Eclipse Musak/Noise

jimmythegreek

I have read many reviews that mention incessant music, Muzak, and generally very few places that are quiet on this particular ship. Is this true? I am considering the Azore/Canary Island cruise next October and would not mind some peace and quiet.

That was my opinion on the Eclipse. Very intrusive. You'll need to be in your cabin or on your balcony for peace and quiet.

Hi

I cruised on the Eclipse last June and did not find it noisy, given the size of liner and the amount of people on board it can be busy especially in the self service restaurant. It was sometimes difficult to find a seat but as food is available 24/7 we just changed the times we eat.

As long a you do not have mobility problems book a cabin as far away as you can from the centre of the ship and not under the pool. If you go for a cabin on deck 12 make sure you are not under the self service restaurant as that can be noisy also the balcony's are always in the shade.

Book and enjoy it is a stunning liner.

I think the canned music is creeping in on all the X ships...but still not as bad as the rap we heard all day long on the PA on our last Royal cruise.

It get esp. annoying at the pool area--we now try to enjoy the pool early in the day & then leave as the PA gets louder & when they have the noisy games poolside.

But I am sure there will a nice nook someplace to cozy up with coffee/tea & a book.. I think the PA can be turned down of off in indiv spaces...like the upstairs lounge..

The amount and volume of canned music is certainly on the increase and I would say is very much on the RCL lines you describe re the boom boom boom although as others have said without the other announcements. We actually found it very hard to find somewhere to sit for a drink and talk with our new friends. We settled on Michaels which did periodically have a very good guitarist in but then we needed the vow of silence as he played. At other times the young Bar manager kept coming in and turning the muzak up and the lovely barman would respond immediately (knowing our likes) and turn it back down when the manager left

Martini Bar is completely spoilt with it and they were even playing muzak in the Solarium/quiet pool

Others have given you good advice re quieter cabins though look at the sticky at the top of the page as some cabins suffer from noise from above more than others

Not pertaining to a Ship but here goes the rant anyway

I recently left a diner because the music was too loud

Another time I asked that the music be lowered and was told it was a corporate decision and they cant do anything about it

Same with the lights in another place. They were lowered the lights when we were seated and they would not rise them up again.

We went in to a Taco Bell on a road trip a few months ago, somewhere--Illinois? Indiana?? and it was FREEZING! I mean shivering cold. I asked the employees how they could stand working in that refrigerator and if they could just turn off the AC for a few minutes.

Their reply: it was controlled by the corporate office and they had no ability to adjust the temp whatsoever! How ridiculous is that? What a waste of resources! Had to be in the 50's in there. I shoveled down my burrito and couldn't wait to get back outside!

Not pertaining to a Ship but here goes the rant anyway

I recently left a diner because the music was too loud

Another time I asked that the music be lowered and was told it was a corporate decision and they cant do anything about it

Same with the lights in another place. They were lowered the lights when we were seated and they would not rise them up again.

We went in to a Taco Bell on a road trip a few months ago, somewhere--Illinois? Indiana?? and it was FREEZING! I mean shivering cold. I asked the employees how they could stand working in that refrigerator and if they could just turn off the AC for a few minutes.

Their reply: it was controlled by the corporate office and they had no ability to adjust the temp whatsoever! How ridiculous is that? What a waste of resources! Had to be in the 50's in there. I shoveled down my burrito and couldn't wait to get back outside!

What I am thinking of doing is tell them I am almost blind and I am going to call my lawyer to complain and contact to the ADA

Archived