2012 Cruise Brides

Tasha4199

Now having the captain in the pics would be Awesome! Alas, not an option for us.

That was a big thing for us when we decided on princess. We really liked the idea of being married by the captain while at sea. I hear that som captains even invite the couple to the bridge afterwards. How cool would that be?

Hi all Im a 2012 bride, here are my vitals

Name: Julie by birth, Julz to my friends and Doopie to my future step-son ( a nick name he gave me when he was 2 y/o)

Time we have been together: 14 years (yes it's been a long time. He told me today that he heard the Beyonce song and figured he had better put a ring on it, I laughter so hard I almost pee'd)

Line/Ship: carnival Miracle

Date: July 1, 2012

Why did we choose a cruise wedding: The Miracle is our second home. We absolutely LOVE her. We love cruising and we are so unconventional that we didn't want to get married in a wedding factory. I also liked that I don't have to do much planning.

Wedding port: New York

I haven't started dress shopping yet, but I found the best unique invites. If you haven't found yours yet check out serendipity beyond design. They make awesome passport invites and they are designing me an RSVP card that looks like a Carnival sail & sign card.

Is anyone doing an OOT bag?

• 2 weeks later...

NAME? Kim

AGE? 30

LINE/SHIP Carnival Pride

WEDDING PORT Baltimore, MD

WEDDING DATE April 8, 2012 (just booked it today!)

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? 1 year

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? This is my second marriage and I wanted something small this time. My fiance also wanted something small. Think it will be beautiful!

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? Probably 20 all non-sailing.

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? Marrying the man of my dreams! Oh, yeah and the cruise! LOL

I have seen pictures and read on the boards that some officiants stand to the side during the ceremony so that the bride and groom face the guest. Does anyone other than me have a problem with this? Both me and FI are shy and I just think it would be better if we were not facing our guests. Plus the officiant always stands behing the bride and groom and I think the pictures may look funny if he/she is not behind us... I hate not knowing who will officiate our wedding, otherwise I probably wouldn't be having this issue.

I'm not sure but this may be a Caribbean thing. My first wedding was in Jamaica and the minister stood to the side like that. I had no idea he was going to so I didn't have a chance to say anything against it, but I didn't like it. Not just because of the pictures, but because we were having a religious ceremony and I found it odd that the minister, who speaks the word of God during the ceremony, wasn't standing in the center between us. He was off to the side and I found myself staring at his tie the whole time. It was a pretty cool tie, but I felt like I had to look at him instead of who I was marrying. If you can, I'd say something ahead of time and make sure this doesn't happen! It is very strange!

I don't have anything booked yet since I am looking to get married in September 2013, but just wanted to say that I am so glad you guys are here. Now I can read reviews and get ideas from you all so I can know what to expect!

Due to some family obligations and time needed to save money, we are looking at the Carnival Ecstasy possibly in September 2013 with a wedding on the ship when it is in port at Half Moon Cay. Just waiting for the 2013 itineraries to get to September of 2013 (it is now on May) so that I can book my wedding quick!!

Just wanted to say hi and not feel like a creepy lurker! :D

Hello all!! I am late to the party (story of my life!) but I am a 2012 bride too :) I believe I am one of the first ones actually ... January 8th aboard Carnival Splendor- 7 night Rivera!!! Ahh can't wait to marry my best friend!! Only 34 days ... YIKES! Had my shower today and it all feels so real all the sudden. We will be joined by about 50 sailing guests and another 25 non-sailing ... should be an excellent time!! Look for a lengthy review and some pics next month :D

Congratulations to all of you lovely ladies!!!

Hello all!! I am late to the party (story of my life!) but I am a 2012 bride too :) I believe I am one of the first ones actually ... January 8th aboard Carnival Splendor- 7 night Rivera!!! Ahh can't wait to marry my best friend!! Only 34 days ... YIKES! Had my shower today and it all feels so real all the sudden. We will be joined by about 50 sailing guests and another 25 non-sailing ... should be an excellent time!! Look for a lengthy review and some pics next month :D

Congratulations to all of you lovely ladies!!!

