BD to AC on Ruby

NauticalOne

Hello all, Because this is my first cruise and the only time I will ever turn 50, I decided to become the "upgrade fairy" and upgraded us from a BD to a AC yesterday. I called our TA and asked her what the price difference was and when she told me, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Moved from the 11th deck down to the 9th deck, but having a little extra room should be nice. Now we have to wait for a room assignment (on a guaranteed AC list now) and hope for a good one. Wish November would get here.......:)

Hello all, Because this is my first cruise and the only time I will ever turn 50, I decided to become the "upgrade fairy" and upgraded us from a BD to a AC yesterday. I called our TA and asked her what the price difference was and when she told me, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Moved from the 11th deck down to the 9th deck, but having a little extra room should be nice. Now we have to wait for a room assignment (on a guaranteed AC list now) and hope for a good one. Wish November would get here.......:)

Happy 50 and enjoy your mini. Since it's your first cruise you have no comparison, but you will love the mini and it will be hard to downgrade on future cruises.

Good for you, and will keep my fingers crossed for you to get an additional upgrade. I typically book balcony guaranteees and get bumped up a couple of categories. I would almost be hesitant to try a suite for fear that I would like it too much and never be able to go back to anything lower :p

Enjoy your cruise, there is lots of wonderful info here, and happy birthday!!

The only difference between an AC and an AA is location. Same deck. I would actually prefer an AC over an AA since I like being towards the aft. :) I was upgraded by the upgrade fairy last year from a BD to an AA mid-ship and while I appreciated the extra room, really didn't like being mid-ship.

I did the same thing for my transatlantic on the Ruby next year. I originally booked an aft BB cabin but decided to upgrade to the minisuite since I just couldn't stand the thought of not having a couch and hate the tiny showers in the balcony cabins. I normally book minisuites or suites, but since I will be cruising solo I figured I'd be okay in a balcony. It took me only three days to realize I was kidding myself and wouldn't be happy without the minisuite.

Moving DOWN two decks to me is great... love being closer to the water. You've made a great choice here! :)

Thanks Julia, I am sure the accommodations would have been fine in the "BD cabin" also, but you only go around once right? -Glenn

Glenn: Exactly... the BD wound have been perfectly "fine".

The AC, however, will be perfectly 100% better! :):p

And yes.... you only go around once (unless you're ZsaZsa or Liza or Liz!!)

Enjoy!

You made a good choice on the upgrade. Have a wonderful first cruise.....:):):)

Bob

OP - Just so you know, moving down a few decks is a GOOD thing. The ship is more stable there and you'll have less movement. It is not necessarily better to have a cabin on a higher deck. Many newbies think higher decks equal better cabins or better location. That is usually not true with ships, hotels maybe, but not ships. ;)

Archived