boxes for DD (who is allergic to milk). I figure in the morning I can order some glasses of apple juice from room service to have in the room but the bottles I can mix with water in a sports bottle or just throw the bottles into my bag to take on shore.

If you are not flying you definitely have more options. We are going on Celebrity - not RCCL - but I have friends who have gone on various lines and have all done this in the past. You can bring water, soda or juice. Just not alcohol. If you drive they get a pallate of juice boxes from a place like costco/BJs and then you tape it really well so that if the plastic rips you don't lose any and they throw a luggage tag on it. A couple of people just put it into a hard side bag.

I am doing this with my girls. I got a package of plastic bottles of apple juice from costco and will bring a case of water as well. I am also bringing some packages of soy milk boxes for DD (who is allergic to milk). I figure in the morning I can order some glasses of apple juice from room service to have in the room but the bottles I can mix with water in a sports bottle or just throw the bottles into my bag to take on shore.

They have soy milk on the ships, it is usually out at breakfast, but you can ask for it other times. Take some extra back to your cabin. EM

They have soy milk on the ships, it is usually out at breakfast, but you can ask for it other times. Take some extra back to your cabin. EM

Do you know what kind they usually have on Celebrity? We recently found out that DD has a milk allergy - she drinks vanilla soy (doesn't like the plain - although she only drank plan milk before that) but she is allergic to chocolate so I can't add that if she doesn't like it. What brand do they have? When I called and submitted our allergies and needs they told me they would try to order hers b.c they couldn't guarantee they would have soy milk on board.

I don't know the specifics but since you can carry soda and water onto RCI I imagine you can do the same with juice and/or juice boxes.

On our Disney cruise I carried on water, soy milk and juice boxes (the 100% kind) to have in our room. You probably don't NEED it but it was easy to have it right there as opposed to running out to grab a drink for your toddler.

RCI, does NOT allow you to bring water, juice or soda on their ships! I had to pour out a unopened bottle of water in Feb. Now Carnival, yes, you can take soda, water, juice...

We are going on the Mariner in Feb, 2012, and considered buying the juice package for my dgd, but decided that we will pick up some at breakfast and keep it in the fridge. Also, I always bring along crystal light, ship water is fine! Dot

From RCI website...

< Back to Food & Beverage

Food & Beverage

Print This Page

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

I guess I should say, that liquids are forbidden on RCI, but some people have managed to get some onboard. I think the ones that have been most successful are the ones that pack them in their checked luggage. Also, guess it depends on where you sail from. But, on each of my RCI cruises, they have been very strict with this. Galveston made everyone throw their water away this past feb, whether it was open or unopened. I would think they might be most lenient with juice boxes for kids..I did read a while back that they made one lady ditch hers, but she had them in two different places, and one made it thru while she had to throw the others away...you could always try since they are not that expensive.

Archived