Fall 2011 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns

KandCsailing

I liked the color of Brooke's dress, I like that she isn't pouring out of the top, but I hate the sleeve. David Arquette really did pretty well. I am sooooo glad that Maks is back. I didn't think he was going to be on this season, so I am a happy girl.:D He is sooo much better looking than his brother. Hope may be too much of a jock for the waltz. They are hiding her muscular arems with the flowing sleeves. Ron Artest was a hot mess. Yikes!!! Love to listen to Tristan speak, it's too bad he is with Nancy Grace, but she did do better than I expected.

My bottom three are World Peace Artest, Nancy Grace and Elisabetta. The others are quite interesting, each in their own way.

I agree. All I kept thinking during Ron Artest's dance was "Why didn't they make him wear a shirt!".

Nancy looked like she had her makeup put on with a trowel after seeing her with very little during practice.

I really wanted to like Elisabetta, but she didn't charm me at all with her personality yet.

I'll add Rob Kardashian to the bottom since he's very stiff and I'm sick of the whole family.

Nobody's dresses really stood out for me yet. Brooke's seemed to safe for her.

Derek didn't annoy me last night, but Mark was back to out dancing his partner.

Hi Kerri......just wondering if you would be interested in moving this thread? In the past a DWTS forum has been posted in the Floataway Lounge. I'm not sure how many posters will think to look here but I bow to your opinion since you started this.

Sandy :)

Hi Sandy.

There's been one here for a few seasons also so I just followed the ones that we've had on the fashion board in the past. I don't own the thread, feel free to start another if you really want to, we can have more than one. :)

Kerri

Never knew that previous seasons of DWTS had been discussed in this forum before as I would never have thought to look here. However, there are so many things on CC that I still discover. I'm unlikely to start another in the Lounge but will post here. Since posters comment on gowns too will have to rethink the notes I make in the future. LOL!

Here's my 2 cents worth about last night's program:

I was watching the program on a small tv screen and wasn’t sure if that was the problem but didn’t find the camera work very good and wondered if it was because of the raised stage. The new set didn’t do much for me and it seems cruel to make everyone climb that long set of stairs after their performance when the contestants are still working on getting into shape.

At first I thought that Ron (Peta) was okay with his cha cha but it was the first dance and I really didn’t pay close enough attention but he sure got dumped on by the judges so it must have been poor.

Think Kristen (Mak) just needs to loosen up a bit and if she does could do well.

Thought Chyna’s (Tony) waltz the best routine up to that point as it was quite elegant.

Nancy (Tristan) surprised me with her softer side. Her cha cha wasn’t great but she may have potential. Still not a fan of her’s.

David (Kym) was a little hyper but he seems that way any time I have seen him on a talk show. Did think he was a little heavy footed but still enjoyed his routine. Think he has potential. Thought it was nice that despite their marriage breakdown, Courtney was there for support along with their daughter.

Elizabetta (Val) – found the routine kind of boring.

Hope (Mak) - didn’t care for her routine – tight and not elegant at all.

Carson (Anna) put a smile on my face and hope he sticks around for a very long time. Lots and lots of fun to watch. He was most entertaining but think he still took the dance seriously.

JR’s routine with Karina was lovely and graceful. He will do well and what courage this man has.

Ricki – having Derek as a partner will stand her in good stead. Thought the marks were too low as she was light and beautiful on her feet.

Chaz has a good pairing with Lacey. He was pretty good but the potential is there for injury because of his weight. There have been other heavy performers but they seemed more solid in their physical condition in spite of their weight. I thinking of the young Disney guy. Again he was young while Chaz is much older and has been through a lot mentally and physically so this program will be a challenge. He also has a lot of courage.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nancy is the one to go but hard to know. Sports figures usually still around quite a while or win.

Sandy :)

Artest was hands down the worst dancer, closely followed by Nancy Grace and Rob K. I hope he goes, partly for his attitude but not counting on it because sports stars seem to get a big break from the voters. At least Nancy Grace (I have never seen her on tv, but apparently she is an abrasive-type?) was cheerful and upbeat and not egotistical.

Carson's dance was fun, but, come on, pretty bad as far as the dancing itself was

I thought Chaz was better than I expected, considering his weight and the media uproar and Arquette & Chynna really did well too, as well as the veteran/actor. The rest were not bad for the first night.

Brooke's dress was lovely except for the one-sleeved part--not a fan. I wish she'd quit messing with her face though--way too plastic looking.

LOL, my fav costume has to be Carson with that sequenced lined jacket. So funny when he said he pulled it out of his closet. Actually his dance technique was horrible but for entertainment value he was my favorite, how could not you help but laugh and want to see more.

Brookes dress, minus the sleeve that I did not like, a good look for her. Like Carrie Anne I wish I could of seen it full length. Bite my tounge I even think her interviewing skills are getting more relaxed and better.

Ricki.. I love when the designers find the perfect shade of a color to match hair and skintones. They did a nice job on her hair and make up and the combo of the dress color and make up just lit her up for me, perfect. I also give kudo's to her pro. He has had dancers the past few years and to take a non dancer and get her to do a V waltz like that really showcases his teaching ability. I think we will see Ricki around for a while.

The bad... The cut outs on Karina's dress, bad.... This is a slender sexy lady while the cut out down the center made her look actually heavy thru her center... Cut outs should be diagional not center like this. The rest of the gown, dreamy.

Cheryl, another bad in my opinion... a high collar on a gown is not only very hard to dance in but it chops the line from the neck to the spine, making an already short girl look even more choppy.

Nancy.... why do they insist on putting the heavy girls in sleeveless and lo cut... Put them in a long sleeve nude fabric stoned or something and draping material towards the bust ... I am so much not a Nancy Grace fan outside of the dance world but I do beleive I saw humble in her, which I appreciated. She danced better than I expected. With such a strong fan base I dont think we will see her voted off anytime soon.

Chaz... he said the younger people do much better than the 40 yr olds... What??? How many 40 year olds have there been before him also heavy that have done quite well. Kirstie was in her 60's right? However in the end I think he did a fine performance with obstacles to overcome so good for him.... I myself would like to see him dance again.

Most unimpressed with both of the athletes. Really like the addition of the 2 new male pros.

Volleyball night tonight...PVR is all set in case I don't get home in time.

I was a little surprised that there is an elimination tonight. Before sometimes they would dance two Mondays in a row and then kick someone off, or an I thinking of something else?

I thought the same thing. I kind of remember last year that no one was eliminated in week one.. My husband was thinking last year they had one less pro, but not sure he is right!!

It seems a shame after 90 hours of dance instruction and practice that some one goes home after just one dance though.

Some years they have waited two weeks before eliminating someone. I actually think that is more fair, given the nervousness of the first performance and, in some cases, the almost total ignorance of the voting public as to who the heck is who.

I agree, Ricki's dress was very pretty and she danced well. I wondered if she had some dance experience (not ballroom)--I haven't seen Hairspray for ages, but it is a musical; my remembering is the dancing was supposed to look amaterish, though.

Yeah, and his 40 is 'old' is a little funny. Heavy and out of shape, yes, but once 40 gets to be old, even on Dancing With the Stars, we're in trouble! (ok, full disclosure, I'm 66 and I don't feel old! But I bet I would if I tried that show.)

Archived