Welcome kaelew! I'm getting married on the Splendor too, one month after you, so I'll be anxiously waiting for your review :D Please update us, can't wait to hear about your wedding!!

Congrats :)!!

Hello fellow 2012 brides!! I have a question as to how you all are planning to travel with your dress. We are flying in a day early and getting married before the ship sets sail. My future mil is concerned about me having to put my dress in a suitcase. Just curious about how everyone is going to travel with thier dress. Thanks!!

You should be able to take your dress as a carry on item on the plane...I've seen lots of other people doing that.

Hi everyone :)

My fiance and I are debating doing a Carnival Cruise wedding in September 2012. We had originally began planning a wedding near us but the pricing quickly became ridiculous so we're thinking about going this route...hoping for a less expensive wedding!

I think we're leaning toward a beach wedding (Bahamas).. I had read about how everything is additional for a beach wedding (transportation, chairs, etc.).. Does anyone have more details about this with roundabout prices?

I switched from a local wedding to a cruise wedding hoping to save money :eek:

Hi everyone :)

My fiance and I are debating doing a Carnival Cruise wedding in September 2012. We had originally began planning a wedding near us but the pricing quickly became ridiculous so we're thinking about going this route...hoping for a less expensive wedding!

I think we're leaning toward a beach wedding (Bahamas).. I had read about how everything is additional for a beach wedding (transportation, chairs, etc.).. Does anyone have more details about this with roundabout prices?

I switched from a local wedding to a cruise wedding hoping to save money :eek:

If you would like to email me I would be glad to tell you about the wedding we are planning in April! Kc91181@yahoo.com

NAME? Adeia

AGE? 30

LINE/SHIP Carnival Destiny 5 day to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman

WEDDING PORT Miami Fl

WEDDING DATE September 8, 2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? High School Sweetheart been together for 14 years

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? I never cruised before wanted something different loved the price.:)

NAME? Brenda

AGE? 30

LINE/SHIP Carnival Dream

WEDDING PORT Port Canaveral

WEDDING DATE June 9, 2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? over 4 years

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? Family & friends are spread out all over US, so no matter what we did people would be traveling. AND we thought it would be fun to spend some extra time with friends and family that we never see while on the cruise.

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? Maybe around 15 sailing (the numbers keep changing as 'life' happens to people) and maybe another 20 non-sailing.

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? This is my first cruise, so I'm just really excited. We didn't really take a vacation this past year, so I'm looking forward to a week of fun and relaxation with my sweetie.

When are you getting married: December, 12 2012

Which cruise line and ship: Carnival Liberty

Type of Cruise Wedding: I am getting married in Puerto Rico through a private wedding planner.

Entertainment: Don't know yet.

Wedding Colors: Don't know yet.

How many guests? So far we have about 20 people, looking at having at least 40.

What do you have done so far?

-Wedding website is completed.

-Cruise chosen, wedding planner chosen.

Currently working on? Emailing Carnival about reception, emailing wedding planner.

Our cruise is 7 days, Bahamas, day at sea, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico and Grand Turk. We'll use the day in Grand Turk as our honeymoon! Then another day at sea.

Name: Sarah

Line/Ship: Carnival Conquest

Port: New Orleans

Date: 04/22/12

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B? 2 years

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? Small Budget and Low stress planning, and I LOVE to cruise...and immediate honeymoon!

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? No sailing guests I hope. (it's my honeymoon) and maybe 20 non-sailing guests

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? Being married to my best friend! (and warm chocolate melting cake)

What better place for my first post than the 2012 Brides thread...

I am getting married on the Norwegian Dawn in Boston, MA on 9/14/2012 before sailing to Bermuda. It is the first cruise for my fiance and I (and for a couple of our sailing guests). So far, we have 11 sailing guests and 34 non-sailing guests - I'm trying to keep that number right where it is, but my fiance has other ideas.

We chose a cruise wedding because it was something different and it is like a destination wedding, but one that our families can come to easily (we are about 1.5 hours from Boston).

I'm in full planning swing this week and although it is easier than a traditional wedding, I can see where I may get overwhelmed quickly....

Archived