Fall 2011 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns

KandCsailing

I think Brooke's dress is awful. and her legs look sooo scrawny. It is an all around bad look. I don't really like CarrieAnne's dress either.

Well between Elizabeta, chaz, and David, I'm really not sure who will go home. David & Chaz were just BAD!!! And Elizabetta did much better, but I don't know if she will get the votes. it will be interesting to see.

I think Brooke's dress is awful. and her legs look sooo scrawny. It is an all around bad look. I don't really like CarrieAnne's dress either.

Well between Elizabeta, chaz, and David, I'm really not sure who will go home. David & Chaz were just BAD!!! And Elizabetta did much better, but I don't know if she will get the votes. it will be interesting to see.

I agree with your assessment on the clothes. FYI, we have sort of an agreement that we don't write anything about the dancers for the results show, so as not to mess things up for the West Coast viewers.

I agree with your assessment on the clothes. FYI, we have sort of an agreement that we don't write anything about the dancers for the results show, so as not to mess things up for the West Coast viewers.
Or beaten up from Tango lessons. We get back about nine and like to winedown while watching the results show.

As to the question of should the star be held accountable for a "wrong" dance the pro has put together.... I would say sure. We know that this is a student/instructor situation and early on the star does not yet have enough knowledge to participate in the routine creation..... But the bottom line is this is partnership dancing and it would just be impossible to judge them seperately. If you are suppose to dance a swing and you come out with a lindy how can the judges honestly judge this...

I think it is equally important for the pro to stay on the show, probably more than even the star. So if they want to take thoes kind of risks then the whole partnership takes the risk.... Perhaps not fair, but how it has to be.

Mark Ballas is about the worst on the show for doing this, he has pushed Len's buttons many a time. Derek has had his moments as well.

Are you still dancing pro/am Smooth? We've got couples in our classes that do that.

A good tongue in cheek review, it even mentions Brooks' dress.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/dancing-with-the-stars-season-13-episode-4/

I actually liked Brooke's dress, especially the color. However, I think it would have looked better on her if she had gone with less spray- on tan:eek:.

JR had the best dance although it did have some Lindy moves in it but none of the dances are ever "pure" to that specific dance:D. I didn't feel Rikki Lake's dance warranted the scores she was given. Chaz did a pretty poor quick step so I thought he would probably go. Nancy Grace surprised me with her quick step but it's just so hard to like her! And I was surprised by how bad David Arquette's jive was! Painful to watch!

Not finding this season too exciting!

Sherri:)

None of the dancers are doing it for me yet, but Chynna Phillips was rocking that beaded and fringed dress.

I have to revise my previous comment. I forgot all about JR. He's doing it for me. :D He's keeping up with his partner really well.

Nancy Grace surprised me with her quick step but it's just so hard to like her!

Nancy looked very awkward to me, like her pro was just pushing her around.

What's really going on with this nipple-gate stuff? Nancy swears her bits did not come out of her dress, but that ABC seemed to go all nutso over this. That's the reason the director put a still photo of the audience, not clapping, on the air. He thought her girly bits came out of the dress at the end, so he censored the end. Nancy said no how no way did her bits come out of the dress, that she was wearing nipple daisies in case something did happen, so that her stuff did not show. She said it was the lining of the dress that showed.

Hi, everyone. I was traveling and watched DWTS in a hotel so I couldn't post. Anyway, I was stunned Nancy Grace survived and I suspect--this is just my suspicion--that voters are keeping her on because they enjoy Tristan and are really voting for him, not Nancy.

Thanks for the explaination of why there were inexpicable shots of a bored-looking audience that was NOT clapping while a sound track played loud applause after Nancy Grace's dance. I just couldn't imagine what was going on.

Yeah, me too on the still audience shot--now I get it--it wasn't a shot from when she was performing but at some other time because of the supposed dress malfunction--which I certainly didn't catch. I thought Nancy's dancing, while not great, wasn't the worst either.

I'm not sure the worst dancer went home, though she wasn't that great, but probably the least liked. I'm not sure why she rubbed me the wrong way.

I liked Nicole's dress better until I saw it full length; it did the difficult job of making her look hippy. Doesn't all the fabric for her dresses look similar this year, only different colors? Kind of metallic/shiny/sequiny/stretchy? Her hair was pretty. Too much tan for me; it looked kind of orange, or maybe it's just my tv.

We finally got to see all of Carrie Ann's dress. Pretty short, but I do think she has lost some weight. I like her in more flowly gowns myself, probably because then maybe I could wear something similar.

Hi , just got a chance to watch both shows, one question what was the bottom of Brookes daress on Monday, I couldn't make it out , I did like the top part. Did not care too much for the dress on Tues. , but at least the girls weren't hanging out .

Also I just do not understand why the dress some of the women in such low cut costumes when these ladies are so well endowed , it is just asking for a malfunction. So far the competition is interesting.

Cori

Really who cares about Nancy's boobs! Why such a big thing over this! I agree with the poster who said that they are dressing the big busted ladies all wrong when there are so many other options.

In the fake tan, you have to be careful with it, too much and it will actually create a green hue. When I compete I do a mystic spray tan one day prior to competition. This weekend some of the tan sweated off onto one of my gowns and I was not happy!! This stuff is very hard to get off of the gowns.

Really who cares about Nancy's boobs! Why such a big thing over this! I agree with the poster who said that they are dressing the big busted ladies all wrong when there are so many other options.

