Linking Booking Numbers

StillPooh

My hubby and I are going on our first Princess cruise in January. His parents and 2 other couples booked using a TA; we booked online. We want to be seated together with traditional dining. I called Princess and was told that the in-laws' TA has to link the bookings and was given a reference number for them to use.

My question is this: is there anything else I can do, other than wait and hope and check at embarkation, to make sure this works out?

TIA!

There is nothing you can do except have the bookings linked together (and this has to be done by the TA when you booked through a TA), and even then it won't totally guarantee your dining room seating. Have you thought of switching to anytime dining where you can all show up at the same time and sit together?

When you board check with the others to see that you have the same dining arrangements. Your Cruise Card will show the time, table and dining room if you have Traditional. If they are not the same, the maitre 'd will be in one of the dining rooms to discuss changes. The Princess Patter will have the time and place.

Have you thought of switching to anytime dining where you can all show up at the same time and sit together?

Believe me, I would very much prefer to do that. However, I have heard that the larger your party, the longer the waits can be, and we'd be a party of eight. I don't think my in-laws would be willing to switch. :(

I have had my traditional dining arrangements linked with fellow cruisers on multiple cruises without any difficulty. I have never gotten on the ship and not had them linked after the request was made.

However, when you board the ship look at your cruise card and your dining assignment will be on it. If you and your party are not seated together go see the Maitre D after you board. The Princess Patter in your stateroom will list the time and the place to discuss dining assignment changes with the Maitre D shortly after you board. If you don't get it changed the first night of the cruise, they will call you on the second night with the change. In over 20 cruises with Princess, I have never failed to get my desired dining arrangement by the second night of the cruise.

I have had my traditional dining arrangements linked with fellow cruisers on multiple cruises without any difficulty. I have never gotten on the ship and not had them linked after the request was made.
Thanks so much! My personal preference is for anytime dining, but I am deferring to the other couples in our party on this. Since I'm sure we'll be doing lots of things separately in port, meal times will be important for reconnecting. :D

I will warn you, though, that in linking your reservations for dining purposes, you will also be linking your bookings for staterooms. That does not mean you will for sure get staterooms next to each other, BUT you could end up side by side. This is a pro for some and a con for others who want some space. If you booked a Guarantee, you may end up receiving your stateroom assignment based on the category booked by someone else. For instance, we booked a Cat. FF Obstructed Oceanview, and my in-laws booked a Cat. HH Obstructed Oceanview. Since our bookings were linked, they were assigned an upgrade to FF, and we were kept in our FF Cat. to be 2 doors down from them. Who knows? We may have received an upgrade had we not linked the bookings. On the flip side, I've read posts on here about people who have linked their bookings and received great upgrades because of it. It all depends on which categories have enough cabins near each other. That said, I'll reinforce that they don't have to put you together, but they do seem to try.

I will warn you, though, that in linking your reservations for dining purposes, you will also be linking your bookings for staterooms.

I don't see how, as we all have our rooms assigned already. They chose balcony cabins on the Riviera deck, all 3 in a row. We chose a window suite on the Fiesta deck. We're linking for dining after the fact.

I don't see how, as we all have our rooms assigned already. They chose balcony cabins on the Riviera deck, all 3 in a row. We chose a window suite on the Fiesta deck. We're linking for dining after the fact.

Your cabins are not in jeopardy; not to worry.

When we have had our bookings linked in the past, it showed up on our Personalizer so we knew the TA had taken care of it. Once it is linked, you should have no trouble being assigned the same table if you all have the same dining. If it is not, see the Maitre'd upon boarding.

When we have had our bookings linked in the past, it showed up on our Personalizer so we knew the TA had taken care of it. Once it is linked, you should have no trouble being assigned the same table if you all have the same dining. If it is not, see the Maitre'd upon boarding.

It USED to show up on the personalizer, but now it no longer does. I called my TA because mine did not, she called Princess, and was told it is there, but no longer shows up on the personalizer.

Archived