2012 Cruise Brides

Tasha4199

Oh good, another on the Crown! Looking forward to Mara's review of the Crown in a few weeks, now I'll have yours to look forward to as well! (Assuming you'll do us the favor of writing one.)

What itinerary are you doing? Mara and I are both western caribbean.

Hi Julie:

We are doing the Southern Caribbean--Curacao and Aruba. Just trying to get the last of our paperwork together for the Bermuda license, so keeping our fingers crossed that we are able to pull this off!

Glad to be in touch with both of you. Already excited for Mara--her big day is soon! I'll be watching the webcam on 20/11/2011 and 4/15/2012!

I will be reviewing and posting pics, but ours is small--just the two of us, so arrangements and details are much easier.

I just saw a fellow soon to be bride on the same ship and date!!

I am getting married on board the Carnival Splendor 2/19/2012!!

I've been trying to find out as much information as possible to prepare for my big day, so excited!!

Hi, FutureMrsB!!! We're getting married on the same day :D

Are you doing the reception? I'll be doing the luncheon, so we'll be in the dining room (no fighting over the disco HAHA)

Looking forward to seeing you on the Splendor!!

I am getting married on the beach in Nassau May 17 2012. We will be on the Carnival Magic. I cannot wait its driving me crazy lol

I'm also doing a Nassau beach wedding! We have not finalized dates just yet, but we are looking at September aboard the Sensation. Do you know which beach you'll be doing it at?

I looked into all the extras also. We really wanted the bamboo arch - $450! For only 15 min. I think we will end up doing it, but those guys are crazy!

Also, there is a past bride on cruise critic who was married at Orange Hill Beach. She has beautiful pictures! We need to share ideas with each other! Happy planning to you!

Hi Julie:

We are doing the Southern Caribbean--Curacao and Aruba. Just trying to get the last of our paperwork together for the Bermuda license, so keeping our fingers crossed that we are able to pull this off!

Glad to be in touch with both of you. Already excited for Mara--her big day is soon! I'll be watching the webcam on 20/11/2011 and 4/15/2012!

I will be reviewing and posting pics, but ours is small--just the two of us, so arrangements and details are much easier.

I still need to figure out when all that is due for me. I expect yours should be due quite soon. Is it 45 days out?

Anyway, I don't think that we'll be on the web cam. I'm doing everything in my power to NOT be married in the chapel. I've only ever seen it on the web cam but from that, I think it's kinda ugly and we don't really have it in our budget to decorate it.

We think ours will be kinda small too. We sent invites to about 150ppl but we think we'll end up with 10 or less as we're being married at sea so our guests have to sail.

There's so few princess brides on here so happy to have found another on the crown!

I still need to figure out when all that is due for me. I expect yours should be due quite soon. Is it 45 days out?

Anyway, I don't think that we'll be on the web cam. I'm doing everything in my power to NOT be married in the chapel. I've only ever seen it on the web cam but from that, I think it's kinda ugly and we don't really have it in our budget to decorate it.

We think ours will be kinda small too. We sent invites to about 150ppl but we think we'll end up with 10 or less as we're being married at sea so our guests have to sail.

There's so few princess brides on here so happy to have found another on the crown!

We turned in most of our paperwork, and are waiting for one last document. The marriage license paperwork is due 60 days before the sail date, so we might be a day or two late. Hoping we won't have to pay the late fee. We have both been married before, so we had to get divorce decrees. That is the snag. Waiting for it to arrive.

Since we won't have anyone with us, we are sending the link to the webcam to our friends and family. The chapel is kind of ugly, but I hope our friends won't notice that ;). I think the captain (Nick Nash) is handsome enough so no one will even be looking at the decor!

Thanks for the link to your wedding site. I signed up there too. Just getting started with my site. http://www.mywedding.com/larryandkathy

I'm also doing a Nassau beach wedding! We have not finalized dates just yet, but we are looking at September aboard the Sensation. Do you know which beach you'll be doing it at?

I looked into all the extras also. We really wanted the bamboo arch - $450! For only 15 min. I think we will end up doing it, but those guys are crazy!

