Thank you, Upgrade Fairy!!!!

dorothyh

We are sailing tomorrow on Explorer to Bermuda for 5 nights and I noticed that I got a Booking Confirmation today from RCCL.

I thought it was just a recap of my excursions, etc. and when I went to print it out tonight, I noticed that my cabin number was different....my junior suite is now an OWNER'S SUITE!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I am pinching myself - THANK YOU UPGRADE FAIRY!!!!! :D

We are sailing tomorrow on Explorer to Bermuda for 5 nights and I noticed that I got a Booking Confirmation today from RCCL.

I thought it was just a recap of my excursions, etc. and when I went to print it out tonight, I noticed that my cabin number was different....my junior suite is now an OWNER'S SUITE!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I am pinching myself - THANK YOU UPGRADE FAIRY!!!!! :D

Curious. How many cruises on RCCL have you taken???????

That's fabulous news. This would make sense with what was explained to us on the Oasis last year regarding upgrades. I'm so happy for you!

What does it REALLY matter how many cruises the OP has been on? Seriously....that question gets so old. Just be happy for them for goodness sake.

Dorothyh, enjoy your suite and tell us all about it when you get back! :D

we are sailing tomorrow on explorer to bermuda for 5 nights and i noticed that i got a booking confirmation today from rccl.

I thought it was just a recap of my excursions, etc. And when i went to print it out tonight, i noticed that my cabin number was different....my junior suite is now an owner's suite!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I am pinching myself - thank you upgrade fairy!!!!! :d

good for you!

have a wonderful time!

We just got our first visit from the upgrade fairy after 10 years of cruising on RCL! Soooooo excited! We were upgraded from a JS on Oasis to a Crown Loft Suite. I have worn out the internet searching for photos/videos of crown loft suites. I'll be sure to post ours when we return. Just one week from today we'll be on our way to Ft. Lauderdale. Congrats to all who have been visited by the elusive upgrade fairy and good luck to those who are still waiting!

[quote name=Esmerelda;30533339....

What does it REALLY matter how many cruises the OP has been on? Seriously....that question gets so old. Just be happy for them for goodness sake.

Well' date=' THIS enquiring mind also WANTS TO KNOW. Why? Because the C&A Benefits say that if an upgrade is available at time of sailing, it goes to the member as a benefit. I would like to know if that benefit is actually being utilized. I haven't heard anyone say that they actually got one of those C&A upgrades.

Here is what it says on the RCI site:

Priority Access on stateroom upgrades (if available)19

As you know, we always sail full, so there are very few upgrade opportunities, but when we can, we want to give you, our valued Crown & Anchor® Society members, first priority on stateroom upgrades if they become available.

SO...if upgrades are available, and being given out, it would be nice to know if the recipient is a C&A member & of what tier level. I would GUESS that they are a member, but I don't really know that, do I? I would also GUESS that they booked at least 6 months in advance & were probably D+. Maybe not. Do I ever have a chance of obtaining one based upon the experience of others? How will I know what that experience is if I don't ask?

Happy for them? Of course. Would like more info, tho. And won't get it if we don't ask.

Well, THIS enquiring mind also WANTS TO KNOW. Why? Because the C&A Benefits say that if an upgrade is available at time of sailing, it goes to the member as a benefit. I would like to know if that benefit is actually being utilized. I haven't heard anyone say that they actually got one of those C&A upgrades.

As you know, we always sail full, so there are very few upgrade opportunities, but when we can, we want to give you, our valued Crown & Anchor® Society members, first priority on stateroom upgrades if they become available.

SO...if upgrades are available, and being given out, it would be nice to know if the recipient is a C&A member & of what tier level. I would GUESS that they are a member, but I don't really know that, do I? I would also GUESS that they booked at least 6 months in advance & were probably D+. Maybe not. Do I ever have a chance of obtaining one based upon the experience of others? How will I know what that experience is if I don't ask?

Happy for them? Of course. Would like more info, tho. And won't get it if we don't ask.

From the signature in the OP post it looks like they only have 4 prior cruises with Royal, very little chance they a Diamond Plus Crown and Anchor Member.

Jimbo:)

Remember, not all upgrades are C&A upgrades! On some sailings, NO rooms are released to C&A for upgrades. RC may have had a wait list for Jr Suites, or possibly the OP was in a JS with a connecting cabin and somebody booking two last minute JS wanted her cabin because of the connecting door.

Many of us don't like cabins with connecting doors, but we've met people on 4 different cruises who were upgraded for that very reason - somebody needed that connecting cabin.

Well, THIS enquiring mind also WANTS TO KNOW. Why? Because the C&A Benefits say that if an upgrade is available at time of sailing, it goes to the member as a benefit. I would like to know if that benefit is actually being utilized. I haven't heard anyone say that they actually got one of those C&A upgrades.

That is exactly my question.

Archived