Infants and bottles

Butterflower

The hot tap water IS HOT...it will take the chill off the bottle. Tap water is fine...purer than bottled water. At 9 mons., sterilizing shouldn't be much of a factor, since toddlers are wiggling around, touching things, putting stuff in their mouths....no longer any need to have sterile items!!!

I'd gradually taper down on warming the bottle so that the baby is used to cold milk by cruise time. Just one less thing to bother with, which is important when traveling with a baby.

My pediatrician, oh so many years ago, actually encouraged me not to warm bottles, saying it wasn't necessary and was done mostly because it made Moms feel better. Both kids got along just fine without warmed bottles.

But, ask your own dr. if you aren't sure.

We just used used room temp water and powdered formula for our kids when they were that age. You can also go to the lido deck and use the hot water tap next to the fountain drinks. Use the one for making hot tea it will be plenty warm. At 9 months though your baby wont require hot bottles.That is an old wives tail. Babies stomach's cannot tell the difference between hot and cold so it is not easier to digest as what was once thought. It is just a matter of preference. All hospitals only use room temp formula for the babies. Good luck you should be fine. They also make small portable bottle warmers you could check a nearby consignment shop.

The hot tap water IS HOT...it will take the chill off the bottle. Tap water is fine...purer than bottled water. At 9 mons., sterilizing shouldn't be much of a factor, since toddlers are wiggling around, touching things, putting stuff in their mouths....no longer any need to have sterile items!!!

According to my pediatrician, no bottles need to be sterililzed, even for newborns. Once you touch the bottle, it's no longer sterile.

I found powdered formula to be easiest. Just get the tap to the right temperature (I served my kids room temperature bottles), and mix.

Archived