Which would you chose?

pbutts29

Trying to decide between Freedom of the Seas or Carnival Dream for a cruise with wife and sons 17 and 14. Freedom is quite abit more $$, but cant figure if the teens will have that much more fun on freedom as compared to the $1,440 price difference. Any and all opinions would would be appreciated. BTW cruise is high School grad gift for the 17 y.o..thanks:)

WOW wish you were my dad :D I guess if you are paying do some research and see if what you are getting is worth 1440 to you, or if you are feeling that generous, don't worry just be happy and spend it after all you only graduate once :D

I can only tell you what my son, age 15, said on a carnival cruise and a royal carribean cruise. He was really board with carnivals teen lounge. most of the kids didnt even hang out there . They went to the jogging track or the arcade to hang. 10 months later we did royal and he was in the teen lounge every free minute we gave him. He even asked if we could just live on the boat. is this worth 1400 $? that is up to you to decide. Who knows if you watch the prices you may get a price drop. We booked another royal for this thanksgiving and the price dropped a total of 190$ before final payment . maybe you will get that lucky.

PS. DS got hurt on the carnival cruise the 2nd to last day we were there. The medical care was horrible. Totally incompetent. I will never go on another carnival cruise. I figured out why they were cheaper- Idiots cost less that professionals.

I had the same decision to make between Carnival Dream and Freedom of the Seas for our family vacation next June. I booked us on Freedom because we all agreed that RC would be a better choice. My last Carnival cruise left lots to be desired. Ship was very crowded, loud announcements all the time, commotion everywhere, don't want that again.

We have not been on a Carnival cruise in years, but I do know that once we cruised on Royal we said we would never go back to Carnival. Not to say they don't have a great product and a lot to offer, and many absolutely love them. But Royal has won our loyalty for now. My oldest DS was 16 when we sailed on Freedom and 17 when we sailed on Oasis, we only saw him for shore excursions, dinner, and watching him on the FlowRider. Freedom is such an amazing ship with so much to do. We loved the more upscale feeling on Royal and just the overall feel and service from the staff. My vote goes for Freedom, but again I have not sailed on the Dream so I am biased.

I am sure you will have a fabulous cruise no matter which you choose.

Archived