Also, there is a past bride on cruise critic who was married at Orange Hill Beach. She has beautiful pictures! We need to share ideas with each other! Happy planning to you!

:) How cool congrats to you! I am almost positive we will be married at orange beach as well so im gona have to check out her pictures. Ya, the cost adds up fast it is crazy. We were going to do the arch. I cannot believe what a rip off it is, im a little offended by the price honestly, I feel like we are spending so much money already, but its my day and that what I want so ill pay the 450 :rolleyes: lol. We are only having 4 guest so that cuts down on the 12$ chair price lol. I don’t know if any of the other brides realize but when you get married on the beach they charge you a fee for ever extra guest that attends and that’s on top of the package price. They also charge extra for transportation for them to get there lol Ugh It is worth it though. How many guest do you think you will have?

We turned in most of our paperwork, and are waiting for one last document. The marriage license paperwork is due 60 days before the sail date, so we might be a day or two late. Hoping we won't have to pay the late fee. We have both been married before, so we had to get divorce decrees. That is the snag. Waiting for it to arrive.

Since we won't have anyone with us, we are sending the link to the webcam to our friends and family. The chapel is kind of ugly, but I hope our friends won't notice that ;). I think the captain (Nick Nash) is handsome enough so no one will even be looking at the decor!

Thanks for the link to your wedding site. I signed up there too. Just getting started with my site. http://www.mywedding.com/larryandkathy

I agree, the Chapel on the Crown is not all that pretty. I am going to ignore it since the important thing is that I am married at the end of the day. It is so cool that there are some Princess brides on this board. With so many Carnival brides, I sometimes feel lonely.

I sent all my paperwork in 4-5 months in advance and had my final call at 65 days out since everything was finalized and ready to go. I am really surprised that I am just over 2 weeks out and there is not much to do. Everything is done except packing and getting to Florida for the cruise!

JulieRose, do you know who your Captain will be? My cruise is supposed to be Andrew Proctor, but I will not know for sure until next week when I contact Princess to confirm. I have heard great things about Captain Andy and Captain Nash (who also Captains the Crown on some trips)

Ok so questions… what is everyone thing about for their dress? Do you have one yet? Or pic of ones you are thinking about? Please share the pics. Also what are your grooms going to wear? I still do not know for both of us. I want a big dress but have heard that it can be kinda of hard to get around and store a big dress.

dress.jpg.747787713df417be229c1789881a0c60.jpg

Here's my dress!! :D Im hoping because its chiffon and not a huge dress it wont wrinkle and will travel easily. Haven't made a final decision on future hubby's attire yet but we have it down to either a tan suit or khaki dress pants w/ white button up shirt.

mydress.jpg.578813100450b4e5eba17e114b87c8bc.jpg

I am a lost bride! Lol, my mother spilled and told me that my BF asked her and my fathers permission for my hand in marriage (he's so southern old fashioned!) so I'm waiting for the proposal :D Everyone knows we're getting married, its just that obvious, he and I have talked about the minor details and we have agreed on an onboard wedding before sailaway so that our family members can join us. We have been together for well over a year but have been friends since we were 5, we are now both 27 and it still makes us laugh.

I wanted to get married on an Alaskan cruise but don't want to further expense my friends and family as we all live in California and its quite more expensive. SO it will be Mexico again :rolleyes: that's okay, we'll probably do a b2b with my wonderful parents so that we can have a nice slow cruise after the rest of the nuthouse departs :p My name is Val and my (soon to be) fiances name is Chris.

Welcome to the party Val! :D

Love your dress FutureMrsC -- there's something about the one-shoulder looks that is just so elegant. Very pretty!

pinkpumpkin - I like your inspiration dress - very princess and regal! I do wonder though if it would be a pain in the rear to navigate around the ship in a big dress. Maybe if you have someone to follow you and carry your train everywhere to keep it off the floor?

