Embarkation Day Amenities in a Deluxe Suite

slomotion

We have a SC on the Osterdam in a few weeks.

I know that we would be billed for all items that are in the fridge (soft drinks, wine etc.) But are there any less obvious items we might see in the room that we would be charged for such as bottled water or ? ? if we were to consume them?

a

You will get a bottle of wine/champagne compliments of the Captain and Hotel Manager -- we do not like Pol Clemente -- so we have the concierge exchange it for a bottle of wine that we like -- and we pay the difference.

On most ships we have also gotten a complimentary bottle of Voss water -- artesian well water -- DH will drink it -- I don't care for it.

These are the items in the Mini Bar that if you use any of them -- you will be charged for them -- PLUS the 15% service charge:

The "No Host" mini bar consists of:

These are all airline size bottles 1.75 ounces

2 Beefeater Gins - $4.95

1 Johnny Walker Red Lable - $4.95

1 Bicardi Rum - $4.95

1 VSOP Courvoisier - $4.95

1 Smirnoff Vodka - $4.95

1 Vendange Chardonnay - 187 ml - $9

1 Vendange Cabernet - 187 ml - $9

1 split Henkell Champagne - $8.50

1 Red Bull - $3.50

1 Bloody Mix - $2.50

2 regular cokes - $1.95

2 diet cokes - $1.95

1 tonic water - $1.95

1 Club soda - $1.95

1 sprite - $1.95

1 Heineken - $3.75

1 Miller Sharps (non alcoholic) - $3.75

1 Miller Lite - $3.25

2 Perrier water - $2.95

2 one liter bottled water - $2.95

We have a SC on the Osterdam in a few weeks.

I know that we would be billed for all items that are in the fridge (soft drinks, wine etc.) But are there any less obvious items we might see in the room that we would be charged for such as bottled water or ? ? if we were to consume them?

a

The first bottle of water (I've had two on some ships) along with the wine/champagne that are delivered are usually complimentary for this category. After that, it's pay as you go.

don't forget to visit the neptune lounge. There are always nice munchies there suitable to the time of day, water, iced tea, cranberry juice, coffees of all sort and teas (and yes, you can take some back to your room if you want) and the concierge is there to help you out.

if for some reason your room isn't ready (seems unusual now unless the ship had NORO) then you will be directed there anyways.

Congrats on your fabulous suite and have a great cruise :):)

Between the Neptune Lounge, the Lido buffet, beverages at all your meals, the free bottle of champaign, the free bottle of water, what we bring onboard (wine and sodas) at embarkation and at other ports along the way, we always have enough to drink. Normally we throw/give some away the last day.

DaveOKC

You will get a bottle of wine/champagne compliments of the Captain and Hotel Manager -- we do not like Pol Clemente -- so we have the concierge exchange it for a bottle of wine that we like -- and we pay the difference.

On most ships we have also gotten a complimentary bottle of Voss water -- artesian well water -- DH will drink it -- I don't care for it.

These are the items in the Mini Bar that if you use any of them -- you will be charged for them -- PLUS the 15% service charge:

The "No Host" mini bar consists of:

These are all airline size bottles 1.75 ounces

2 Beefeater Gins - $4.95

1 Johnny Walker Red Lable - $4.95

1 Bicardi Rum - $4.95

1 VSOP Courvoisier - $4.95

1 Smirnoff Vodka - $4.95

1 Vendange Chardonnay - 187 ml - $9

1 Vendange Cabernet - 187 ml - $9

1 split Henkell Champagne - $8.50

1 Red Bull - $3.50

1 Bloody Mix - $2.50

2 regular cokes - $1.95

2 diet cokes - $1.95

1 tonic water - $1.95

1 Club soda - $1.95

1 sprite - $1.95

1 Heineken - $3.75

1 Miller Sharps (non alcoholic) - $3.75

1 Miller Lite - $3.25

2 Perrier water - $2.95

2 one liter bottled water - $2.95

First Thanks!

We will have them remove all those $$'s items form the fridge or where ever they are.

Second.

Is there anything you guy's don't know about HAL?

You are an absolute welth of knowledge.

Thanks again.

The first bottle of water (I've had two on some ships) along with the wine/champagne that are delivered are usually complimentary for this category. After that, it's pay as you go.

don't forget to visit the neptune lounge. There are always nice munchies there suitable to the time of day, water, iced tea, cranberry juice, coffees of all sort and teas (and yes, you can take some back to your room if you want) and the concierge is there to help you out.

if for some reason your room isn't ready (seems unusual now unless the ship had NORO) then you will be directed there anyways.

Congrats on your fabulous suite and have a great cruise :):)

Thanks

There are two different bottles of water in the "S" Suites. One is complimentary and one has a charge. There will be a hang tag on the one that you have to pay for.

I can't think of the brand name for the complimentary bottle but it's a tall slender glass, grey cap.

One more thing concerning the free bottle of champagne. IMO it is not very good, but most ships (use the Neptune Lounge staff) will let you exchange it for something else, such as X number of soft drinks, a bottle of wine (will have to pay something) or even bottles of water. Just do not be afraid to ask.

DaveOKC

One more thing concerning the free bottle of champagne. IMO it is not very good, but most ships (use the Neptune Lounge staff) will let you exchange it for something else, such as X number of soft drinks, a bottle of wine (will have to pay something) or even bottles of water. Just do not be afraid to ask.

DaveOKC

I don't care for champagne so on our recent cruise I just took it to the dining room and slipped it to the waiter for use at a crew party.

Getting ready for my Oosterdam SC too, though in my case it's still a couple months away.

Is the complimentary sparkling wine delivered on ice?

Some times it has not been in a bucket of ice. Recently ours has been sitting on the counter.

If you want it chilled -- just ask your cabin steward for a bucket of ice.

Yes, Voss Water. I couldn't remember the name.

Our sparkling wine (and, in the old days :) champagne) has always been chilling in a silver HAL champagne bucket on the suite counter.

I remove it from the bucket, empty the ice and put the bucket in the cabinet beneath for bar staff to use for next cruise.

On embarkation morning, bar staff go cabin to cabin delivering the Suite Welcome Aboard bottles and all liquor/soft drinks that have been ordered as gifts or purchased by arriving guests. Most of the beverages are waiting in the cabin when guests arrive.

We didn't mind the Voss water and I think we eventually drank it about the third or fourth day but didn't order any more of it. The brand of bottled water on our last couple of cruises out of Ft Lauderdale has been Crystal Geyser but I think I remember when HAL used to private brand their bottled water with HAL labels. I know some people bring their own cases of water on but for us it's just too much of a hassle for the little we do drink. Actually find the tap water in a glass of ice to be just fine. We've found the champaign or sparkling wine or whatever it is to be too dry and sharp for our taste so we often take it to the MDR and either trade it in, give it away, or share it with the table.

I use my champagne to make mimosas to have with my cruissants. That's the only way I will drink champagne. The orange juice makes it palatable.

Especially since it's fresh squeezed :):) We did that a couple of times too:D

Archived