Why must you prepay tips for 2 night Cruise nowhere

valtandc

I was on Miracle in June for 8 nights and payed at end with my sail and sign bill. I just booked a 2 night CTN and was charged the $40 for 2 in our cabin up front.

No biggie, just wondering why they do this.

I don't have the official answer but I am guessing because it is only 2 nights that majority of people wouldn't leave a tip...I think the longer the cruise the more work they do for you and you form more of a relationship, 2 nights they pretty much make your bed and empty your trash and serve you 2 dinners...

I really think they do this so the staff doesn't get stiffed.

I don't have the official answer but I am guessing because it is only 2 nights that majority of people wouldn't leave a tip...I think the longer the cruise the more work they do for you and you form more of a relationship, 2 nights they pretty much make your bed and empty your trash and serve you 2 dinners...

I really think they do this so the staff doesn't get stiffed.

I'm willing to bet you are probably right.

Booze cruises often attract the younger crowd who simply want to party and when that S&S tab is presented on the last day...even on a CTN, I'm sure there are quite a few :eek:. Seems logical to get the money upfront rather than rely on folks to do the right thing (by not removing the auto tip).

I'm willing to bet you are probably right.

Booze cruises often attract the younger crowd who simply want to party and when that S&S tab is presented on the last day...even on a CTN, I'm sure there are quite a few :eek:. Seems logical to get the money upfront rather than rely on folks to do the right thing (by not removing the auto tip).

Totally agree!

I also think you are right. Celebrity did the same thing on a two-night cruise earlier this year, and didn't even go through the motions of providing vouchers and envelopes. We left an extra tip on the desk, because the turnaround for the stewards is the same amount of work as the longer cruises. I don't remember if vouchers and envelopes were provided on the Triumph the year before.

I also think you are right. Celebrity did the same thing on a two-night cruise earlier this year, and didn't even go through the motions of providing vouchers and envelopes. We left an extra tip on the desk, because the turnaround for the stewards is the same amount of work as the longer cruises. I don't remember if vouchers and envelopes were provided on the Triumph the year before.

No, thats RCL not Carnival. Carnival you just pay and thats it.

Celebrity is owned by RCL so they do it RCLs way.

CCL is using vouchers?Are you sure you have the right cruiseline?

Archived