I haven't chosen a dress yet, but I'm completely in love with all the dresses from Dolly Couture. http://www.dollycouture.com/pink-label.html

I just adore how fun and flirty these dresses are. I'm leaning toward the Beverlywood

dolly-couture-wedding-dresses-beverlywood_9.jpg

the Verona

Dolly-Couture---Verona-wedding-dress-1085.jpg

or the Edmonton

edmonton+by+dolly+couture.jpg

Whichever dress I choose, I'm planning on wearing a killer pair of red shoes. ;)

Yikes, those pictures are huge. Sorry -- not sure how to make them smaller?

I look forward to meeting you!

We are doing the "Just for the bride and groom" we have 4 couples that are all sailing with us, we do not have any non sailing guests. We are planning a small dinner reception when we get home for our guests who cannot be with us.

I am feeling a bit lost with everything, I do not like waiting until the last minute to know all the details! So we will be having the ceremony, cake, and pictures and then our group will head to dinner somewhere on the ship.

I am hoping that the entire experience is going to be wonderful. If you have any insight you can share with me I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi, FutureMrsB!!! We're getting married on the same day :D

Are you doing the reception? I'll be doing the luncheon, so we'll be in the dining room (no fighting over the disco HAHA)

Looking forward to seeing you on the Splendor!!

I look forward to meeting you!

We are doing the "Just for the bride and groom" we have 4 couples that are all sailing with us, we do not have any non sailing guests. We are planning a small dinner reception when we get home for our guests who cannot be with us.

I am feeling a bit lost with everything, I do not like waiting until the last minute to know all the details! So we will be having the ceremony, cake, and pictures and then our group will head to dinner somewhere on the ship.

I am hoping that the entire experience is going to be wonderful. If you have any insight you can share with me I would greatly appreciate it.

Most of everything I know is from what I read in this forum :) but here are a few notes I've gathered:

- We'll get priorty boarding before any group which is good because I've read that boarding at Long Beach can get crazy, ie. waiting outside, limited seating-- can't be good for wedding hair and makeup. Though, I've read about people waiting in the Queen Mary's coffee shop next door until the Splendor is ready for boarding.

- The main wedding venue I've read about/ seen in albums is the boardroom (I guess it's a more intimate lounge area). I did read about one bride having it in the El Moroccan Lounge, she had a bigger party but said that lighting wasn't good for pictures. I asked for information about other venues from the wedding agent and she said the Cool Jazz lounge and Robusto Bar are also avalible. I requested the Robusto Bar but no guarantee I'll get it (have to wait till my final call :().

- Many Carnival Brides mentioned eating at the Steakhouse on the first night since everyone is already dressed up and it'll definitely be a nice dinner. I read that you'll get free wine and an pretty empty venue the first night (choice of table). I've thought about this but I don't think we'll be up for a big dinner after our late wedding lunch :rolleyes: but I still plan on wearing my dress to the dining room :D

- Silk flowers-- I didn't get any floral upgrades through Carnival. I bought silk bouquets from wedideas and their prices are reasonable. They've been pretty good with answering questions and sending review photos. If you plan on getting silk flowers, I would order ahead so you can have time to review and make adjustments.

That's all I can think of now, but feel free to ask about anything specific. I can't speak about the wedding from personal experience but I'm pretty much done "planning"-- now just WAITING haha. I don't know if there's a messenger function on this site, but I check the boards pretty often :)

Hello ladies! I'm getting married June 3rd, 2012 on the Carnival Magic.

I'm thinking about doing the luggage tags like some of you ladies have mentioned with vistaprint. I'm going for a vintage theme.

Here is my dress. I am a little worried about the weight of it, but I think it will be fine. I'm getting married on the day we set sail so we will be inside most of the time. As far as storing it and hoping it doesn't get wrinkled, I think it will be fine. I've had it hanging in my closet for 6 months now and it doesn't look wrinkled when I take it out of the bag.

What are all of you ladies doing for your bouquet? Here is mine. I did a mix of fabric, feathers and brooches.

