specialty restaurants reservations?

blue whale

When we pre-book our reservations in a specialty restaurant on line, can we ask to have our reservation tied to that of a fellow passenger who is making a similar reservation for the same venue, day, and time?

It has been a long time since we sailed with Regent. In the past, we booked the restaurants when we boarded and we could sign up then to dine with others.

How do we handle that now?

Blue Whale :)

I think I tried to do this and we each needed the others booking # or you make reservations for 4 and the systems knows there are only 2 on your booking and auto asking the booking # and maybe cabin # (booking # for sure) of the other party .... you have both already booked reservations just have your TA call with both booking #'s and sort it out with Regent!

Happy sailing!

FYI ... I have a similar situation on an upcoming cruise where my brother and his wife are in a concierge class cabin and we are not. Where we were able with booking numbers make reservations for four in the past, now we can not until my husband and I can book restaurant reservations. I'm not too concerned about the dinning situation but the four us would like to go on the same excursions in the same group and if my brother books his excursion before ours chances are that will not happen. I figure the only way around it is for my brother to hold off making his reservations until we can get online. A phone call to Regents verified that this would be the case. It's going to be interesting to see how all this pans out.

As for the dining reservations, you need the name and cabin number of those you are going to dine with.

As far as the excursions go, just go ahead and book what you want and have your friends do the same. Then on the day of the excursion, show up together and you will get in the same group, on the same bus or whatever.

If you want a specific night you will need to book as soon as reservations open up.

I forgot to calendar the booking date and the times I wanted to dine are gone for both Signatures and Prime 7. Hopefully, when I board the ship I can get the reservations changed since the night I want is a special occasion. Of course, food in Compass Rose is so good, it really won't matter.

• 2 weeks later...
How many reservations are we allowed ? We only wish to use signatures.

You are allowed only one on-line reservation for each restaurant. Can't take a Prime 7 reservation that you don't make to get another in Signatures. Once on board, you may be able to get additional Signatures Reservations.

The two restakurants are mutually exclusive. Sorry about that.

We have friends who recently sailed and they made reservations for both restaurants and then traded their Signatures reservation for a Prime 7 reservation with another couple who they met who preferred Signatures to Prime 7. Perhaps that could work for you, too, neviboy.

You are allowed only one on-line reservation for each restaurant. Can't take a Prime 7 reservation that you don't make to get another in Signatures. Once on board, you may be able to get additional Signatures Reservations.

The two restakurants are mutually exclusive. Sorry about that.

Does the restriction of one "online" reservation apply to longer cruises? We're on the Navigator for 24 days, no segments, so it's the same pax for the entire 24 days. Thanks!

Thank you all. I am not staying up until midnight next week to book one restaurant, !!!! Will board at noon and book then.

You can stay up to midnight (Central) if you want absolute first crack at the exact time and date you want for a restaurant -- but you shouldn't feel that if you're not up at midnight, you can't get the reservation you want. Wake up the next morning, go online, and make a reservation for Signatures. If you're not locked into a specific date and time, it's almost certain you'll be able to get a reservation. Then when you begin your cruise, you can try to get a second reservation if you wish.

-- Eric

Archived