RCI Visa card

bingies

If you don't get the results you want from your post - do a search on the topic. We have had many discussions about the card. It is very popular with RCCL cruisers.

I think a couple of folks on here have his and her cards, which would be similar and can answer that question.

We have two but only use one. It's doable but you can not combind points from two cards into one reward like a free cruise. If you just want the min 1% for OBC go for it. Just might want to adjust expenses prior to a cruise to max out using two OBC coupons on one cabin.

BonVoyage

Dawna

We opened an account in my wife's name. She is the primary on the card. We also got a card on her account in my name. Any time either of us charges something, the points go on her account. So, you can combine points from two users if the both cards are assigned to the same account.

A couple years after opening her account, Visa had a special offer for 15,000 bonus points when you open a new account. We then opened an account in my name. I use that card for business expenses. Points earned from this separate account in my name can not be combined with the account in my wife's name.

I just opened up an acct last week and will receive 15,000 bonus pts (I want to cash them in on our next cruise in Feb for $150.00 OBC) I am the primary on the account and didn't add my husband so he could open his own acct, will they give us $300.00 OBC if we opened 2 separate accts?

i just opened up an acct last week and will receive 15,000 bonus pts (i want to cash them in on our next cruise in feb for $150.00 obc) i am the primary on the account and didn't add my husband so he could open his own acct, will they give us $300.00 obc if we opened 2 separate accts?

yes

can you use the obc to pay tips?

yes

CAn you use the OBC to pay tips?

MTD and using OBC to pay tips......

If you choose MTD, before you board, the tips need to be prepaid, therefore you would not be able to use OBC. If you wait until you are on board the ship to change to MTD you would be able to pay with OBC.

I just opened up an acct last week and will receive 15,000 bonus pts (I want to cash them in on our next cruise in Feb for $150.00 OBC) I am the primary on the account and didn't add my husband so he could open his own acct, will they give us $300.00 OBC if we opened 2 separate accts?

Yes. My husband & I have individual accounts & I have applied points from both accounts as OBC. They don't consider that as "combining" points. That restriction seems to come into play for the companion fare &/or free cruises.

Where were you able to find 15000 points all I can find is 10000?

Thanks,

John

Archived