EZ Check info

RickSue

We are looking for information on EZ Check. With our post-cruise flight home beginning in the late afternoon from FLL, it sure would be nice to leave the extra baggage (and no not the spouse or mother in law :eek:) with Princess only to see it when we get home. Any experiences? Horror stories? Is this booked through Princess? Do all airlines participate?

We did this from LA to Syracuse, N.Y. and as long as your connecting flights are with the same airline all the way home, and is in the U.S. then you can do the EZ check. You can check with your airline as some do this and some do not. It is well worth the price I think, not having to cart your bags all over especially if you have a later flight in the afternoon. You get the forms to fill out a couple of days before in your stateroom and you put your bags out the night before and poof they are gone. Princess prints out your boarding pass and luggage tags for you and look after all that sort of stuff. Love it!!!

We are looking for information on EZ Check. With our post-cruise flight home beginning in the late afternoon from FLL, it sure would be nice to leave the extra baggage (and no not the spouse or mother in law :eek:) with Princess only to see it when we get home. Any experiences? Horror stories? Is this booked through Princess? Do all airlines participate?

Hi: We've done this a couple of times on RCI and NCL...it's great! It's $20 p/person, and the ship gives you your boarding pass and special luggage tags. You'll get information in your cabin, a form to complete and bring down to the desk. Put out your luggage and forgot about it until you're back at your home airport! It's great! It's billed to your seapass card. You need to check w/ your airline to make sure they participate. Continental and Jetblue do (using Jetblue in Oct)...

If you have to pay for luggage, they'll add that on the seapass card as well. So easy...Just remember, your flight must leave 1:00 p.m. or later and it's only for the U.S.

Love how easy it is and worth it. :D

We're doing Partial Panama Canal in Oct from Florida...We'll grab a cab to t he airport (about $20 with tip) our carryon's and off we go. We dont use the transfers..Takes too long to board everyone and their luggage and then everyone off to get their luggage. It's much easier and a wait for a cab is barely 5 minutes.

Hope this answers your questions.

Safe sails!:)

We did this from LA to Syracuse, N.Y. and as long as your connecting flights are with the same airline all the way home, and is in the U.S. then you can do the EZ check. You can check with your airline as some do this and some do not. It is well worth the price I think, not having to cart your bags all over especially if you have a later flight in the afternoon. You get the forms to fill out a couple of days before in your stateroom and you put your bags out the night before and poof they are gone. Princess prints out your boarding pass and luggage tags for you and look after all that sort of stuff. Love it!!!

I agree, EZ Check is worth every penny.

So, if coming back from Vancouver on Air Canada with connecting flight in Toronto, Ontario, then to Portland, ME., does that mean we cannot use EZ Check?

Not all airlines participate. These do.

Air Canada

Air Tran

American

Delta

Jet Blue

Northwest

Continental

US Air

United participates from Miami only and Jet Blue does not participate from Miami.

Love, Love, Love EZ check!

On Disney it was free, on Princess it was 20.00

Still well worth it.

The only problem I had with Princess was that once I got home, they charged my credit card an extra 100.00.

We both had 2 pieces of checked luggage, but we flew First Class, so there was no charge for our luggage.

We had informed Princess of this and showed them our tickets (which they had printed out for us).

When I called Princess about this, they were very helpful and apologetic. They had me send them a copy of my airline itinerary and confirmation. In about 3 or 4 days I got an email stating they would be crediting my CC with the four 25.00 luggage fees. They advised it could take a couple of billing cycles to appear. The 100.00 credit showed up on my next bill.

Not all airlines participate. These do.

Air Canada

Air Tran

American

Delta

Jet Blue

Northwest

Continental

US Air

United participates from Miami only and Jet Blue does not participate from Miami.

Southwest participates in Fort Launderdale now, having stopped their "Bags-to-go" service with an outside cart at Port Everglades.

We used EX Check out of San Juan on Caribbear Princess. Princess did evereything as promised, Delta lost one bag after getting it from PRINCESS. The airline tracked the bag by the bar code on their tag and delivered it to our house 9:30AM the next norning. They had sent the bag to Detroit on a different airplane. Strictly Delta air's fault.

Someone else asked a similar question with no answer. Can you use EZ Check from Vancouver to the USA? All flights would be the same airline. Thanks.

If you follow the link in post #4 you'll find The statement "Your flight (and final destination) must be within the United States".

Hi: We've done this a couple of times on RCI and NCL...it's great! It's $20 p/person, and the ship gives you your boarding pass and special luggage tags. You'll get information in your cabin, a form to complete and bring down to the desk. Put out your luggage and forgot about it until you're back at your home airport! It's great! It's billed to your seapass card. You need to check w/ your airline to make sure they participate. Continental and Jetblue do (using Jetblue in Oct)...

If you have to pay for luggage, they'll add that on the seapass card as well. So easy...Just remember, your flight must leave 1:00 p.m. or later and it's only for the U.S.

flight has to be after1:00 :( being before is one of the main reasons I really want it!

If you follow the link in post #4 you'll find The statement "Your flight (and final destination) must be within the United States".

Yet Air Canada participates in Florida, and I doubt it is a flight to elsewhere in the USA.

flight has to be after1:00 :( being before is one of the main reasons I really want it!
Only for certain airports. For FLL, it can be after 11:30am; Miami, I believe it's 1:30pm.

One thing I do is bring a copy of my flight itinerary, highlight Business or First Class, and submit it along with the filled-out form. This way, they have the information before checking me in for the flight. I never assume they can figure it out or that something is or should be obvious to them. They are processing a lot of forms and don't catch everything. If Princess charges you a baggage fee, it's because the airline has charged you. They don't double-check that. The baggage fees aren't going to Princess and even though they are charging you for them, they're going to your airline.

It is not a necessity that you provide an original copy of your flight info ....... I took the only copy I had to the Purser's desk along with the EZCheck form, and they guy at the desk made a copy of it for their use and returned the original to me.

• 2 weeks later...
We used EX Check out of San Juan on Caribbear Princess. Princess did evereything as promised, Delta lost one bag after getting it from PRINCESS. The airline tracked the bag by the bar code on their tag and delivered it to our house 9:30AM the next norning. They had sent the bag to Detroit on a different airplane. Strictly Delta air's fault.

We will be on the Caribbean Princess in January, and will be traveling Air Tran from MI. We used EZcheck last Dec. out of FLL and really liked it. Does Air Tran use EZCheck out of San Juan?

Only for certain airports. For FLL, it can be after 11:30am; Miami, I believe it's 1:30pm.

One thing I do is bring a copy of my flight itinerary, highlight Business or First Class, and submit it along with the filled-out form. This way, they have the information before checking me in for the flight. I never assume they can figure it out or that something is or should be obvious to them. They are processing a lot of forms and don't catch everything. If Princess charges you a baggage fee, it's because the airline has charged you. They don't double-check that. The baggage fees aren't going to Princess and even though they are charging you for them, they're going to your airline.

Thanks, Pam. I was just going to ask about FLL, as I thought I'd read it was earlier than 1:00. Hoping to give this a try in December, and we happen to have an 11:30 a.m. Delta return flight. :)

Just posted another thread about this very subject before I saw this one. Really confused about SWA and EZCheck. Keep getting conflicting answers to this. Some say yes, some say no.

If anyone knows for sure, I'd appreciate it. We're on Emerald March 2012 out of FLL flying SWA.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

For FLL could you use EZ Check if your flight is at 11:30AM, not after?

Thanks

Archived