2012 Cruise Brides

Tasha4199

okay, this has been nothing but everyone posting their wedding dates which is good but let's actually talk.

My MOH just backed out on me because another friend is expecting and due the day before we're supposed to leave. Apparently they're closer friends than we are because she chose to cancel her booking and stay here for reasons I can't really fathom right now as I mean, seriously? it's not like it's her kid and what the heck is she gaining by staying here? There's only 6 mos to go and I don't have a booking confirmation from any other good candidate for MOH (we had just a BM & MOH with no other attendants.) What should I do (other than block her from my facebook, tell her not to contact me and remove her from my wedding website as I have already done)?

Wow. Sorry to hear that. I know it's upsetting because basically she's saying 'she's MY best friend.' I wouldn't have de-friended her, but I know you were hurt.

Do you have any family you could ask?or a matron of honor?

I had to unfriend her. The first time I saw her post all the anger got stirred up again and it's better to just move on. I have high blood pressure as it is. It's fine. I kinda thought she might pull something like this. She's notoriously flakey.

No there's no one confirmed that would be an appropriate replacement. We chose a pretty long (therefore expensive) sailing. I would even choose one of my guy friends as my attendant if I knew they were coming. I said that we were just going to not have a wedding party and my mom said that was unfair to the BM. So what am I supposed to do? Thers a BM but no MOH? That would just make me feel like a friendless loser... not how I wanna feel on my wedding day.

Ok I have a few questions for you ladies, first who is getting married on the beach and how is doing it on the ship? My second question is : are you planning to wear your wedding dress all day or change?

I am getting married on the beach, and I plain to change out of my big dress in to a cute whit sun dress I got for after the ceremony. We are not having a reception, so im wondering if I should buy a 3rd dress for dinner or just wear the big one from the ceremony? What are your thoughts?

Ok I have a few questions for you ladies, first who is getting married on the beach and how is doing it on the ship? My second question is : are you planning to wear your wedding dress all day or change?

I am getting married on the beach, and I plain to change out of my big dress in to a cute whit sun dress I got for after the ceremony. We are not having a reception, so im wondering if I should buy a 3rd dress for dinner or just wear the big one from the ceremony? What are your thoughts?

I'm getting married on the ship on embarkation day and I'm planning on wearing my dress all day :D

My dress is quite simple, no train, and I don't plan on wearing a veil (for now). My wedding and lunch reception will end probably around 3 or 3:30, so after pictures around the ship and the muster drill, it'll probably be time for our first seating dinner at 6pm. I'm just kinda worried people will think that I got confused about elegant night since it's not a big wedding gown and I'm not wearing a veil :( But I'll convince my man to stay in his tux with me :o

There was an old thread about ladies wearing their dresses to dinner. I think most brides will agree that we'll only get one chance to wear the dress and wearing it to dinner will be part of the memories! But I'm curious to hear about what others are doing!!

I had to unfriend her. The first time I saw her post all the anger got stirred up again and it's better to just move on. I have high blood pressure as it is. It's fine. I kinda thought she might pull something like this. She's notoriously flakey.

No there's no one confirmed that would be an appropriate replacement. We chose a pretty long (therefore expensive) sailing. I would even choose one of my guy friends as my attendant if I knew they were coming. I said that we were just going to not have a wedding party and my mom said that was unfair to the BM. So what am I supposed to do? Thers a BM but no MOH? That would just make me feel like a friendless loser... not how I wanna feel on my wedding day.

Who is going to be your wittnesses? You will need 2 witnesses to sign the paperwork. Usually these are the BM and MOH, but can be anyone.

Hopefully someone will RSVP that you would like to have as a MOH/witness.

Who is going to be your wittnesses? You will need 2 witnesses to sign the paperwork. Usually these are the BM and MOH, but can be anyone.

Hopefully someone will RSVP that you would like to have as a MOH/witness.

I hope so too but if not, the BM's wife is a perfectly lovely woman. She'll do as a wittnes, I just don't feel that we're close enough to make her the moh.

Hey everyone! I'm new here, so hopefully no one minds if I pop in. ;)

I'm getting married May 5,2012 out of Tampa on the Carnival Paradise! The ceremony & reception will be on embarkation day. We've got about 30 sailing guests so far. 209 days left - can... not... wait!! :p

Hi everyone. I'm getting married July 13, 2012 on Magen's Bay in St. Thomas. We are sailing on the Carnival Miracle. I plan on wearing my dress all day since we will be having dinner in the steakhouse after the beach reception.

