Live from the Caribbean Princess

pixiedustdawn

Something to know... In the corner of the living room area by the window, you may hear water trickling down. With the waters the way they are I was concerned and called guest services. I found out that it is a pipe that runs along the ceiling and goes down that wall. So, don't get nervous if you hear the same thing in your cabin. It is the water from a sink or toilet above.

We experienced the same noise on our Emerald cruise in April when we had a down pour in St Thomas. We were on the Dolphin deck so we figured it was a drain from the balcony on Caribe... it's definitely an eerie sound you don't expect to hear on a cruise ship. :)

I certainly don't envy those who are prone to seasickness on your voyage. I do hope the waters calm for you guys soon.

Hey!

You said you were on the Disney Dream...how was it? That looks like an amazing ship and would love to sail on her!

Amazing ship. The bedding was so comfy. When I get home I am going online and buying everything from the mattress right down to the pillows and sheets!! Best sleep I ever got on a cruise.

Disney is a bit pricey, but so worth it!

We experienced the same noise on our Emerald cruise in April when we had a down pour in St Thomas. We were on the Dolphin deck so we figured it was a drain from the balcony on Caribe... it's definitely an eerie sound you don't expect to hear on a cruise ship. :)

I certainly don't envy those who are prone to seasickness on your voyage. I do hope the waters calm for you guys soon.

Never heard a noise like it on a cruise ship before, and yes, very eerie! Glad they sent the plumber, he had an answer right away.

I feel badly for those that are sea sick. :(

pixie, i'm sorry you are going through this.

the wind scares me, i can't imagine how awful it is for you to not even be able to hear each other speak.

i was in some rough seas, but nothing close to what you are going through! i'm so impressed you are able to try and comfort your new best friends! i'm afraid your stalker irene is following you north, but it sounds like she's getting tired.

Don't feel sorry, we are fine and really enjoying ourselves.

The wind and noise can be unnerving at times, but this will be something myself and teenage daughter will always remember and be able to laugh about. It just bonded us a bit more. (Could always use that with a teenager) :D

Up at the pool, I see quite a few people sunning themselves and having a good time. Pool may not be open, but everyone up here is making the best of it. Little disturbances like this in life make people come together. I love it!!

Going to have fun now... be back later. After all we are on a cruise! yay!

Dawn

Hi There

On our last caribbean cruise folks were complaining about the noise,

ships are made of metal etcand they do moan, creek etc, mind you

we had a few good bangs as well, one night we had a list for a few hours,

water can out of the pools, shop and bars had a few things smash.

but this is just part of cruising

like wise a few times deck 7 was closed off

yours Shogun

Pixie I want to thank you for taking the time to report here on what is happening. Also I love your attitude, can I harvest it and use it for future cruises as pixie dust on them to put them in a better mood. People complain over the silliest things, I will just throw some of your pixie dust on them and they will be all smiles and in a great mood and not putting a damper on my trip.

Sounds like it is an adventure - great way to look at it. And just think of the stories you can share later.

Enjoy Halifax and Canada - check out Pier 21 if you haven't been one of my favorite places to visit in Halifax, kind of like Ellis Island.

Vickie

Don't feel sorry, we are fine and really enjoying ourselves.

The wind and noise can be unnerving at times, but this will be something myself and teenage daughter will always remember and be able to laugh about. It just bonded us a bit more. (Could always use that with a teenager) :D

Up at the pool, I see quite a few people sunning themselves and having a good time. Pool may not be open, but everyone up here is making the best of it. Little disturbances like this in life make people come together. I love it!!

Going to have fun now... be back later. After all we are on a cruise! yay!

Dawn

I so love your attitude that we now have a new expression : to look at the positive and bite into life, we will say : Let's take it the Dawn way !

Pixie, Halifax airport was open this morning. Don't know about later on tho. Here in Maine we are now feeling Irene's effect.:(

This storm is so darn wide that quite a bit of Nova Scotia will get some TS type winds and rain. Hopefully she will slow down before getting to that point.:eek:

Thanks for your postings. I would be into my second box of wine by now:D

I wondered about the cruisers getting off the ship yesterday. I thought As for $400 a night for a hotel, I think that was just an anecdotal statement about cost of hotels in NY. Things are expensive in NY .

quote]

Then you don't want to buy your water to carry on board in NYC either. My son took this photo yesterday evening at his local Associated Supermarket in Brooklyn. He asked if it was a typo. They looked at him with a straight face and told him no, that's the price.:eek:

Don't you just love those price gougers.:mad:

ry%3D480

Pixie, thanks for keeping us all updated on your current sailing on the CB. We will be on the CB in Oct. Also that was so nice of you to go check on someone's family for them. People like you are what make cruising so much fun. Have you heard whether anyone will be meeting the ship in Halifax?

Take care and I hope the cruise gets better for you and the rest of the other passengers.

Scott

I was on the NCL Star last year during Tomas. We never got info on it until we were in Dominica when we read about it on the internet. At that time the outer bands were just starting in Dominica. It was on and off rain and the wind was just starting when we left port going to Barbados, which then was getting the brunt of the storm. The ship closed off all outside access and we rode out the storm in our cabin, thankfully we had a little to eat early on, and went to sleep during the rock and rolling and in the morning we arrived in Barbados in the aftermath. So hopeing you have a safe journey and take lots of pictures to remember Irene by.

Thanks for all of your updates as we will be on CB in October and I have been watching for news about the CB and NYC. We cruised this same iten several years ago, everything was perfect and we enjoyed the ports so much. However, last year we were on the Ruby and had a rough day at sea. We usually have a cabin on the dolphin deck but on the Ruby it was too close to the front. However, I was the only one that couldn't sleep.

I am glad I was able to give you good news!! :D

I live in Vancouver in Beautiful British Columbia, and if you are ever this way and need anything, just let me know. I hope the weather calms down soon so that everyone on the ship can enjoy the rest of their cruise.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your well wishes and kind words. You are all so sweet and funny!!

Well, for the most part we are still in somewhat rough waters and everyone on the ship looks like they are drunk. Funny to watch everyone walk.

We are getting ready for formal night. Princess sent the prettiest red roses to the cabin to wear for formal night. We were so excited when we saw them!

All activities are in full swing.

Will be back later...

Archived