Cruise ship refrigerators

tigerdadky

Fridges have not freezer. They hardly keep anything cold. I put my cokes in there to pre-cool them. Then I put them on ice to get them cold. I doubt the fridges would keep milk fresh. I have heard if you keep the cabinet door open they are more efficient. Who knows???

They are mini coolers. No freezer section. Basically they keep thing cool not real cold.

Cooler......great description. You can put the contents in the night stand to free up the space. Room stews are getting away from emptying them on request even by platinum cruisers. Ask to have them unlocked.

I ordered some limes to make martini's in the cabin from room service and after two days in the fridge they went bad. A bucket of ice replenished on a daily basis works best.

:)

Fridges have not freezer. They hardly keep anything cold. I put my cokes in there to pre-cool them. Then I put them on ice to get them cold. I doubt the fridges would keep milk fresh. I have heard if you keep the cabinet door open they are more efficient. Who knows???

There's no freezer but ice will build up in the back upper portion of the fridge. If you see a big ice build up- put a towel down in the bottom,take the hair dryer and melt the ice until it gets to the poing where you can break it up and get it out of there. Then leave the cabinet door open and your fridge will work much better. We always keep milk and everything else in there and it gets plenty cold.

There's no freezer but ice will build up in the back upper portion of the fridge. If you see a big ice build up- put a towel down in the bottom,take the hair dryer and melt the ice until it gets to the poing where you can break it up and get it out of there. Then leave the cabinet door open and your fridge will work much better. We always keep milk and everything else in there and it gets plenty cold.

You work too hard on a cruise!

Some of the ships have the refrigerator in an completely closed cabinet, so there is nowhere for it to vent and they just don't work. I would think they would be a fire hazard. On the Freedom the cabinet and several opennings to vent the heat and the refrigerator stayed much colder. My dad said he didn't even need to ice his beer.

Archived