Price drop on my cruise

philv

Hi everybody! We are booked on Ruby for march 18, 2012. I just happened to check the Princess website for our cruise and there has been another price drop. My BA cabin just dropped from $2158 for two to $1938. Smokin! We are booked direct with Princess. I called reservation number and within 10 minutes I received e-mail with booking confirmation with new price. Cool!

For those of you who use TA, keep an eye on Princess website for price drops. In the past I've had to call them to get price drop.

Hi everybody! We are booked on Ruby for march 18, 2012. I just happened to check the Princess website for our cruise and there has been another price drop. My BA cabin just dropped from $2158 for two to $1938. Smokin! We are booked direct with Princess. I called reservation number and within 10 minutes I received e-mail with booking confirmation with new price. Cool!

For those of you who use TA, keep an eye on Princess website for price drops. In the past I've had to call them to get price drop.

congrats on your price drop. Interesting, though that you are paying almost $1000 per person for a balcony cabin. I guess we were lucky the last time we sailed the Caribbean as we paid $900 per person for a mini-suite. That was back in 09 though so probably explains it.

Congrats! Does anyone know if you can get a price reduction if you have already made your final deposit? Many thanks.

If the final payment date has passed, it is unusual to get a price reduction as most lowered prices then are for new bookings only.

Our TA always watches for the price drops also even though it lowers her commission. We booked a BF guarantee for $799/pp for 1/28/12. Got upgraded to a BA on Caribe deck and the price dropped for past passengers to $699/pp. Must be d/t the time we are going. Can't complain!

Our TA always watches for the price drops also even though it lowers her commission. We booked a BF guarantee for $799/pp for 1/28/12. Got upgraded to a BA on Caribe deck and the price dropped for past passengers to $699/pp. Must be d/t the time we are going. Can't complain!

That's a really nice price for a Caribe deck balcony! Enjoy that large balcony:)

There are lots of Caribe cabins available in the BB catagory for less money. You should also now find a discount TA and get that new fare lowered.

Unless the lower price is based on a New Booking Only promotion (which are rare in comparison to standard promotions for which most passengers are eligible), even after Final Payment, upon the passenger's request, as long as they are eligible (which most passengers are), the price difference will simply be credited right back to your credit card! TAs can request a refare for you also, but some are hesitant as a lower rate will cut into their commission. I always book directly through Princess. Yes, sometimes I may get a slightly lower rate through a TA, or a bottle of wine or a coupon book, but I prefer dealing directly with the company. Princess is open 7 days a week, when many TAs are not. And since their employees don't work on commission, they are more than happy to give you the lower rate. I've always been happy working directly with Princess, but if you are lucky enough to have a good TA on your side, it can be quite beneficial.

We're sailing the day before (Mar 17) on Emerald and those prices haven't budged one bit. They did have a past guest for a while, which we thankfully got, but our first time cruiser friends haven't been able to take advantage of anything yet. I keep looking so hopefully soon. First time I've booked a 10 day cruise though and I think there seems to be more chance of a price drop on the 7 day ones.

We have cruised on Princess before and have bought and used FCCs. However, we have never booked while on board. This March, we are going on the Crown and are interested in a 2012 fall European crusie on the Grand. I am aware you get a three category upgrade when you book on board, but do you get the same amount of onboard credit as you get with FCC. We are looking at a 17 day cruise on the Grand and I guess my question is, would you book on board, or purchase the FCC and buy later?? Thanks in advance for any advice.

We're sailing the day before (Mar 17) on Emerald and those prices haven't budged one bit.

That's peak Spring break time. I wish you the best, but I wouldn't count on a price drop. (Especially if you're leaving out of somewhere like Florida, Spring break central.)

We have cruised on Princess before and have bought and used FCCs. However, we have never booked while on board. This March, we are going on the Crown and are interested in a 2012 fall European crusie on the Grand. I am aware you get a three category upgrade when you book on board, but do you get the same amount of onboard credit as you get with FCC. We are looking at a 17 day cruise on the Grand and I guess my question is, would you book on board, or purchase the FCC and buy later?? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sorry I put this in the wrong place. I have made a new thread with my question. I am not an experienced poster and made a mistake. I ask the same question under a new thread. Sorry!

That's peak Spring break time. I wish you the best, but I wouldn't count on a price drop. (Especially if you're leaving out of somewhere like Florida, Spring break central.)

Oh rats. It's right AFTER Spring Break here so we thought we were escaping that. Hubby is a teacher and finally retired and I guess he'll still be spring breaking! LOL Most likely won't be as many kids on a 10 day though.

Now this is something I didn't know -- that you get a three category upgrade when you book onboard. This could be very useful info!

But to answer the question -- yes you get the same FCC as if it was an open booking.

Where did you get the idea about the 3 cat upgrade? No way. Doesn't happen. The only time this could occur is if there's some sort of special promotion going on.

If you can get a three cat upgrade - go for it. However, I have never heard of such a thing. Where did you get this from??

Where did you get the idea about the 3 cat upgrade? No way. Doesn't happen. The only time this could occur is if there's some sort of special promotion going on.

I thought I remembered reading about getting the upgrade when booking on board on CC. Perhaps there was a special promotion at the time. I will try to find the post I am thinking about. Thanks, however, for clarifying this for me.

Archived