Carrying your Seapass card

willma

Hi, I had expected Celebrity to issue Seapass cards with a lanyard on our cruise on the Equinox, but they didn't, nor did they sell them in the shops on board. Any tips for how best to carry these safely while still having it handy at all times?

They might have just been sold out of lanyards -- they usually have them for sale in the gift shops. If you want a lanyard before your next cruise, most sporting good stores sell them. The main thing to remember when carrying your SeaPass card is not to keep it near any cell phone or magnet -- some women's purses have magnetic clasps so they are a no-no for carrying electronically-coded cards.

Hi, I had expected Celebrity to issue Seapass cards with a lanyard on our cruise on the Equinox, but they didn't, nor did they sell them in the shops on board. Any tips for how best to carry these safely while still having it handy at all times?

I have always just carried mine in my pocket or carried a small purse with me everywhere. Never felt the need for a lanyard.

Carole

I slip it in my pocket.

Suggestion ~ heed cruisestitch's wise warning about magnetic clips on bags!!! 2008 cruise my Seapass failed 3 times in 4 days - I was furious by the 3rd time. Got a different woman at Guest Relations and she gave me a new one and nicely asked to see my bag - pointed to the magnetic clasp and said that was the culprit!!! And she was correct - didn't use the bag for the rest of the trip and never had another problem with my Seapass!

I carry it in my pocket or us a lanyard to be safe.

I always use the free wallet they provide for carrying it in. Also you can usually buy one in the store

I always use the free wallet they provide for carrying it in. Also you can usually buy one in the store

We didn't receive little wallets on X but used some that another line had given us in the past.

I feel a little dorky, but I bring a lanyard and wear the thing around my neck while on the ship (not in port). I've been known to put it in a shoe. A lot of my pants don't have pockets. I wish it could be emblazoned on my forehead, attractively, of course.

I feel a little dorky, but I bring a lanyard and wear the thing around my neck while on the ship (not in port). I've been known to put it in a shoe. A lot of my pants don't have pockets. I wish it could be emblazoned on my forehead, attractively, of course.

LOL - that's funny! :D

Connie

That's helpful about the bags with magnetic clasps, thank you.

I think I will just buy a lanyard before I go next time though. It was on the ship that I had the problems, as I never seemed to have a pocket and didn't want to carry a handbag.

Could I get microchipped? That would make life simple. ;)

My daughter and I went on Century in January. She was handed her SeaPass and then we walked on the gangplank to board and her card failed. Was in her hand the entire time. She had to go back and get a new cad before they would let her board even though her name was on the manifest. Her card failed 8 times. We did find out not to carry a camera near your card as well and when one card would fail - take them both to Guest Relations otherwise, many times mine wouldn't work after she got a new one.

All passengers get a little paper wallet with a folded map of the ship. Some classes of stateroom have a little foldover plastic key card holder -- usually one per stateroom. Lots of passengers use lanyards, or other plastic holders. On some ships they will even punch a hole in the card for you at the front desk if you want to wear it on a clip type lanyard as opposed to the plastic pocket type. Most ships have souvenir lanyards for sale in one of the shops, but the OP indicated that there were none on their sailing -- probably just out of stock.

Could I get microchipped? That would make life simple. ;)

That's not a bad idea! Provide microchipping as an option. Prior to a cruise, go to your doctor and have him implant a chip in your rear end - it could be done in minutes as a simple office visit. When arriving at the embarkation port, the check in person would wand you butt and it would activate for the duration of your cruise. Upon disembarkation at the end of the cruise, a similar wanding action would disable it and it would then be ready for the next cruise, even if it was on another line. When leaving or returning to the ship, simply wiggle your behind in front of the scanner and 'Beep', you are cleared. Buy a drink in the bar, wiggle your rear at the waiter and the charge is made to your account. A scanner could be added to your stateroom door so you would no longer have to use one hand to slide the card. That would leave both hands free for carrying all the extra food and drinks to your room "For later". No more need to fish out that seapass card anymore.

WoW, being a visionary is a pretty awsome feeling!!!!

Never got a wallet but I did recieve a what would be considered

a "credit card holder"...or is that the wallet folks are talking about?:confused:

I use it all the time. My card slides into it. I had AQ class once and

I think that is where I got it so now I take it on every cruise. It is

dark blue with an X on it.

Most of my pants/crops/shorts all have pockets so it usually goes into

a pocket;) and I don't like wearing a lanyard.

Never got a wallet but I did recieve a what would be considered

a "credit card holder"...or is that the wallet folks are talking about?:confused:

I use it all the time. My card slides into it. I had AQ class once and

I think that is where I got it so now I take it on every cruise. It is

dark blue with an X on it.

Most of my pants/crops/shorts all have pockets so it usually goes into

a pocket;) and I don't like wearing a lanyard.

That's it exactly, Lois. I don't like carrying a purse ever, so I put whatever cards/cash I need into that little thing and I am good to go anywhere!

Archived