Some new menu items!

39august

Just back from Freedom last week. The first night, both formal nights and last night wre the same menus we've seen for years. However, on Tues and Wed there were new menu items in the MDR. Some were: Tues.-Harira soup, ( Moroccan), Green gazpacho; Conchiglioni pasta-filled with ricotta and spinach served over marinara sauce with pesto drizzle: Shrimp Gyoza-pan fried dumplings with ponzu sauce; Beef Stroganoff. Wed.- Chicken and cabbage dumplings; Seafood Laska-Mayalsian fish soup; Lasagna Al Forno- baked and topped with a cream sauce---yummy!--Asian fried tofu with vegatables in red curry sauce; Surf and Turf-grilled shoulder filet and garlic shrimp.Two new deserts: banana cream pie made with Kaluha chocolate custard with bananas and Coconut creme brulee---also yummy. I think the new Chops menu has been posted, but I must comment that the goat cheese souffle is great!

Just back from Freedom last week. The first night, both formal nights and last night wre the same menus we've seen for years. However, on Tues and Wed there were new menu items in the MDR. Some were: Tues.-Harira soup, ( Moroccan), Green gazpacho; Conchiglioni pasta-filled with ricotta and spinach served over marinara sauce with pesto drizzle: Shrimp Gyoza-pan fried dumplings with ponzu sauce; Beef Stroganoff. Wed.- Chicken and cabbage dumplings; Seafood Laska-Mayalsian fish soup; Lasagna Al Forno- baked and topped with a cream sauce---yummy!--Asian fried tofu with vegatables in red curry sauce; Surf and Turf-grilled shoulder filet and garlic shrimp.Two new deserts: banana cream pie made with Kaluha chocolate custard with bananas and Coconut creme brulee---also yummy. I think the new Chops menu has been posted, but I must comment that the goat cheese souffle is great!

I did a search and didn't find a new Chops menu wih goat cheese souffle. Do you by any chance have a copy of the new menu? Thanks for the info.

I dined in the specialty restaurants three evenings so I missed all those new items but as far as the pasta dishes there was always one pasta dish offered as main entree and you can ask for it as an appetizer also, my honey got the gnocchi as an appetizer it was delicious.

On Allure, I had both dumplings, and they were delicious!!! For the surf and Turf, I asked for just the shrimp and they gave me a double portion - it was wonderful! On the flip side, my daughter ordered the Conchiglioni and thought it was very dry and lacking in flavor.

How "new" is it?? That's the same menu offerings we had in July :confused:

Certainly new for me.....will be a year between cruises come November.... the descriptions alone are mouth watering..... I do hope I don't miss any of the new items eating elsewhere!!

ah! ;) well...if it's a year between, then yes...I can understand that... Have fun!

On the Allure in June, it was that menu also.

For the pasta lover: you can get pasta ANY night with about any toppings (marinara, alfredo, garlic butter) and one night I was given scallops in angel hair pasta with a garlic lime butter - and it was delicious. Just ask the night before.

Do what I did take one in October too!;)

LOL..In my dreams. Right now I still have this thing called 'work' which limits my time away...oh..and I also have this kid :D who is in college which limits my funds. But some day...oh some day I will take multiple cruises in a year < SIGH > ...

Wow, that sounds so much better than the stupid "DIDJA" menu Carnival put out. Hey, you can have Alligator fritters and frog legs, yum (not).

I had a taste of my husband's alligator sandwich (on vacation) back in '09. Tasted like pork chop. Was weird...thot it would taste like frog legs..which taste like chicken. Wasn't bad tho...

That is Beef Stroganoff? Sure does not look like any I have ever had.

Yes...that is the beef stroganoff. I take pictures of the menu so I can remember what the food we order is. When I was writing my review, I wasn't sure if that's what he ordered and asked him. He said 'yep'....so, I know that IS it.

Yes...that is the beef stroganoff. I take pictures of the menu so I can remember what the food we order is. When I was writing my review, I wasn't sure if that's what he ordered and asked him. He said 'yep'....so, I know that IS it.

If they say it is then it is. I am used to seeing it look more like this. I guess there are many variations of the dish.

beef.jpg.537288dcb9802c46e564649e18ed9b73.jpg

Archived