NCL bring alcohol aboard?

furrrball

Even if you just want to drink it in your cabin.

Yes, we have done this many times. You can bring a cooler with water and soda. I suggest a smaller soft sided cooler, with wheels. Load this with water and soda. As far as the wine, if you happen to like a certain wine and are willing to pay the $15 corkage fee, then it may be worth it for you. We do it all the time. We bring a bottle of wine and champage (even if you are drinking in your room).

Lisa

A cooler? :eek:

You know! Those insulated things...:D

It is really a lot easier just to bring cases of pop with you, tape up the box so it won't 'spill the cans' all over the loading bay, stick a luggage tag on it and let the porters carry it for you. That way its out of your way, you get it when your luggage arrives at the stateroom and by that time your ice bucket will be filled so you can have a chilled glass of root beer that afternoon.

You know! Those insulated things...:D

It is really a lot easier just to bring cases of pop with you, tape up the box so it won't 'spill the cans' all over the loading bay, stick a luggage tag on it and let the porters carry it for you. That way its out of your way, you get it when your luggage arrives at the stateroom and by that time your ice bucket will be filled so you can have a chilled glass of root beer that afternoon.

Yikes. Just.....yikes.

i have soft sided smaller shoulder cooler bags ...holds 8 cans and larger one that both fit in my luggage and those are what i carry the drinks on..if i have the larger one it looks like a carry-on and i put it with our luggage to be delivered to our cabin--no prob.

I don't think that would 'fly' since we travel by plane.:)

We bring a cooler for every cruise, including ones where we are carry-on only. The carry-on one is the size of an empty tote bag when empty, the larger wheeled collapsible one fits nicely in the bottom of our suitcase and weighs very little. One quick stop at port for wine, mixers/soda, cream and we are set for a week or two - we keep everything inside with some ice all week, then usually bring it home empty or use it for extra purchases. The larger one can hold 12 bottles of wine plus! It's even more convenient on local (do not fly) cruises - carry on our wine and mixers, carry off our duty-free bottles. I can live without a lot of things, but always have a cooler!

Robin

The corkage fee is only if you drink your wine in the resturant...right?

No. You are allowed to bring on as much wine as you like. You will pay a $15 per bottle corkage fee that will be charged to your onboard account. A sticker will be placed on each bottle where the corkage is paid and then you can enjoy the wine ANYWHERE on the ship including restaurants, specialty restaurants, bars, lounges, your cabin etc.

A cooler? :eek:

What's wrong with a cooler? We found our collapsible rolling cooler very helpful - we put our wine in it, wheeled it over to pay corkage, and used it in the cabin to keep water and wine chilled (we brought a case of water, and stuck a luggage tag on it, and it was delivered to our cabin).

Don't bother bringing water. The water on the ship is filtered using reverse osmosis and is as good, if not better, than any water you'll find in a bottle.

As stated by others, booze and beer are a no-no. Bringing wine on board will cost you a $15 per bottle fee payable when you board.

What's wrong with a cooler? We found our collapsible rolling cooler very helpful - we put our wine in it, wheeled it over to pay corkage, and used it in the cabin to keep water and wine chilled (we brought a case of water, and stuck a luggage tag on it, and it was delivered to our cabin).

We have brought a rolling cooler, bought it at an Ocean stat job Lot for 10 dollars. We then pack it with soda and water and head to the beach with it. When we board the ship, we carry it on (roll it on) and never had an issue.

Lisa

You bring water?

I always bring water - it's pretty much all I drink, same with my children. Sure, not the most eco-friendly option, but heck, I'm on vacation, and like to be able to throw a bunch of water bottles into my pool/beach bags for the 7 of us, and not have to leave my chair. I bring bottles to the gym, into the ports, walking around the ship... A case of water costs $4, we drive to the port - worth it to me.

At home, I get water from the fridge door, but always have cases in the house, and in my van, as well.

Archived