Le Cirque Menu

HollDoll

Just a little search found this from earlier this month:

The first Le Cirque on the Nieuw Amsterdam was on Dec 2, 2010.

And it was excellent!!

The special place settings and decorations had not arrived but the food and service by the Pinnacle staff was great.

The meal was $39 per person and you could buy for $20 per person a special wine offering which was 3 glasses selected for the special dinner.

Each person was first served an Amuse (just like the regular Pinnacle offers). It was Pate Foi Gras -- goose liver mousse with rhubarb chutney -- very good.

The appetizer was Lobster Salad "Le Cirque" -- poached lobster with haricot and citrus (I will post at a later time the recipe foe this)

Soup - Sweet Corn Soup -- prepared table side. On the bottom of the soup bowl were ground corn fritters, wood ear mushrooms and some whole kernals of corn. The corn soup -- nice and thick and very tasty with a hint of basil -- was served from a tureen.

There were 3 choices for the main menu:

Wild Halibut with leek fondue, Rocca Di Fransinello sauce -- DH had this - very flaky and tasty.

Rack of Lamb - goat cheese panisse, artichokes and arugula -- I had this -- excellent -- very tasty and meaty lamb chops -- got 2 big double ones.

Cote de Boeuf - (aged prime rib steak) - horseradish flan, sweet and sour baby beets for two. Can't comment on this.

Side Dishes:

Seasonal vegetables -- DH had them -- a mixture broccoli, summer squash, cauliflower, bamboo shoots, zuccini in a truffle oil -- excellent.

Pommes Dauphine -- I had them -- mashed potatoes made into tiny puffs and quickly fried -- good -- hot and crunchy.

Desserts:

Chocolate Souffle -- we passed on this as we had already had a couple of chocolate souffles in the Pinnacle.

Creme Brulee Le Cirque -- we both had it and loved it -- recipe will be posted at a later time.

Assortment of Sorbets - again we did not try them - so - no comment.

Courtesey of KK.

Just a little search found this from earlier this month:

The first Le Cirque on the Nieuw Amsterdam was on Dec 2, 2010.

And it was excellent!!

The special place settings and decorations had not arrived but the food and service by the Pinnacle staff was great.

The meal was $39 per person and you could buy for $20 per person a special wine offering which was 3 glasses selected for the special dinner.

Each person was first served an Amuse (just like the regular Pinnacle offers). It was Pate Foi Gras -- goose liver mousse with rhubarb chutney -- very good. SAME

The appetizer was Lobster Salad "Le Cirque" -- poached lobster with haricot and citrus (I will post at a later time the recipe foe this) SAME

Soup - Sweet Corn Soup -- prepared table side. On the bottom of the soup bowl were ground corn fritters, wood ear mushrooms and some whole kernals of corn. The corn soup -- nice and thick and very tasty with a hint of basil -- was served from a tureen. CHANGED: it is now a Butternut Squash soup (I have the recipe but will be a week or so before I can convert it and put it on my Recipe Site)

There were 3 choices for the main menu:

Wild Halibut with leek fondue, Rocca Di Fransinello sauce -- DH had this - very flaky and tasty.

Rack of Lamb - goat cheese panisse, artichokes and arugula -- I had this -- excellent -- very tasty and meaty lamb chops -- got 2 big double ones.

Cote de Boeuf - (aged prime rib steak) - horseradish flan, sweet and sour baby beets for two. Can't comment on this.

I do not remember all of the choices, but one change was the Chateaubriand!! OMG!!! it was DELICIOUS!!

Side Dishes:

Seasonal vegetables -- DH had them -- a mixture broccoli, summer squash, cauliflower, bamboo shoots, zuccini in a truffle oil -- excellent. Same and I agree, absolutely delicious!!

Pommes Dauphine -- I had them -- mashed potatoes made into tiny puffs and quickly fried -- good -- hot and crunchy. Did not see these as offerings, but they may still be.