NAME? Janine

AGE? 27

LINE/SHIP Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas

WEDDING PORT Labadee, Haiti

WEDDING DATE March 1st, 2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? We met on a cruise March 31st, 2010. So it'll be almost 2 years on the wedding day.

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? We met during a cruise wedding. It seemed fitting.

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? We're getting married while in a port, so everyone is sailing. Expecting 20ish?

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? There's really not much I'm not looking forward to! It's the first cruise for my family and most of my friends so I'm excited to see what they think of cruising. I'm excited to get married and do the zip line in Haiti. I'm excited to be back in Jamaica (I go often, but haven't been since New Years 2011) and excited to explore Grand Cayman.

I plan to wear my dress the whole day. Changing into my suit for some beach time at some point then back into the dress. We are getting married at 10:30AM but my dress is simple, no train, and light. I can rock it all day and be comfortable.

Love this!

NAME? Natasha

AGE? 29

LINE/SHIP Carnival Dream

WEDDING PORT Port Canaveral

WEDDING DATE July 7, 2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? A little over 2 years. We met online, and there was an instant connection.

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? I've always been addicted to cruising, and even though FH just went on his first cruise last year (with me :)) he liked it, and is very agreeable so here we are!

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? Probably 15 sailing, 40 non-sailing. We live at the port, so most of our family/friends will make it.

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? So many things! Saying I do to the love of my life, having dinner in the steakhouse after the wedding for some alone time with my husband, the spa balcony we booked (my first balcony!) along with the spa passes for some relaxation! I'm planning on wearing my dress all day, but I'm hoping to find a convertible dress I like so I can wear the shorter skirt after dinner, cause I'm sure there will be some partying at the club! :D

~Natasha

The dress I am getting is going to be a big one lol but after hearing from a few of you I think I will wear it to dinner. Ill change while we go around the tow, then back in to it for dinner. I might as well get my money’s worth lol.

Jangng have you thought about wearing a little crown or maybe you can get the groom a sash that says just married lol I heard that the staff is really great so maybe they will have a sign at your table or make some announcement.

If I missed anyone or didnt put something correctly let me know :) Thought it might help us find people using the same cruise line, ship, or date close together.

1/9/12 – FutureMrsC – Carnival Freedom

2/6/12 – cruisingbride09 - Carnival Miracle

2/19/12 – jangng - Carnival Splendor

2/25/12 – FANTASYBRIDE0225 – Carnival Fantasy

3/1/12 – jebuell – Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas

3/18/12 – tweetybird617 - Carnival Conquest

3/27/12 – MelloJess83 - Carnival Freedom

3/24/12 – kmarie99 - Carnival Dream

4/8/12 – tracy 12502 – Carnival Glory

4/15/12 – veritym86 - Carnival Splendor

4/15/12 – JulieRose - Crown Princess

4/20/12 – Spiralshell - Carnival Miracle

5/5/12 – ashleyw – Carnival Paradise

5/6/12 – Minnie553 - Carnival Victory

5/17/12 – pinkpumpkin – Carnival Magic

5/20/12 – bridetobe52012 – Carnival Magic

7/7/12 - Tasha4199 - Carnival Dream

7/8/12 – MagicofLove - Carnival Magic

7/13/12 – Bizcut83 – Carnival Miracle

8/17/12 – b22grante – Carnival Destiny

8/27/12 – cruise6932 – Grand Princess

9/2/12 – Tiffany1203 – Carnival Pride

9/23/12 – Herbaltees - Carnival Pride

10/8/12 – octoberbride2012 - ????

10/13/12 – Tental01 – Carnival Dream

After putting this together I realized Im first in line :eek: 92 days to go!!!

NAME? Krystal

AGE? 29

LINE/SHIP Carnival Magic

WEDDING PORT Galveston, TX

WEDDING DATE Nov 11, 2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? 4 years.

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? Originally wanted to go to Vegas. I am not much for planning and Vegas seemed fun. Went to a cruise wedding last year, learned that Magic would be sailing out of Galveston and finance and I decided to do a cruise. We would get more for our money versus a Vegas wedding and more family/friends can attend.

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? Probably 15 sailing, 25 non-sailing. We live at the port, so most of our family/friends will make it.

