~ fake carnivale pins ~

joebat1

I have collected Carnival Cruise pins from the beginning, and as many know I have over 1,000. Including all the early ones. Every pins "cruisetrend" has listed are DEFINITELY counterfeit, They are not even good copies, with several differences, most notably the Mardi Gras left the fleet in 1993, The Carnivale in 1994, The Festival in 1998, The Tropicale in 2001,the Jubilee in 2004. Carnival did not start

renaming" the earlier ships until the Fantasy Class ships were refitted and renamed until late 2008.

Carnival never had a BREEZE, and the Magic has never issued this type of funnel pin.

PLEASE, everyone one go to EBay ond on the right side about half way down there is a place to report all these pins a fakes.

I have collected Carnival Cruise pins from the beginning, and as many know I have over 1,000. Including all the early ones. Every pins "cruisetrend" has listed are DEFINITELY counterfeit, They are not even good copies, with several differences, most notably the Mardi Gras left the fleet in 1993, The Carnivale in 1994, The Festival in 1998, The Tropicale in 2001,the Jubilee in 2004. Carnival did not start

renaming" the earlier ships until the Fantasy Class ships were refitted and renamed until late 2008.

Carnival never had a BREEZE, and the Magic has never issued this type of funnel pin.

PLEASE, everyone one go to EBay ond on the right side about half way down there is a place to report all these pins a fakes.

Thanks Joe for this heads up.

We are still looking for Jubilee, Tropicale and Celebration....

Thanks Joe for this heads up.

We are still looking for Jubilee, Tropicale and Celebration....

I still have a few of all three left, I though you had completed all your pins ~~!!~~

I reported the Breeze, Magic and Jubilee pins as fake individually. Also noted that every pin cruisetrend was selling was fake and why.

If you find them on ebaaaay, go to the far right and there is a place that says, "report item". That is where you can report the item as:

1--being touted as genuine

2--being fake

3--infringing upon the copyright of CCL.

The more we report these stupid fakes, the more chance they will be tossed and we can go back to trading legitimate pins.:mad:

I also reported this guy on ebay. I contacted the seller asking if indeed these were authentic and how he obtained them. His response was a little rude and he didnt give me any straight answers. So I wouldnt be a bit surprised if JoeB is right about this ebay seller. The seller did mention in an email to me that the Breeze pin is one of 25 samples that was made...but again he never told me how he obtained it and he didnt want to tell me in email that it was authentic CCL merchandise.

wow , I learn something everyday on this board.

never new there was a market for pins, let alone a Knock off thing going on.. i have a bunch laying in the bottom of a draw

I am not surprised at the knock offs...now that Carnival has stopped making them....the value of those left have doubled....

I also reported this guy on ebay. I contacted the seller asking if indeed these were authentic and how he obtained them. His response was a little rude and he didnt give me any straight answers. So I wouldnt be a bit surprised if JoeB is right about this ebay seller. The seller did mention in an email to me that the Breeze pin is one of 25 samples that was made...but again he never told me how he obtained it and he didnt want to tell me in email that it was authentic CCL merchandise.

He is rude because he knows "the jig is up". Someone else in this group contacted him and he got defensive, too. He knows that eb is about to delist his items, no doubt. Probably had them made in China. Probably has thousands of them.:mad:

As far as I know, there have been no Magic pins made and not sure if there will be any. We got generic "Platinum cruiser" pins on the Magic - a fact many complained of on JH face page as well as CC. It would be nice if they did make one for the Magic as people collect them with the ship on it. I doubt they made a "protype" of a ship pin so far out (Breeze), especially since they haven't made Magic pins yet that I am aware of (someone correct me if I am wrong about that)

There has been discussion about these fakes over on the Cruise Memorabilia section, thread titled "Carnival Pins?" http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=151281&page=38 .

I have been looking for a Carnival "Festivale" pin for quite some time now and frequently check Ebay. If it wasn't from the warnings of the others on this thread, I probably would have been bidding on the Festivale pin listed and potentially wasted good money on a fake.

Some of us have already reported these pins as fakes to Ebay. In case any of you would also like to do so, in the thread above, someone included the link to Ebay to report them and lists of the auction numbers have also been provided. For convenience, I have copied and pasted the link and those auction numbers below. Ebay will only allow 10 numbers at once - that is the reason they've been broken down into 3 sets of 10.

Link to eBay:

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype=2023&rcode=BN%25P10158&subject=Replica%20and%20Counterfeit%20Items&bcrumb=%20Home%20%3E%20Help%20%3E%C2%A0Membership%20%26%20account%C2%A0%3E%C2%A0Rules%20%26%20policies%C2%A0%3E%C2%A0Replica%2C%20c

Auction numbers of the fake pins:

I would actually post the link JH blog or even his facebook. Let carnival deal with this person. They have more power than the average person. And they can make a larger squak

A friend just like John know about it.

You would think Ebay would be the first one to yank his submissions since they are fake....

Wow:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CARNIVAL-CRUISE-BREEZE-PIN-BRAND-NEW-VERY-RARE-/120764010661?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1e1890a5

a rare pin for a ship that hasnt been built or sailed on yet. The image quality is a bit iffy too, but that could be caused by a bad camera .

$14.00?? sheesh- what people pay for this stuff.

I have been looking for a Carnival "Festivale" pin for quite some time now and frequently check Ebay. If it wasn't from the warnings of the others on this thread, I probably would have been bidding on the Festivale pin listed and potentially wasted good money on a fake.

Like you if we had not seen the warnings we would have been bidding on the Mardi Gras Pin

Thanks to the OP for the heads-up

. . . They are not even good copies, with several differences, most notably the Mardi Gras left the fleet in 1993, The Carnivale in 1994, The Festival in 1998, The Tropicale in 2001,the Jubilee in 2004. Carnival did not start

Joe, as you requested, I've gone online and reported those that I'm 100% certain are fakes. :( Thanks for the 'heads up' on these listings.

Also . . . I can assure you that those you purchased from me August 2010 were completely legit :) :)

Here's five. Sorry for the bad color ... real or fake?

Tropicale.jpg

Jubilee.jpg

Festivale.jpg

Elation.jpg

Elation2.jpg

Not an expert, but those look real. The real pins for Jubilee and Festivale, for example, only had "Jubilee" and "Festivale" on the pin (like yours) but the ones being sold on Ebay had "Carnival Jubilee" and "Carnival Festivale". Hopefully someone else can confirm this and also take a look at your other ones as well.

Archived