Milestone after new "platinum" changes

agc291

I know information is slowly being release but does anyone know what will happen to the milestone benefits after these new changes kick in? I am WAY FAR off from the 25% off type offer but didnt know if this would continue.

No one knows... the 'format' for the new loyalty program was released along with a survey about the proposed names for the steps in the loyalty program but even that now seems subject to change.

The gent in charge of the program says that no one will lose out... sooooo... we're back to wait n' see...

:)

There are no Gold benefits.. If they stick with the days as have been posted people will be Gold waaaay longer. I think thats the point at Gold you get nada and you stay there longer. When you hit what looks like the "Platinum" level your there from 75 to 224 night (which is BS in my opinion) again creating a looong wait to get to the next tier. They are speculating the new program will start mid 2012. I'd be trying to get the current platinum before that happens.. as they are saying you will be grandfathered into it.

:D

Right now this is the program:

Gold Member

Exclusive past guest offers

Special Gold Sail & Sign card

Invitation to special cocktail reception (5 day or longer cruise)

Platinum Member

All Gold member benefits

Carnival Platinum benefits* including:

Personalized stationery

A special Carnival logo item

Guaranteed dining times and steakhouse reservations

Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack or slots tournament**

Spa Carnival priority reservations

Petit fours and/or canapés delivered to cabin*** one evening

Complimentary wash and fold laundry service

Priority tender boarding

Priority embarkation and debarkation

Complimentary arcade tokens valued at $5 dollars for guests under

18 years of age Platinum Member -

Milestone

Sail and celebrate your Carnival “milestone” with our exciting new guest recognition program. Past guests who sail on a “milestone” 25th, 50th and 75th “Fun Ship” cruise will receive shipboard credit representing 25 percent, 50 percent, or 75 percent of their cruise fare, respectively, for that particular voyage. And, for your 100th earn a complimentary Caribbean, Mexican Riviera or Alaskan voyage up to eight days in length. These “milestone” cruise benefits are in addition to the other amenities and privileges of being a “Platinum” cardholder.

For more information call toll-free, 1-877-CCL-VIPS (1-877-225-8477). Shipboard credits and free cruises received for “milestone” cruises are non-transferable and non-refundable. Certain other restrictions apply.

*Benefits subject to change

**Must be at least 18 years of age

*** Must be on a 7 Day or longer cruise

When they state you will not lose anything, does that pertain only to platinum cruisers? Will gold cruisers lose their benefits?

I think what they mean is people who have already attained a level, will not have to go back.

For instance.

The new "platinum" level appears to be 75 days sailed.

After my Legend cruise next week I will have....

2 seven day cruises

1 six day cruise

2 five day cruises

4 four day cruises

For a total of 46 days sailed......

I will probably be taking a four day cruise in january.......

Which will give me "platinum" status with 50 days sailed.

Now if they rolled out the new program in February and did not grandfather in those who had attained "platinum", I would need 25 more days sailed to again, re-attain "platinum" status.

Same goes for people nearing milestone...

Somebody could take 25 three day cruises and get "milestone" with only 75 days sailed. (which would barely get them "platinum" under the new system.)

If they were not grandfathered in, they would need another 150 days sailed, to again get their "milestone" status.

I'm sure they will announce, months in advance (just like they did with the upcoming cabin smoking policy changes) when the new levels will begin.

Anybody who sails by that date and attains "platinum" or "milestone" will get grandfathered in.

Anybody who sails on any cruise after that date, and then attains the old system's level, will probably be SOL..........

So for people who are getting close and do care about their "status", there will be a mad scramble for quickie bookings before the changes take place.

Bill

I haven't actually seen their announcement. Can someone post it?

I think I need to take a couple of cruises soon if that is the case.

There hasn't been an "announcement"

Last weekend, quite a few boardmembers got an e-mail from Carnival, which asked for them to vote on 3 different ideas for new sign and sail cards and new names for gold, platinum and Milestone.

At the bottom it showed the new levels that they are apparently thinking of, for the new days sailed model versus overall cruises model they have been using.

Just look for a thread by Host mach about this...

He had pictures of the actual e-mail in his post, which showed the new levels they have apparently been thinking about.

Bill

Looks like whatever your status is the day they start the new program is what you will be. If you are short cruises with the old system thats where you will fall. Can't see them adding cruises or days to people that are not already platinum or milestone. They will keep there status of whatever they are and fall into the new system. If your only short a couble cruises for platinum or milestone , better move it and get those cruises in if it means alot to you. Not going to make everybody happy when it changes. Whats new.

Looks like whatever your status is the day they start the new program is what you will be. If you are short cruises with the old system thats where you will fall. Can't see them adding cruises or days to people that are not already platinum or milestone. They will keep there status of whatever they are and fall into the new system. If your only short a couble cruises for platinum or milestone , better move it and get those cruises in if it means alot to you. Not going to make everybody happy when it changes. Whats new.

to this announcement. From what I have read (JH FB page) they may do some reconsidering after the tons of comments from "almost" milestone people. There has been more people upset by that than the card designs LOL!;)

There has been no announcement and who knows when the changes will be implemented. I received a survey about loyalty benefits very early this year about what kinds of things were most important. We also received this last survey a week ago. Still nothing has been said what you get at each of the new proposed tiers. After November we will have completed 27 cruises and will have 196 cruise days so we will be 29 days short of the top tier. I don't know if there is a correlation between Platinum and Milestone and whatever the new tiers are so I don't know how people can get grandfathered in. We'll probably take a 3 day cruise in December but will still need 26 days to get to the top tier. We should make that next year but we could be a few days short if this is implemented by mid year.

It will be interesting to see what really happens.

I'm a little fraked out - we're about to take number 9 and have numbers 10, 11, and 12 booked for next year, and just when I'm about to make Platinum status, they're going to change everything. Not sure I'm thrilled. :mad:

Relax....along as you take number 10 before the official start date of the new program, you will be grandfathered in.

I don't know if there is a correlation between Platinum and Milestone and whatever the new tiers are so I don't know how people can get grandfathered in.

The correlation is that the current platinum would be equivalent to the proposed 75-224 level and the current milestone would be equivalent to the 225+ level.

If someone has only 11 cruises and 65 nights when the program kicks in, even though they are short of the 75 nights, because they already had achieved platinum status with their 10th sailing under the current program, they would be grandfathered in and receive whatever benefits that correlated with the 75-224 level.

One problem I see is that with the old program, the multiplier difference between platinum and milestone is 2.5 (10 x 2.5 =25) the new multiplier difference is 3.0 (75 x 3.0=225) So, in the end, it makes it more difficult to achieve top status.

The correlation is that the current platinum would be equivalent to the proposed 75-224 level and the current milestone would be equivalent to the 225+ level.

If someone has only 11 cruises and 65 nights when the program kicks in, even though they are short of the 75 nights, because they already had achieved platinum status with their 10th sailing under the current program, they would be grandfathered in and receive whatever benefits that correlated with the 75-224 level.

One problem I see is that with the old program, the multiplier difference between platinum and milestone is 2.5 (10 x 2.5 =25) the new multiplier difference is 3.0 (75 x 3.0=225) So, in the end, it makes it more difficult to achieve top status.

I'm reasonably confident that "making status a little harder to achieve" is one of the objectives of the impending revamp.

Archived