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? The cruise and marrying my baby:)

If I missed anyone or didnt put something correctly let me know :) Thought it might help us find people using the same cruise line, ship, or date close together.

1/9/12 – FutureMrsC – Carnival Freedom

2/6/12 – cruisingbride09 - Carnival Miracle

2/19/12 – jangng - Carnival Splendor

2/25/12 – FANTASYBRIDE0225 – Carnival Fantasy

3/1/12 – jebuell – Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas

3/18/12 – tweetybird617 - Carnival Conquest

3/27/12 – MelloJess83 - Carnival Freedom

3/24/12 – kmarie99 - Carnival Dream

4/8/12 – tracy 12502 – Carnival Glory

4/15/12 – veritym86 - Carnival Splendor

4/15/12 – JulieRose - Crown Princess

4/20/12 – Spiralshell - Carnival Miracle

5/5/12 – ashleyw – Carnival Paradise

5/6/12 – Minnie553 - Carnival Victory

5/17/12 – pinkpumpkin – Carnival Magic

5/20/12 – bridetobe52012 – Carnival Magic

7/7/12 - Tasha4199 - Carnival Dream

7/8/12 – MagicofLove - Carnival Magic

7/13/12 – Bizcut83 – Carnival Miracle

8/17/12 – b22grante – Carnival Destiny

8/27/12 – cruise6932 – Grand Princess

9/2/12 – Tiffany1203 – Carnival Pride

9/23/12 – Herbaltees - Carnival Pride

10/8/12 – octoberbride2012 - ????

10/13/12 – Tental01 – Carnival Dream

After putting this together I realized Im first in line :eek: 92 days to go!!!

This is awesome, thanks! I can't wait to hear about all of your weddings, even if I'm early in the year.

Also... am I really the only RCI bride???

Sorry ladies been so busy here haven't go a chance to catch up here.. lol

Name: Marina

WEDDING PORT & DATE: San Juan, PR - May 6, 2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? It will be going on 6 years wow so long.. lol We have 2 girls a pain I think they get it from him.. lol They are 5 & 2 yrs old.

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? I decided it will be cool to have a wedding on a ship 1. I luv to cruise 2. The price is not bad 3. Something different from ur normal wedding.;) Plus this will be my 3rd marriage.. I know so SAD.. Believe me this is the right person for me.. And this will be my first wedding every other one was a judge etc..

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? My count is small cuz my family rather do other things so that's ok with me and on his side he does not really have much family so I have 8 people SAILING so far excluding myself and my girls and S2B and 8 to 9 NON-SAILING depending if my family from PR will come. I rather have something small nothing really big.. lol

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? A real Wedding.. lol Everything so excited still planning things like hotel stay etc.. I want to enjoy every minute of it. Plus the cruise vacation.. lol I might wear my dress all day but as I look at these other styles make me want to change my dress.. haha but looking for a back up one so that I want ruin my dress so at least one of my daughter's can wear in the future..

NAME? Jessi (Julie is my radio airname so I'm more used to being called that hence, I use it on the internet a lot)

AGE? 31

LINE/SHIP Crown Princess

WEDDING PORT At Sea

WEDDING DATE April 15, 2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? 6 yrs

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? we knew that if we did the traditional in town wedding we would never be able to afford a honeymoon and since this is about us, we wanted to do what would make us happiest. Also, we'll get to spend more than one frenzied day with the people who are kind enough to join us.

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? don't know yet. Inviting 150ish, only have 8 including us confirmed.

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? the reception (if we end up with enough guests to have one.) Spending 7 days away from the stress of work with my man.

NAME? Kat

AGE? 24

LINE/SHIP Carnival Freedom

WEDDING PORT Key West, FL @ the Hyatt

WEDDING DATE January 9, 2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? 2.5 yrs

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING?

I have been trying to gather my family together for a “family” cruise for years. Once my fiancé and I decided it was going to be a destination wedding the two just fit. I get the beautiful wedding of my dreams AND my close family on a cruise!!

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)?

With my fiancé, two daughters, and myself included we have 19 people sailing. There are a few more that are waiting to book until they get clearance from work so we may end up with 24. We don’t have any non-sailing guest.

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO?

Marrying my other half has to be the #1 thing.

