3rd Wheel in a Cabin?

Decebal

I am looking at a 10 day voyage on the Equinox. I will be the 3rd wheel in the cabin, (with a balcony) and will crash on the couch (lucky me!:D). Has anyone had the pleasure of the couch and how was it? I do have experience couch surfing on cruises, but the couch they have in the pictures looks like leather and HARD!!

Also, I am on a low salt diet, and was wondering if the food on board is not too salty. I would like to eat more than fruit and sald on the trip. :) Thanks for your help and advice.

Just let Celebrity know that you are on a low salt diet and they will prepare your food accordingly. They have special sections in the galley for the preparation of a variety of special meals. The Executive Chef is usually available to discuss your needs with you.

The couch is a little hard in my opinion, but it's tolerable with the egg crate topper they put on it.

Please keep in mind, that the picture above is of a room that is labeled for 4 or 5 people. The regular 3 person room does not have such a trundle bed. The 3rd bed is actually the top of the couch where you sit.

Also, I am on a low salt diet, and was wondering if the food on board is not too salty. I would like to eat more than fruit and sald on the trip. :) Thanks for your help and advice.

Celebrity has a great reputation for accomodating dietary needs. If you'd like, you can contact the Special Needs department prior to your trip. Otherwise, just talk to your waiter. You might really like the Aqua Spa Cafe - open only for breakfast and lunch. On the Equinox it is located in the Solarium.

(Aqua Spa Cafe is available to everyone at no extra cost. It is dinner in Blu that is for Aqua Class passengers only)

Sara

Sara

If you are on a low salt diet you really need to have a serious discussion with the dining room staff (and possibly the chef). Cruise ships tend to use too much salt on everything..and many have the swollen ankles to prove the point.

Hank

If your budget will allow, stick to bottled water. The tap water is much higher in sodium than onshore. If their prices are too high, you can pick up the large bottles in ports. It makes a difference in whether my ring fits my finger!

Andrew

You can bring your own case of bottled water (or other non-alcholic beverages) when you board. Recommend reinforcing the packing with duct tape and slapping one of your luggage tags on it.

Sara

Archived