West bound or East Bound through the Panama Canal???

joybaby

From Ca to Fl or Fl to Ca? (full transit) - Any input on this topic?

Thanks in advance, Joyce

We prefer East to West for one major reason and that is that you will move the clock backwards three times during the cruise which just makes it nicer in terms of waking up and feeling less tired versus the other way around.

Keith

We are on the west coast so we went West to East, it was better for making sure we made it to the ship, but more difficult to bring things back. After we were on the ship they offered us the return East to West for only $200 more than we paid for out flight. Of course we would have gone from a balcony to an inside, but on the way back it would have been relaxing. If our flight would have been refundable we would have done it. So I think you should do both.;)

From Ca to Fl or Fl to Ca? (full transit) - Any input on this topic?

Thanks in advance, Joyce

Why do you think that it would make a difference? You see the same canal either way unless you are worried about the other places you will stop on the cruise.

DON

My father, retired Navy, says that some of the consistently rough waters is north bound up the coast to LA due to the Pacific Current. Based on that I would do LA to FL.

And I have sailed several Mexican Riviera cruises and it was always bumpy going back to LA.

Archived