Marina, this is my “second” marriage but first wedding. The first marriage was when I was 15 and we got married in front of a judge. I’m so excited to be planning a “real” wedding, lol. :D

Jessi, unless I missed someone it looks like you’re the only RCI bride so far. Hopefully we can keep adding 2012 brides to the list!

Does everyone want me to update the list with the name you prefer to go by?

Name: Jennifer

Line/Ship: Carnival Miracle

Wedding Port: St. Thomas

Wedding Date: July 13, 2012

How long together: It will be 8 years by the time we are married. We have a 5 year old daughter.

Why did you choose a cruise wedding?: It was cheaper than having a traditional wedding and its different. Plus this ensures that most of my family wont be there (I know thats sad)

How many guests sailing and non sailing?: I just sent out the invitations this week. I know that I definately have 5 guests so far. Im quite happy with that

What are you most looking forward to? I'm really looking forward to the whole chaos of the wedding day and then finally being married. Also we booked the suite with the wrap around balcony and I'm anxious to see what it looks like.

NAME? Kat

AGE? 24

LINE/SHIP Carnival Freedom

WEDDING PORT Key West, FL @ the Hyatt

WEDDING DATE January 9, 2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? 2.5 yrs

I have been trying to gather my family together for a “family” cruise for years. Once my fiancé and I decided it was going to be a destination wedding the two just fit. I get the beautiful wedding of my dreams AND my close family on a cruise!!

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)?

With my fiancé, two daughters, and myself included we have 19 people sailing. There are a few more that are waiting to book until they get clearance from work so we may end up with 24. We don’t have any non-sailing guest.

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO?

Marrying my other half has to be the #1 thing.

Marina, this is my “second” marriage but first wedding. The first marriage was when I was 15 and we got married in front of a judge. I’m so excited to be planning a “real” wedding, lol. :D

Jessi, unless I missed someone it looks like you’re the only RCI bride so far. Hopefully we can keep adding 2012 brides to the list!

Does everyone want me to update the list with the name you prefer to go by?

Ok so I don't feel so bad.. yea I was young myself with the marriage.. Like wise super excited I even got my mother and grandmother all excited how is it they already got their outfits shoes n jewelry.. lol wait a minute it's my day but they want to be all pretty up.. lol now my grandmother is saying she need a purse.. like are u serious.. lol tooo funny

NAME: Nona

LINE/SHIP: Carnival Magic

WEDDING PORT: Galveston, TX

WEDDING DATE: September 2th, 2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be): 2 years.

I love crusing and my s2b loves the beach. I don't want to become a bridezilla with all the planning and what not, as I'm very detailed, and I've seen far too many brides days before thier wedding in shambles. So cruise wedding it. Book and show up!

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING):

Probably just us 2 sailing, might have the max of 50 non-sailing. We live in Houston, so I'm very excited about everyone being able to be part of the ceremony.

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO:

Getting on the big boat, kissing my honey bunny and tieing the KNOT!

Thanks for the awesome list, FutureMrsC!! I'm looking forward to your review :)

Just out of curiosity, are any of the carnival brides doing the wedding lucheon? I'm doing the lucheon and I have some questions (I know you haven't done it yet, but I want to see if you have any good ideas or suggestions)

A bit about me :)

NAME? Angie

AGE? 25

LINE/SHIP Carnival Splendor

WEDDING PORT Long Beach (LA), California

WEDDING DATE February 19, 2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? Over 3 years. He was my "study-abroad-summer-fling" 5 years ago, but we lost touch and met again coincidentally 3 years ago. Haha I think it was meant to be :p

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? I was planning for a destination wedding in Thailand (I bought my dress for a tropical resort wedding), but it was so hard making everyone happy and my S2B was not excited about Thailand since we've been before. My family and friends are all in the US and all of his are in Korea, so the best compromise was a US cruise wedding for my guests, and another wedding later in the year in Korea for his guests. And I love cruising and traveling! This will be the perfect "destination" wedding for us and we're so excited!

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? 22 guests confirmed for now, 6 of us sailing. I only invited close friends and family because I wanted a very initmate wedding (which is another reason why I chose a "destination" wedding). I wanted to spend time with everyone since I live so far away.

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? The FOOD!! This pre-wedding diet sucks haha! I look at carnival menus in my free time and daydream about all the things I'm going to eat :P I'm looking forward to enjoying 2 hour dinners with wine with my family and I'm excited about all the fun things my man and I will get to do in Mexico

Archived