Is there a way to get a message to someone on a cruise?

rjan67

our friends and family can contact the ship by calling (888)

724-SHIP. Or from outside the U.S. they can call (732) 335-3285. The

cost is $7.95 USD a minute and can be charged to their American

Express®, MasterCard®, Visa®, Discover® or Diners Club®.

From outside the U.S. additional long distance charges will also

apply.

Make sure you leave your family your ship's name and your cabin number

My personal opinion, I would not call them.

Depending on the circumstances (immediate family, distant relative, etc.), not calling them may be the best option. It would be very costly for them to rush home, not to mention having to ruin their trip.

Services can easily be delayed until they return.

Sorry about your loss.

Bob and Phyl

My Grandfather died while we were on our last cruise. My aunt called the ship, and they actually hunted my dad down using his picture in order to relay the message. He pretty much didn't enjoy the rest of the trip, which was unfortunate, since we were having a great time up until that point.

Like the others have said, calling the ship is probably the best way to get in touch, but I wouldn't do it if it's something you can avoid. But I'm sure the decisions already been made by this point.

I, too, would not call. What purpose would that serve other than to ruin your sister's vacation? When my aunt passed away, her DIL was on a long-awaited trip to Ireland. She was not called since she would have had to either cut her trip short that she had been saving for for years or continue and have a miserable time.

I had a call about my car being damaged in my driveway when we were on holidays last time

I knew my crazy neighbors were responsible and it certainly effected my enjoyment for the rest if the trip

I wouldnt call unless you consider that should be be upset with nit being told

Cheers

YES Call them,and leave message to call home

Sorry, disagree.

OP, if you are going to notify them, I would leave the message about the death in the family with any pertinent details. This way, they do not have to call home. The "not knowing what happened" and trying to find a way to call home will only add to their frustration and anxiety.

So sorry for your loss.

EDITED to add: Whoops, I see this was almost 24 hours ago that you posted; you've probably made your decision either way by now. Take care.

My personal opinion, I would not call them.

I agree. There isn't much they can do while they are in the middle of the cruise. Probably won't get home any faster and they certainly won't enjoy the rest of their vacation. Of course, I don't know the details, but unless it was a member of my immediate family (child, parent or spouse), I would not want to be notified. It is a hard decision to make though. I am sorry for your loss.

Archived