Desserts:

Chocolate Souffle -- we passed on this as we had already had a couple of chocolate souffles in the Pinnacle.

Creme Brulee Le Cirque -- we both had it and loved it -- recipe will be posted at a later time. Same

Assortment of Sorbets - again we did not try them - so - no comment. Same

Courtesey of KK.

I wish I could remember all of the entrees but as soon as I saw Chateaubriand I stopped looking at the menu:)

Joanie

When I booked my Ryndam PG reservarion days ago I didn't see the Circque night offered on that sailing. Does it get added closer to sailing or is it not being offered at all on this ship or itinerary. Anyone know?

I enjoyed Cirque this past Jan. on Eurodam and thought about trying it again, though the PG is still plenty good enough food for me.

When I booked my Ryndam PG reservarion days ago I didn't see the Circque night offered on that sailing. Does it get added closer to sailing or is it not being offered at all on this ship or itinerary. Anyone know?

I enjoyed Cirque this past Jan. on Eurodam and thought about trying it again, though the PG is still plenty good enough food for me.

It never changed from PG (and Regular PG pricing to Le Cirque and it's higher price) on the HAL site at all for us. I booked the 2nd formal night in PG and discovered afterwards (I think here on the CC Boards) that it would be Le Cirque, which made me happy.)

Joanie

The link to a blog containing the new menu was posted here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=29775815&postcount=5

(Or I might as well post the direct link to the menu, apologies to the OP):

http://foxyterrier.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/lecirque-revised-menu.pdf

Thank you -- I am glad you gave the second link -- y security system wouldn't let the first open up.

It never changed from PG (and Regular PG pricing to Le Cirque and it's higher price) on the HAL site at all for us. I booked the 2nd formal night in PG and discovered afterwards (I think here on the CC Boards) that it would be Le Cirque, which made me happy.)

Joanie

Thanks Joanie. I may see about doing Cirque again but will likely stick with PG for a change. It's all good. :)

Le Cirque menu we enjoyed is as follows. We were on the Eurodam Baltic/North Atlantic Repositioning Cruise (Aug. 12-Sep. 10, 2011)

SALAD

Lobster Salad Le Cirque

(poaches lobster with haricots vert and citrus)

SOUP

Sweet Corn Soup

(corn fritters, wood ear mushrooms and basil)

CHOICE OF ENTREE

Wild Halibut

(leek fondue; Rocca di Frasinello sauce)

Rack of Lamb

(goat cheese; artichokes and arugula)

Cote de Boeuf

(aged prime rib strip steak

horseradish flan; sweet and sour baby beets for two)

Seasonal vegetables; Pommes Dauphine

CHOICE OF DESSERT

Chocolate Souffle

Creme Brulee de Cirque

Assortment of Sorbets

Le Cirque menu we enjoyed is as follows. We were on the Eurodam Baltic/North Atlantic Repositioning Cruise (Aug. 12-Sep. 10, 2011)

SALAD

Lobster Salad Le Cirque

(poaches lobster with haricots vert and citrus)

SOUP

Sweet Corn Soup

(corn fritters, wood ear mushrooms and basil)

CHOICE OF ENTREE

Wild Halibut

(leek fondue; Rocca di Frasinello sauce)

Rack of Lamb

(goat cheese; artichokes and arugula)

Cote de Boeuf

(aged prime rib strip steak

horseradish flan; sweet and sour baby beets for two)

Seasonal vegetables; Pommes Dauphine

CHOICE OF DESSERT

Chocolate Souffle

Creme Brulee de Cirque

Assortment of Sorbets

That looks to be the old Le Cirque menu.

There is a link above for the newest menu.

Do some of the ships still use the old menu, and some the new menu? The new menu looks like there are more choices. Will all the ships be changing over soon to the new menu?

It was that way this summer, the Rotterdam was still on the old menu in June while several other ships were on the new menu.

Kirk

Archived