Liberty pool deck question

Bibble

I was looking at pics of the Liberty pool deck, to help a friend make some decisions, etc. (I've been on the Liberty before).

In some pictures, there are two hottubs at the end of the main pool. In some pictures, it's just pool deck, and a long bench. (I'm talking about the pool that is below the big jumbo screen)

Last September, it was pool deck, no hot tubs there.

Were they taken out before last September, or have they been put in SINCE last September?

Even my Carnival ShipMate app shows the hottubs.

This isn't really important, but mainly curiosity.

So anyone who's been on the Liberty recently, if you could tell me, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

I was looking at pics of the Liberty pool deck, to help a friend make some decisions, etc. (I've been on the Liberty before).

In some pictures, there are two hottubs at the end of the main pool. In some pictures, it's just pool deck, and a long bench. (I'm talking about the pool that is below the big jumbo screen)

Last September, it was pool deck, no hot tubs there.

Were they taken out before last September, or have they been put in SINCE last September?

Even my Carnival ShipMate app shows the hottubs.

This isn't really important, but mainly curiosity.

So anyone who's been on the Liberty recently, if you could tell me, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

You're looking at the two different pools, me thinks.

I thought maybe two different pools, but this is what I remember it being:

Carnival-Liberty-Pool-2-300x225.jpg

And this is another picture, still Liberty, and how the ShipMate deck plan currently shows:

liberty026.jpg

I'm thinking that maybe they took them out. But I'd love to hear from someone who had been on the Liberty a few years ago, Maybe??

I would think maybe the pictures were named wrong, but the first pic is what I KNOW it looked like in September 2010, whereas the deck plan shows hot tubs...

there is a pool in the aft (that is the senerity area now-- that also has two hot tubs.

I still don't get how they are calling that area 'serenity'...the pizza and grill places are right there still right? Ah, I'm on in a couple weeks and will check it out:)

And this is another picture, still Liberty, and how the ShipMate deck plan currently shows:

liberty026.jpg

I'm thinking that maybe they took them out. But I'd love to hear from someone who had been on the Liberty a few years ago, Maybe??

I would think maybe the pictures were named wrong, but the first pic is what I KNOW it looked like in September 2010, whereas the deck plan shows hot tubs...

This is Carnival's CURRENT description of the Tivoli pool area on the Lido Deck:

Name: Tivoli Pool Area

Hours: Swimming pool: 8:00am-10:00pm

Whirlpools: 8:00am-11:00pm

Weather conditions permitting

Function: Swimming Pool / 2 Whirlpools

• Salt water pool: 30' x 16' / depth 4'6"
  • For Policies: Shipboard Knowledge / Youth Programs

Function: 2 Lido Bars

• beverage service

Function: Stage

• live music; audience participation games

Function: Outdoor Food Service Area

• breakfast-lunch, served daily

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/LI_ShipFeatures_PublicAreas.htm\

Hot tubs!

:)

OK, now you all have me scratching my head. I have been on the Liberty 4 times the most recent in April. There is a small pool at the base of the slides and another (I think at least) on the other side (closer in your picture) of the hot tubs. I think.....

Mach: I know the description, but one year ago, the hot tubs were not there, and the only pictures that show hot tubs do look rather dated... I'm thinking they took them out, and haven't updated any information on them. But I'm still hoping someone can confirm to me that they're not there NOW.

Jimbo: I know there is a pool in the back, and there is a pool up by the end of the water slide. I'm talking strictly about the Tivoli pool in the "party" area of the Lido deck, under the big jumbo tron.

Again, strictly curiosity! LOL! (I'm cruise-dreaming today)

liberty026.jpg

It looked like this when I was on there a couple of months ago. It was the same when I was on it 5 yrs ago. Both pics are on the same deck just a different angle. The whirlpools are behind the pool (I want to say aft...not sure) I believe the pic was taken standing between the pool and the whirlpools. The area where the whirlpools are is elevated by about 6 steps higher than the pool.

