Questions for recent Oasis cruisers

vtroper

My wife and I are taking our 4 year old on his first cruise at the end of the month. I've been living on CC the last 6 months and have seemingly lived vicariously through many other people's vacations. I did still have two questions for anyone that may have sailed Oasis within the last couple weeks.

1) Is the Abba show still the headliner show?

2) Any idea what movies are playing on the ship currently? We had skipped seeing Kung Fu Panda 2 in the theatres this summer because I saw it was playing on the Oasis. Then upon further inspection, I saw that it was only scheduled to run "during the summer" which I'm assuming is June-August. I may have to purchase the DVD when it comes out if he's not able to catch it on the ship.

TIA

Sorry I can't really answer you. I hope for your sake the Abba show isn't playing. When we went, we and a third of the audience walked out. They were horrible. We even tried the next night hoping it was just an off night for them, but nope, horrible. I googled them for you. here is their schedule

http://www.adbacadabra.com/Schedules.htm

Sorry I can't really answer you. I hope for your sake the Abba show isn't playing. When we went, we and a third of the audience walked out. They were horrible. We even tried the next night hoping it was just an off night for them, but nope, horrible. I googled them for you. here is their schedule

Thanks, we're sailing on the 24th, so according to your link, we'll just miss them. :-)

I too would like to see the ABBA group. I saw a video of their performance on youtube and they looked great. Maybe they where having technical sound problems the day Trekker954 went or something like that. There are many positive reviews of this group on these boards. RCI has not scheduled them for 2012 or 2013 yet but I have emailed them ask for them to be on my cruise (we will see). I encourage anyone who like to see this group as well to email RCI.

I wonder if the people in the group have changed? We saw Abbacadabra when we were on Serenade several years ago and I thought that they were great. The audience was definitely not walking out of that show.

When we were on Oasis there was some Temptations knock off group that was horrible. People were leaving during that show. At least that was what I saw during the times that I wasn't sleeping.:rolleyes:

The headliner was an impressionist singer from Las Vegas, actually quite good.

The 3d movies we saw in the main theater were How to Train Your Dragon, & MegaMind.

There is a dreamworks channel on the tv with those types of movies on all the time.

My wife and I are taking our 4 year old on his first cruise at the end of the month. I've been living on CC the last 6 months and have seemingly lived vicariously through many other people's vacations. I did still have two questions for anyone that may have sailed Oasis within the last couple weeks.

1) Is the Abba show still the headliner show?

2) Any idea what movies are playing on the ship currently? We had skipped seeing Kung Fu Panda 2 in the theatres this summer because I saw it was playing on the Oasis. Then upon further inspection, I saw that it was only scheduled to run "during the summer" which I'm assuming is June-August. I may have to purchase the DVD when it comes out if he's not able to catch it on the ship.

TIA

The headliner on the 9/10-9/17 cruise was Beatlemania.

I do believe that Kung Fu Panda was still playing.

I was so thrilled that I got to see Puss in Boots. :)

The headliner on the 9/10-9/17 cruise was Beatlemania.

I do believe that Kung Fu Panda was still playing.

I was so thrilled that I got to see Puss in Boots. :)

Ditto on the Kung Fu Panda - I'm sure I saw that listed in the cruise compass at least once.

We were on the 9/10 sailing as well but never got to see Puss in Boots! We did see the King lemur guy & the lion from Madagascar, and had our picture taken with the penguins from the film....it's my favourite photo from the whole week!

Ditto on the Kung Fu Panda - I'm sure I saw that listed in the cruise compass at least once.

We were on the 9/10 sailing as well but never got to see Puss in Boots! We did see the King lemur guy & the lion from Madagascar, and had our picture taken with the penguins from the film....it's my favourite photo from the whole week!

We just happened to be seated near guest services when one of the parades began. We stood up right by a trash can in Cafe Promenade. It was a great spot to be to see all of the characters. Puss in Boots came down in the Rising Tide bar and got off on our side. I was so thrilled! Didn't have my camera on me, though. :(

It's great you got that photo with the penguins! It can see why it would be your favorite photo.

For some reason, cruises right before us and cruises right after ours had Abbacababra. We had two different ones...the first one was Ron Lucas (puppet guy) and the second one was Kenny James (singer). Unfortunately, we didn't know that they had two different Headliner shows during the cruise and we had reservations for the night of Kenny James. It was horrible. We walked out, and so did about 1/3rd of the audience. I wish they would tell people that the cruise was going to have two different Headliner shows so we all knew which night to book.

Archived