974255171_luggagetagsfront.jpg.26e4a80691545a1928b1633cdb7136c2.jpg

1779783937_luggagetagsback.jpg.9626ac4854744f3e36d5d05adc8433e7.jpg

IMG_4156.jpg.8f7def558c12f3a91f28f16c2bb4034b.jpg

IMG_4157.jpg.a7bc07551653fa815fcd0656ec6fac40.jpg

I'm thinking about doing the luggage tags like some of you ladies have mentioned with vistaprint. I'm going for a vintage theme.

Here is my dress. I am a little worried about the weight of it, but I think it will be fine. I'm getting married on the day we set sail so we will be inside most of the time. As far as storing it and hoping it doesn't get wrinkled, I think it will be fine. I've had it hanging in my closet for 6 months now and it doesn't look wrinkled when I take it out of the bag.

What are all of you ladies doing for your bouquet? Here is mine. I did a mix of fabric, feathers and brooches.

Your dress is beautiful!

I wanted to get married on an Alaskan cruise but don't want to further expense my friends and family as we all live in California and its quite more expensive. SO it will be Mexico again :rolleyes: that's okay, we'll probably do a b2b with my wonderful parents so that we can have a nice slow cruise after the rest of the nuthouse departs :p My name is Val and my (soon to be) fiances name is Chris.

Hi Val! Glad you made it over here. :D

Your dress is amazing! I'm a few days after you, and haven't even begun dress shopping. :o

Congrats Brides!

I'm losing my post virginity with this being my first post on cruise critic :)

We are getting married in 98 days on February 14, 2012 via Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas!

We are super excited. We took our first cruise in 2009 and that is what inspired us to have a cruise wedding. :D

Hi everyone. I'm getting married November 1, 2012 on Lindquist Beach in St. Thomas. We are sailing on the Ruby Princess.

We are using Janelle at Island Bliss Wedding. And our TA is already in contact with the group department for the reception on board.

Thanks to all the past brides and their advices on here!! Amazing!

Lovely--all of it. I love your vintage theme, and the pearls, too!

Congrats!! I am also getting married on Carnival Magic!! Mine is May 20, 2012! Do you live close to Galveston?

:):) your dress is really cute and i love your idea for the luggage tags. I am also a Magic Bride but not until may 17 so pleas share your experience! As far as my bouquet i was just going to use the one included in our package. It is a mix of tropical flowers, we are actually getting married on the beach so it is more fitting. You bouquet is beautiful and totally matches the "vintage theme" you have going on. I never thought of dong my own with fake flowers. Good idea and congrats!!!

769133539_Shipboardblushingbride.jpg.ea2f8f11b720627691188ef6f2389b07.jpg

Welcome to the party Val! :D

Love your dress FutureMrsC -- there's something about the one-shoulder looks that is just so elegant. Very pretty!

pinkpumpkin - I like your inspiration dress - very princess and regal! I do wonder though if it would be a pain in the rear to navigate around the ship in a big dress. Maybe if you have someone to follow you and carry your train everywhere to keep it off the floor?

I haven't chosen a dress yet, but I'm completely in love with all the dresses from Dolly Couture. http://www.dollycouture.com/pink-label.html

I just adore how fun and flirty these dresses are. I'm leaning toward the Beverlywood

dolly-couture-wedding-dresses-beverlywood_9.jpg

the Verona

Dolly-Couture---Verona-wedding-dress-1085.jpg

or the Edmonton

edmonton+by+dolly+couture.jpg

Whichever dress I choose, I'm planning on wearing a killer pair of red shoes. ;)

Yikes, those pictures are huge. Sorry -- not sure how to make them smaller?

:D soooo cute I love them all i totally think the red heals are going to rock. My fave is the Edmonton. I normally lean towards this type of dress but I wanted something a little more "dramatic" lol but I still might go back to a dress like this just because it is cute and totally piratical. I am not going to have a train on the dress, ill have any removed. I did already buy a short white dress that I will change in to after the ceremony for walking around the port and ship and then I think I change back in to the "big" dress for dinner and drinks . At least that is my plan lol. You are right though, I think I will try to go for more of a medium dress so I can actually move lol . this is the pic of my short dress. ....

1378955539_smdress.jpg.77905c2b9b670e7fd3138e22e08e75a4.jpg

Archived