Bottled water for 18 month old

kms118

I will be sailing with an 18 month old and would like to take some bottled water on board so he can have it whenever (on boat or in port). He's breastfed, so we certainly don't need it for formula, but I would rather him have good water vs. the 'OK' water on board. I don't need lectures about the water quality on board. I have cruised and it's good enough for me, but I would rather him have bottled (even though it's probably bottled tap, lol). Last time we cruised Carnival and checked an entire case of water that I taped up to keep secure (from tearing) and taped a handle on and luggage tags. They won't do this on RCI, right? Grrr.... Thanks!

I'm sure someone will put you right here.... I've always taken water on board....was not aware the practice had been disallowed. Suggest you drop special needs an email and advise that you will be bringing your own bottled water on board for your infant. I only have the UK email address but you will find the US one on the website.

I'm sure someone will put you right here.... I've always taken water on board....was not aware the practice had been disallowed. Suggest you drop special needs an email and advise that you will be bringing your own bottled water on board for your infant. I only have the UK email address but you will find the US one on the website.

It depends on the port. Some don't mind, some will adhere to the no beverages rule. Don't think contacting special services will do any good at all since they sell bottled water all over the ship, including a water package, so it's not like what you "need" is not readily available on board.

Officially, you aren't allowed to bring bottled water on board. In practice, you may be allowed. You may not. There is absolutely no way to know ahead of time how much enforcement there will be for your cruise.

PS - If you already know the ship's water is just as purified, if not more so than bottled water, I won't belabour the point.

The water onboard the ship is purer than some bottled water. Don't be afraid to let him drink it. At 18 months, he can handle anything you can. You can get water at any bar for free also. It's all very pure and completely 100% safe. Probably safer than your tap water at home. The water onboard is more than "OK". So many are so misinformed about the water onboard and how it is purified, etc.

OK- thank you all for your help! I do LOVE these boards. RCI has some very different rules than Carnival. I understand they want to make profit on their drinks, but it's kinda nit-picky when it also restricts you from bringing non-alcoholic beverages. I'm already paying thousands of dollars for a junior suite, so I guess if I need to I can buck-up and pay for water to take onto ports. I just hate paying $2+ a bottle for WATER. Ugh.

I will be traveling with an 11mo old and sent an email to RCI customer service asking about bringing water, juice, food and formula on board for our little one. I got back the following:

Dear Ms. ****:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Please be advised that you will be able to board the ship with the products you will need for your child.

Ms. Kite, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Sincerely,

Kathy Reese

Customer Service Representative

My suggestion would to be email RCI to see if you can get something similar in writing and bring it and the water with you. Or you could always just take the chance and bring the water, worst case scenario you are out a couple of bucks for a case of water.

At 18 months, your child is ingesting myriad numbers of germs and bacteria per day....once a child can move about on their own, it's up to their immune system to protect them. Bring the bottled water, if you must, but your child is neither benefitting or suffering because of it. However, your pocketbook may suffer! And yes...bottled water is generally bottled from some tap, somewhere. It's less pure than the desalinated water on the ship.

You don't need to buy bottled water for ports. Just bring empty sports bottles and fill them up before you leave the ship.

Better yet - buy a filtered water bottle (Britta, Rubbermaid etc) They cost $10 or less! (My Rubbermaid is good for 100 uses before I have to replace the filter) That is a great investment!

:)

Archived