Electrical sockets on Solstice

richard100

Hi, Newbie here,

sorry if this has been posted loads of times, but can anyone tell me what type of sockets are in the Solstice rooms. Are they European 2 pin, US 2 pin, or UK 3 pin sockets?

Also, do the bathrooms stock normal toiletries like a regular hotel room?

Richard.

2 x 110V US 2 pin

1 x 220V Euro 2 pin (all by the dressing table) so you will need an adaptor, but remember for charging batteries etc, most can use either voltage, so take a couple of adaptors or a 4 gang trailing socket.

1 shaver socket in the bathroom

Bathroom stocked with soap etc, but the shampoos and stuff are in little bottles, so might be easier to bring your own (we do as the wife is allergic to some ship toiletries as we found out on our first cruise!!).

All towels are on the ship...bathroom, pool towels (by the pool!) and ask your attendant for beach towels if you go to the beach on a port day.

Simon

2 x 110V US 2 pin

1 x 220V Euro 2 pin (all by the dressing table) so you will need an adaptor, but remember for charging batteries etc, most can use either voltage, so take a couple of adaptors or a 4 gang trailing socket.

Simon

Hi Simon,

The US sockets are 3 pin but will take the 2 pin variety.

Do not recall seeing a shaving socket on the bathroom but then again I do not use an electric shaver!!

Jim

Edited by jimzgoldfinch

Simon and others have given you the good basic info. From our experiences on the Solstice two months ago, I would add this tip. You might take a short extension cord with multiple plugs on the end. That makes it easier when you have various camera, iPod, iPhone, shaver, etc., items for re-charging, etc.

Enjoy your cruise tomorrow. Barcelona is super wonderful. On my below live/blog, I posted lots of pictures and details on that great port and its wonderful culture, art, architecture, charm, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 34,731 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Just taking a break from packing and saw this thread!

Many thanks for the info as I too was wondering about which adaptors to take.

Will be in Barcelona on Wednesday to begin our 1st Celebrity cruise :)

Jackie

Thanks all, just one more thing... Do the Solstice cabins (class 1B) come with hair dryer, iron etc? Are there any specific items that we will need to bring? Richard.

No irons are provided or allowed, per concerns on fire safety. Yes on hair dryers, but much depends on what style and quality of that equipment you like and desire for your exact personal needs.

What else to bring? MONEY!!! Cruise ships, especially during these economic times, do NOT make money on selling the cruise. It's the alcohol, spa, tours, extras, etc., where the profit margin is achieved. Watch what you spend and plan accordingly to avoid that "BIG SURPRISE" at the end of your cruise. All of those items can add up quickly, especially for the drinks, wine, etc. Beverage packages can avoid a big surprise, but, you pay a decent-sized per-day price for use that might NOT be as high as expected with lots of port days and time off of the ship.

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 34,731 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Edited by TLCOhio

There are no clocks in the cabins, so if you need an alarm, bring one (though you can set the phone to act as an alarm call).

Regarding MONEY (as brought up by Terry), on your online checkin pass (which you should have printed by now!), select option B for how the exchange rate is done (ie that your credit card co will do the exchange). This is 'cos Celeb's rate is cr@p. Mention this at check in and at least once at Guest Relations on the ship. Also, check your bill. Do not assume Celeb are 'honest'. They can and do charge for things you haven't had 'accidentally', so keep all your receipts and check at least a couple of times (via your TV) during the cruise and on the last night. Trying not to be a Jonah here, but the main rule is....HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Simon

Solstice sockets (or power points, if you are from down under... EM

Super great and helpful pictures from Essiesmom. Two pictures are really worth two thousand words for purposes of this original question.

Since Richard and Jackie are fairly new to these boards and getting ready to board, I will also share one of my many favorite Solstice pictures and places. Love this area of the ship that tends to be not too busy. See more Solstice pictures and places and food on the below weblink.

The Solarium was one of our favorite areas on the Solstice. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design are there as a part of this sparkling ship facility.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

Many thanks for the photo of the sockets Essiesmom.

Terry your photos are fantastic , and if I look closely at the pool picture I can see a sun bed with my name on it :D

Not long now, but I'm just to excited to sleep!

Jackie

Solstice sockets (or power points, if you are from down under...):

BG-2.jpg

There is also a shaver plug in the bathroom.

BG-4.jpgEM

Hi,

When and in which cabin did you take the photo of the bathroom shaving sockets. There were no shaving sockets in the Balcony 2B stateroom on the Eclipse.

Jim

Edited by jimzgoldfinch

Hi,

When and in which cabin did you take the photo of the bathroom shaving sockets. There were no shaving sockets in the Balcony 2B stateroom on the Eclipse.

Jim

This is our 1B

The shaver is at the right end of the strip light above the mirror.

ry%3D400

Simon

This is our 1B

The shaver is at the right end of the strip light above the mirror.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for correction. As I never use an electric shaver, it did not bother me that I could not find the shaver point. It never occurred to me that they would place a power socket at the right end of the strip light above the mirror.

Jim

Edited by jimzgoldfinch

• 3 years later...

If you are an Australian the sockets on our iPad chargers etc so fit those on the Solstice.

If you don't have one you can hire one from Guest Relations and get a full refund when you return it.

You can buy one at the airport, Strandbags etc. it is an adaptor to use with Australian products in foreign countries.

Hope this helps.

Noosagirl.