Joanie's Alaskan Adventure 2011 has begun:)

IRL_Joanie

Joanie, So glad you got it all worked out. What stress though-just what you didn't need before your cruise. Our weather here in Vancouver is lovely and I am sure it will hold. Too bad we are leaving tomorrow for New York and our cruise aboard the Eurodam-would have loved to meet you when you were in Vancouver. Have a great cruise!

Have a great time Joanie!:)

Sounds like the ship doctors may be getting requests from UA passengers for the doctor statements UA is requiring.

It does seem like the ship doctors could do this for you. Not sure if this was considered by Joanie or not. I did not see her other thread. I was busy getting ready for a big party and not following CC as closely as usual. Just glad it worked out for her.

Joanie,

You'll be on highway 99 most of the way from the Border to Vancouver, and it's either 100K or 90K for most of it. 100K is about 55MPH.

You'll have border wait times posted just south of Blaine, so that you can choose between the Peace Arch crossing or the Blaine/Truck crossing (about 1 mile east), depending on which has the shortest time.

Have a great cruise!

Joanie,

You state that you will be in your HAL booked hotel at Canada Place.

Is HAL "giving" you a hotel night i.e. HAL pays for the hotel room?

Bon Voyage.

Yes HAL is giving (included with Suite price) us the Fairmont Waterfront in Vancouver for the night before the cruise. But I believe we asked them to book us into a hotel and we have paid (via HAL) for the same hotel for the night we return. Thought we were booked into the Pan Pacific, but discovered last week they re-booked us into the Fairmont Waterfront again. Life is good and I am happy:)

Joanie

Just finished a week on Zuiderdam last Saturday.

Excellent cruise (our first time with HAL previous cruises Fred Olsen and P&O) and this was just as good which came as a surprise.

Saw loads of whales on trip from Juneau, Sled Dogs at Skagway and FloatPlane plus bears from Ketchikan.

Have a great time.

Hey Joanie. Are you building the Sheepledam II? Have a great cruise.

LOL, No way am I even gonna try my hand at ship building. I cannot even fold a piece of paper straight:eek: Can yo imagine me trying to produce a ship??:eek::eek::eek:

Joanie

Yes HAL is giving (included with Suite price) us the Fairmont Waterfront in Vancouver for the night before the cruise. But I believe we asked them to book us into a hotel and we have paid (via HAL) for the same hotel for the night we return. Thought we were booked into the Pan Pacific, but discovered last week they re-booked us into the Fairmont Waterfront again. Life is good and I am happy:)

Joanie

Thank you for your response.

I had not seen mention on CC of HAL doing so, this year.

We stayed 3 nights at the Pan Pacific last year, HAL paid for the night before embarkation. It was interesting to look down onto the ship from our room on embarkation morning.

Vancouver is a beautiful city.

Have an absolutely fabulous cruise.

Hey! How do you guys get HAL to comp the hotel? Is it booking through HAL?

If so, my travel agent better start giving us a better discount!

Hey Sue!!

The pre cruise hotel stay is from what I understand part of the Deluxe Suite package that we booked directly with HAL. There are only a couple of US cities that I know of where they do this, Seattle and Vancouver. I know in Fort Lauderdale they do not. It also includes transfer from airport to hotel and hotel to the ship (walking transfer hotel to ship in Vancouver.)

The post hotel we paid for:)

I know you are in a Deluxe Suite also, so think ya needs to talk with your TA and find out why she/he did not get you this same benefit.....

See you in about 9 days my friend!!

Joanie

Wednesday 7 September 2011: The day before we leave!!

First I need to make a small correction. Our Car rental in Seattle is Hertz not Alamo as I'd said previously.... Hubby said Alamo One Way with International Drop Off Fees and Taxes was nearly $450.00 US$. For that outrageous price I could have rented a Limo to take us there!! (I know I called a couple of the Limo companies recommended by you, my fellow CC members and their prices were $456.00 each way, per car not per person)

Also to be noted is that I saw my Primary Care Physician Tuesday morning, 6 September 2011 with Southwest Airlines Format/Form in hand along with his now 18 month old Signed and Dated Original form letter stating I know how to use the POC and .. blah.. blah.. blah.., and was out of his office in less than 20 minutes:) He mentioned that in the last few weeks he has had several of his oxygen patients needing him like this and even 2 patients who have had to bring in relatives from out of town who needed the United Airlines requirement to be met. So, it was/is not just me!! But good to go now for 1 year with Southwest Airlines:)

Next post will be from Vancouver on Friday 9 September 2011:)

Joanie

You know Vancouver is in Canada right, LOL :rolleyes:.

Have a great trip! I look forward to your reports.

Cheers,

Deb

Duh......... Blond moment:( You are right I should have said "There are only 2 cities that I am aware of personally, Seattle and Vancouver." and not said US cities.... I am so excited to finally have tomorrow so close that I am thinking even less straight than my normal 1/2 strength:D

Joanie

Duh......... Blond moment:( You are right I should have said "There are only 2 cities that I am aware of personally, Seattle and Vancouver." and not said US cities.... I am so excited to finally have tomorrow so close that I am thinking even less straight than my normal 1/2 strength:D

Joanie

Our weather is spectacular at the moment and for the week to come so you will see Vancouver at its loveliest. As you sail north however, there is rain in the coastal areas of northern BC. But sailaway will be perfect.

Archived