In the fake tan, you have to be careful with it, too much and it will actually create a green hue. When I compete I do a mystic spray tan one day prior to competition. This weekend some of the tan sweated off onto one of my gowns and I was not happy!! This stuff is very hard to get off of the gowns.

smoothdancer: just wondering if you have ever used the wipe on tan stuff, towlettes or the jergens lotion type stuff ? If so does it wipe off on your clothing also ?? I was thinking of trying it . Hope this is not considered hijacking a thread , if so , am sorry.

Cori

Cori, keep in mind what I am doing!!! Competition dance is very physical and you are under tons of lights. Think of it like saying running all out on a treadmill, that is how much you are sweating. In normal day activities the tan staining your clothes is not so much an issue. After my first day of competition I took a long shower and it did not stain my gown the next day.... I was pretty worried about it because the gown I was wearing was snow white.

I have used Jergens before for non dance events and have never had staining problems. I only use mystic tan for competition because it can be quite expensive.

October 3 Brooke is wearing a very low cut black gown with a lot of beading that makes it take on a gray look. The beading goes down about half way on the skirt. It's actually a very pretty gown. Her hair is a straight pony tail pulled over her left shoulder.

From the first looks, I liked Cheryl's emerald green gown, Nancy Grace is in a nice turquoise floaty gown that's much better for her large assets, and Ricki Lake's pink and white gown looks really pretty. It's a nice color on her. Lacey Schwimmer is almost wearing something---a bit too much imho. Does Maks have something against shirts? I know a lot of you love him, but I find him way too egotistical for my liking. Tony is more to my liking, as he seems more real and down to earth.

BTW, it's the Cry Me A River week. Bring on the tissues.

i didn't really like Brooke's dress last night. All the sequins made it look almost rubberish. I do think she is finally at ease on the show, and her interviewing skills have greatly improved.

I love Maks and Tony. I do agree that Maks has a very large ego, but I think he has always been that way. The one that really disappoints me from year to year is Mark. He has really changed, and has become very arrogant. He THINKS he is all that and a bag of chips. Maks KNOWS he is all that. :D

He THINKS he is all that and a bag of chips. Maks KNOWS he is all that. :D

I like that part! :D

Maks is pretty hot I must say. I'd even have him over for a BBQ with my DH around.

I'm sending Nancy home tonight.

I'll put up with Chaz for another week.

I want Carson to stay also because he is just so cute and happy and I love watching Anna dance.

Ricki's dress was lovely, but I'm not as in love with Derek's choreography as the judges. Ricki's hips were stiff and I didn't think they covered enough of the floor. I wanted more of the basic hip-sway steps together, less of the flashy twirls and turns.

Brooke's dress is ok, but all her gowns this year have the same tight, slinky, sequiny look. I'd love to see her in something elegant and flowy.

Many of the dances tonight were quite lovely in their meanings, though a couple of the younger girls didn't seem to have years that were all that memorable, guess that can happen when you are young. Also, memorable doesn't have to mean tragic.

Come on, Chaz is by far the worst dancer, but he probably won't be going home. I loved JR's dance--so beautiful and heartfelt.

The emerald green dress worn by Cheryl was so pretty and with a few modifications, like no see-through skirt--would be so lovely on a cruise. Nancy's gown did a much better job of dressing her body type.

Regarding the costumes...

I too loved the color and the vareity of materials they used on Cheryl's dress. LOL, my next costume I am considering see through panels, so I liked them!! Remember though, it is a costume, not a formal gown for a cruise.

Nancy, finally they dressed her right. They made a gown to accent her body strengths, put her in the right color.

I liked Ricki's costume, yet I prefer draping costumes over tiny skin tight things, especially for a rumba... Such an improvement over last week.

I am not usually moved by the dancers this early on, but I was truly moved by JR. Although Karina's movement was beautiful as normal she let him own that dance, complimented him rather than overpower him with her own technique. What JR did is what takes trained dancers years to do.... Get the technique out of your head, while still using the technique, and dance with emotion from deep down... We have a saying for this...."the voices inside your head" Well he got rid of the voices inside of his head telling him what to do and instead danced with wonderful emotion. This coming from an untrained dancer or actor was stunning. It moved me to tears.

My choice on who should go home... Either Chaz or Hope.

I liked the see-through panels for a dancing dress too--but I'm not going to be wearing them on a cruise!

Surprised at who went home, but not too surprised; they may not have a big fan base and to me seemed a little shallow and possibly have vanity issues.

Brooke's dress tonight was fine, another tight beaded dress. I thought the length looked great on her and I like the more delicate heels.

Loved the twist segment and the surprise of Chubby Checker. Now, there's a dance I can do! (my age is showing) So much fun.

Len was really hacked off by who was in the bottom two. He basically said it was a travesty that either of them was being voted off, and expected both of them to have been fighting in the finals Personally, I'm getting really tired of groups voting to keep bad dancers on, to the detriment of talented dancers. There are two really weak dancers who keep getting a pass, when in all fairness they should have been gone the first or second week.

Len was really hacked off by who was in the bottom two. He basically said it was a travesty that either of them was being voted off, and expected both of them to have been fighting in the finals Personally, I'm getting really tired of groups voting to keep bad dancers on, to the detriment of talented dancers. There are two really weak dancers who keep getting a pass, when in all fairness they should have been gone the first or second week.

I agree completely--it's more about personality and fan base than dancing ability sometimes.

Hi all!

Well it's happening again! Poor dancers going through based on something other than dancing ability. Maybe the audience wants to see Cher before getting rid of Chaz.:rolleyes:

I really liked Cheryl's emerald green dress too.:D

See you next time!

~ Jo ~ :)

Archived