Mach: I know the description, but one year ago, the hot tubs were not there, and the only pictures that show hot tubs do look rather dated... I'm thinking they took them out, and haven't updated any information on them. But I'm still hoping someone can confirm to me that they're not there NOW.

Jimbo: I know there is a pool in the back, and there is a pool up by the end of the water slide. I'm talking strictly about the Tivoli pool in the "party" area of the Lido deck, under the big jumbo tron.

Again, strictly curiosity! LOL! (I'm cruise-dreaming today)

OK... I've found pictures from 2009 on Google that show a pool and hot tubs. The Liberty's last dry dock was 2008, next one is October. I don't think they tore those guys out during a cruise so I suspect they're still there...

:)

The hot tubs used to be beside the pool (similar to the Valor set up) but the last time we were on the Liberty (July 2010) they were on either side of the stadium seating closest to the slide. I think the Liberty may have had them moved there on their last dry dock?

I still don't get how they are calling that area 'serenity'...the pizza and grill places are right there still right? Ah, I'm on in a couple weeks and will check it out:)

I don't think they are calling it the serenity area. The Liberty doesn't have a serenity area. (yet)

I think it's the angle of the shot. Here are my Liberty pool pictures:

2998039010097872471S600x600Q85.jpg

2675574650097872471S600x600Q85.jpg

2974602880097872471S600x600Q85.jpg

Terre: Now I'm totally confused, because I cannot see how those first two pics are at the same cruise, They are both definitely the main pool (Tivoli) on the Lido deck where the deck party is held. BUT, one has striped chairs, one has solid chairs.

Then I looked at your video of the deck party (Cupid Shuffle), and there's no hot tubs there.

The third pic, I believe is the aft pool (Versailles Pool), if you look at the roof area, it's different.

But I cannot understand at all (yes, I'm pulling my hair out because what I thought would be simple is QUITE confusing! LOL!) how those top two pics are the same pool, and theoretically on the same cruise.

I looked through your cruise pics, and can only find pics of the Tivoli pool with solid blue chairs.

I guess I just need to go again!!!! LOL!

I'm also noticing that the pics where the hot tubs are there (the ones that are definitely the main Tivoli pool), the chairs are striped, whereas when the hot tubs aren't there (but still definitely main Tivoli pool - you can tell by the jumbotron screen and also the view of the slide), the chairs are solid blue.

I'm really thinking the hot tubs WERE there, got moved, but the description and deck plan didn't get changed...

(yes, this is driving me nuts! LOL!)

On a roll call thread (asking someone for a current pic) I just equated myself to the rodent in Ice Age who can't give up on the acorn. I think it's time for a three day weekend...

liberty026.jpg

Pool was there last April

When I look at the cruisedeckplans website, it shows 2 pools on the Lido deck and they both have hot tubs, then I look at the pool by the slide and it shows one hot tub. Not sure if this is accurate or not.

That's my whole debate. The main pool and aft pool (tivoli & versaille) SHOW two hot tubs each right on the pool decking, but my debate is that the Tivoli pool no longer has those.

The pool slide (coney island pool) does have one hot tub.

You know, it's been a few years since we sailed the Liberty, now I can't remember if it has two pools or not...I'm thinking so and now I'm confused by my own pictures!

We sailed on the Liberty twice and I think my shots may be from each cruise, I can't remember now if I got them from one album or both...sorry to confuse the issue more.

Only one way to solve this mystery -- let's book the Liberty and find out.:D

Okay, went back and looked at my albums...the one with the striped chairs is from our 2008 cruise and the other two are from our 2009 cruise. Hope this helps a little.

That's perfect!!! Because HostMach said it went into drydock in 2008, so this all makes sense now. Phhhhewwww! Thanks for indulging me everyone. It was silly, but driving me nuts. So basically the deck plans have not been updated since the drydock to reflect the change of location of the hot tubs.

Thank you all!

Archived