Pre- & Post- Cruise Experience Failing for UK Pax

nuneham

Many years ago, my TA told me to never take the air/hotel/transfer package for a cruise - they are in the cruise business, not the travel business, and do not do the pre/post well, and it will cost more than it needs to. Especially because I am not flying from the US.

I have found that to be very true - I usually get a price, and have never used it - my travel agent - or I book better flights/hotels and transfers, that are more direct, and cheaper. They go when I want, and I know my seat, and the name and location of the hotel well in advance.

I cruise 2 to 3 times a year, and have never had a poor hotel/transfer or flight, and if I use points, usually fly business each time for only the cost of the taxes.

Enjoy your cruises!!! They are the best part, especially on Azamara!!!:)

As you are flying, it is probably a good idea to leave the Azamara tags (if you do get them in time) off your cases until you reach your final destinations, airlines have a habit of removing or destroying tags!!!

I was advised the opposite. If you have spares (we had loads), DO put them on for your flights in case the airline loses your luggage - then it has more chance of being sent on to the ship. Am not sure if this works in practise but is what we were advised.:cool:

Thanks Andy but this is something else that doesn't appear to work in the UK. I completed and printed my e-pass three months ago and we have 19 days to boarding Journey but there is no button to press. Az in the UK pointed me toward my TA and then my TA said that Azamara hasn't been able to supply tags because they are having system problems. I know I can get them at the pier, but I like to have everything neat and sorted before leaving home. Alan.
Whilst RCI and X have turned to paper documentation, you can still call and request a 'proper' colour printed ticket booklet for ACC cruises - and in the middle of said booklet is a sheet of the proper sticky plastic backed bag tags, ready printed. As you go in 19 days there is still time to order this. I ordered this for my last cruise, purely to get the bag tags.

I was advised the opposite. If you have spares (we had loads), DO put them on for your flights in case the airline loses your luggage - then it has more chance of being sent on to the ship. Am not sure if this works in practise but is what we were advised.:cool:
I don't think you should ever put the ship bag tags on your luggage before a flight - I have heard that the ship's bar code on it sometimes messes with the airline bar code and could route your luggage to Timbuktu :)

I don't think you should ever put the ship bag tags on your luggage before a flight - I have heard that the ship's bar code on it sometimes messes with the airline bar code and could route your luggage to Timbuktu :)

Yes that is the advice I have had as well

Joecors -

f you are flying with British Airways you can book this assistance online - just go to the "Manage My Booking" section on the website. You will need your flight booking ref though.

Have been there a number of times using the Record Locator (even got the T-shirt) and for some reason, maybe because it is a block booking the BA computer says "No" or in other words, has no facility for doing what you suggest.

I have been through my TA and the RCCL flights. dept.

The following extract from a reply to my enquiry by RCCL is quite clear:

The flights assigned to your cruise booking, are part of a group allocation

we have taken with British Airways. Thus meaning that normally all check in and seat requests can only be actioned at the airport.

The underlining is my action.

Joecors -

f you are flying with British Airways you can book this assistance online - just go to the "Manage My Booking" section on the website. You will need your flight booking ref though.

Have been there a number of times using the Record Locator (even got the T-shirt) and for some reason, maybe because it is a block booking the BA computer says "No" or in other words, has no facility for doing what you suggest.

I have been through my TA and the RCCL flights. dept.

The following extract from a reply to my enquiry by RCCL is quite clear:

The flights assigned to your cruise booking, are part of a group allocation

we have taken with British Airways. Thus meaning that normally all check in and seat requests can only be actioned at the airport.

The underlining is my action.

Would it be worth your while to phone BA customer services to request special services?

• 1 month later...
Hello Nuneham and other UK Azamara Followers,

I think I understand you’re conflicted feelings about dealing with Azamara Club Cruises: the onboard experience excels while the pre-cruise operation fails. I’m sorry for your frustration and I realize that we’ve been discussing this issue since November 2010.

I will present your challenge -What are you going to do about it and how quickly? – to the executive management team in the US and UK. I will prepare a summary of your issues for them to review so that they are able to understand that you’re almost out of patience and that you do not know how much longer you will be able to continue accepting the negative UK shoreside experiences that you’ve reported.

Last November, I mentioned that Azamara operates through “Shared Services” for our “Tri-Branded” Products.

All of our offices, including the US and UK, are responsible to provide services for Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd’s three brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises. It is this concept of “shared services” for the three brands that provides the corporation with cost advantages and marketing economies of scale but at the same time - operating challenges.

Therein lays the issue – shore excursions and pre-cruise hotel blocked inventory are planned and managed in Miami, I believe. I’m not sure whether the UK or Miami operation put together the hotel package that Zennor experienced with the “Complimentary Hotel Offer” in Venice in which the Venice hotel was far from the city.

I will need more time to work with those concerned in Miami and the UK so that they can find the breakdowns in the process and then begin to reformulate their respective operations to function in unison. Only then can we improve the services for our valued UK guests.

I will keep all of you up to date on the progress of this initiative.

I’m very grateful for your dedication to Azamara Club Cruises and I’m hopeful that very soon you’ll be able to notice a discernable improvement.

As I’ve said before, we want to deliver a seamless satisfying experience for our guests on land and sea when they plan and vacation with Azamara Club Cruises.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Nuneham and all UK Azamara Followers –

The conclusion to this thread begins on a new Sticky thread: Important update about azamara's uk operation / http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1515494

I’m confident that new “Azamara Ambassadors” program will be the starting point for each of you to receive improved and caring service from the dedicated team in the UK.

Your determination and patience paid off!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Archived