LMT- has anyone found another way around their system?

MamaParrotHead

Try easyclicktravel.com - sister site - has some of the same hotels - not all - but you can easily figure it out from icons and distance to airport!

In any case I just tried the 'plugging' in of ID # to the url as previously and it worked for me? (used 917 and intercontinental popped up?)

When I use my iPad it shows all the hotels available. No guessing, just pick which one you want. Shows the name of the hotel and price. But when I use my laptop it will only show just the star rating. Weird. I picked which hotel by cost then looked up reviews then booked the one I liked.

When I use my iPad it shows all the hotels available. No guessing, just pick which one you want. Shows the name of the hotel and price. But when I use my laptop it will only show just the star rating. Weird. I picked which hotel by cost then looked up reviews then booked the one I liked.

My desktop, some show the hotel name and some show just the blind star ratings. I think maybe they offer some rooms straight out (like hotwire or expedia) but to get the uber-deals you have to play the guessing game?

You can usually identify the hotel by checking the photos; description; amentities.

I didn't know anything about this "trick". I was able to identify Intercontinental by the photos alone. Where there's a will, there's a way.:D

I also used the betterbidding dot com to help identify the possibilities by the amenities.

Doing a fake booking and 'add a car' almost always works for me.

Choose the hotel. On the next page you will see tabs to add a car. Click on that. On the next page you will see a list of cars to choose. Choose one, go to next page.

Now you should be on a page that tells the hotel name if you scroll down a bit. Just don't click the purchase button unless you want it!

the plugging in the ID to that other URL has worked about 90% of the time..sometimes i think their website goes bananas.....but if i can't get it to work i skip...unless i've already memorized the ID number and name of a place...there are a couple local ones that i have filed away...!

Doing a fake booking and 'add a car' almost always works for me.

Choose the hotel. On the next page you will see tabs to add a car. Click on that. On the next page you will see a list of cars to choose. Choose one, go to next page.

Now you should be on a page that tells the hotel name if you scroll down a bit. Just don't click the purchase button unless you want it!

Hi,:) you are correct...I just booked with them. After I clicked on the

car and went to the next page it showed the IC on the right side of the

page. I have used LMT before as well. The only thing I am having

a problem with is getting them to send me an email confirmation:rolleyes:

although it said my reservation was successful AND I have the

reservation number. I called them and sent an email asking for

a confirmation:rolleyes:...the gal on the phone was spacey.

If I don't get something tomorrow I will call again. But as I said,

I have a reservation number and the hotel:)

There's been a couple of times that it hasn't worked for me, either, but about 95% of the time it does.

I think you can also click on the 'tour' tab instead of the 'car' tab, but I haven't tried it that way.

Lois, glad you got the hotel you wanted. We stayed at the IC last year, though I got it through Priceline. Nice hotel and great location.

There's been a couple of times that it hasn't worked for me, either, but about 95% of the time it does.

I think you can also click on the 'tour' tab instead of the 'car' tab, but I haven't tried it that way.

Lois, glad you got the hotel you wanted. We stayed at the IC last year, though I got it through Priceline. Nice hotel and great location.

Hi,:) I stayed there last year too. I probably paid more this year but

to be honest, its ok. This hotel usually runs between 200-300 bucks

per night. LMT had it at 124.00. With taxes/fees, etc the total was

143.00. I suppose I could have gone with Priceline and bidding but

right now I have no patience for it. Just to get it (for me) the 143.00

is worth it:p

I know what you mean; we did get the IC last year using Priceline, after someone on our roll call posted that he got it for $85; we did too, but, using Priceline is work, and sometimes I just don't feel like going through all the hassle of researching and bidding.

Enjoy your stay!

Do you need to check 'hotel & car' at the very beginning on the front page? Maybe that's what I am doing wrong. :o

edit: ahhhhhh, yes. I think that is what I was doing wrong. duh!!!! :p If you select hotel & car on the first page it actually shows the hotels on the next page.

If I check just hotel, some of the hotel pictures do not show on the next page. But if I click on 'photos' the pictures around the hotel match those that have the car included with them.

I know what you mean; we did get the IC last year using Priceline, after someone on our roll call posted that he got it for $85; we did too, but, using Priceline is work, and sometimes I just don't feel like going through all the hassle of researching and bidding.

Enjoy your stay!

Thanks, I will:)....I am flying into FLL and I have 2 friends

who live in that area. 1 is picking me up at the airport and we

are driving down to Miami to meet the other friend and the 3 of us

are having dinner together:D...how nice is that? Neither are cruising

with me but it will be so nice spend the evening with them! So the only

cost to me is a cabride in the morning to the ship. I will offer my friend

gas money but knowing him, he will not accept it:rolleyes:....I will buy

him a drink at dinner;)

Thanks, I will:)....I am flying into FLL and I have 2 friends

who live in that area. 1 is picking me up at the airport and we

are driving down to Miami to meet the other friend and the 3 of us

are having dinner together:D...how nice is that? Neither are cruising

with me but it will be so nice spend the evening with them! So the only

cost to me is a cabride in the morning to the ship. I will offer my friend

gas money but knowing him, he will not accept it:rolleyes:....I will buy

him a drink at dinner;)

That's the kind of friends to have, saves you a pretty big bill for the transfer to Miami fro Ft. L.

Lois, for some reason (I've seen your posts a lot on the Fashion Board) I had the idea you lived in Miami.

That's the kind of friends to have, saves you a pretty big bill for the transfer to Miami fro Ft. L.

Lois, for some reason (I've seen your posts a lot on the Fashion Board) I had the idea you lived in Miami.

Hi,:) I don't live in Miami. I live in Jacksonville which is in the northern

part of the state. I am 350 miles north of Miami and it is really like

2 separate states;)

Oh, you thought I DID live there? Nope!

Maybe you found a faster way. I always just select the hotel on the first page and then select 'add a car' on the 2nd page and then choose a particular car on the third page and then, on the next page, the hotel name is listed.

I thought that is what I had been doing too. But I haven't seen the option to add a car anywhere on recent searches on the 2nd page.

Hi,:) I don't live in Miami. I live in Jacksonville which is in the northern

part of the state. I am 350 miles north of Miami and it is really like

2 separate states;)

Oh, you thought I DID live there? Nope!

Maybe it's just because you seem to cruise so often--lucky you! (Or, that's my perception).

I bet Jacksonville beats Miami hands down for quality of life.

Archived