Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Where are some good places to find quality rhinestone type jewelry? I'm also looking for some rhinestone shoe clips to dress up some of my shoes. What type of jewelry is popular during formal nights?

And do those people who have fab fine jewels still take them on cruises or do they have their costume "cruise" jewelry? I have some nice pieces I would love to take (I so infrequently get to wear them) but I will be running around England and Ireland inbetween and won't always have a safe, etc.

My mom is not taking her 10K + diamnond on our cruise in Europe this summer but will take her diamond earings and some other pieces, but in general she takes amazing replicas, etc. She has gotten some amazing pieces on HSN and QVC and has also gifted me some. I am a very simplistic in my taste. I have some bling I wiill take to dress up but my favorite pieces are made by a friend of mine who creates amazing hand made glass pieces. I have several pendants she made and a gorgeous one of kind bracelet she made for me.

Sharon

What concerns me about replicas is that the thieves won't have jewelry loups with them to identify real vs fake. Although the financial loss would be less, I'd feel just as vulnerable wearing fakes as I would wearing real.

If I'm concerned going ashore, I wear inexpensive silver earrings that wouldn't tempt a thief,

Bought 2 fun dresses yesterday at JCPenney on clearance~ The black one was $15 and the sequin one was $10~ I'll be wearing the sequin one to the Miss USA Pageant this Sunday in Vegas and then both of them on our 2~ 4day cruises next month on NCL~ Ignore how bad I look, took these in the dressing room! :p

That's a lot of va-va-voom for $25! Good job! You look great!! :)

Bought 2 fun dresses yesterday at JCPenney on clearance~ The black one was $15 and the sequin one was $10~ I'll be wearing the sequin one to the Miss USA Pageant this Sunday in Vegas and then both of them on our 2~ 4day cruises next month on NCL~ Ignore how bad I look, took these in the dressing room! :p

e22a7a5c-1696-4229-a873-d178214c92e6.jpg

3b03f67d-e5b7-4d8f-a51c-bd27a28ffb8e.jpg

Oh, they are so lovely. You look good in them even in your dressing room.:)

You have good toned arms and good legs. Oh! to be young again.:D

Enjoy wearing them they look great and have a fun time.

If we are mostly cruising, I take my 'good' jewelry--I don't have a lot, but my wedding set especially is pretty pricey--and wear it on the ship, keeping it in the safe when not being worn.

I almost never wear really expensive jewelry--or fakes that look like expensive jewelry--on shore except in ports I feel are very, very safe, even my wedding set. It's just not worth the risk to me.

If I am doing a land tour, depending on where, I often just wear a gold band, that way I don't have to worry about possible loss or theft.

I always wear my wedding ring (plain gold band) and engagement ring (diamond is <1 carat) unless I'm required to remove them for surgery.

When we got engaged in 1969, DH suggested that I pick something I really liked because, even though he might someday be able to buy me expensive jewelry, he wouldn't "upgrade" my wedding or engagement ring. I liked his sentimentality, so that was fine with me.

Just a quick reply to a few posts.

Marie, that was a real nice thing to do. It is good to give something back in life.

People still wear yellow gold. It is all a matter of taste what one prefers.

I also play down the question, "is it real" by saying I wish. It is actually rude of people to comment but hey! this is how it is.

I never wear any decent jewellery when going ashore in certain parts of the world. I wear some cheap costume just so

I don't feel too undressed.

It is amazing how many people do not heed the warnings given. In Salvadore this year we were told do not wear anything expensive. So what did some folks do? Went ashore and got mugged.

One lady had her necklace ripped from her throat. After she told me, well

I have never taken it off in 21year so thought that made it ok.

Maggie,

I, too am careful when in port or traveling around. We were accosted by some gypsy ladies in Santa Margarita Ligure in Italy at the train station. One was holding a couple month of baby in her arms, but each had their hands inside my and my DH's bags as we ran and tried to get up the steps into the train. My bag, which I was holding close. was the one with my good jewelry including several 18kt gold italian bracelets I had just bought. I have purchased some great jewelry in Italy. Gotta love Ponte Vecchio!

Luckily I was ready for them and screamed at them and they got nothing...

I usually wear my sterling jewelry during the day, especially when in port in a warm climate and I feel safer.

Debbie

Just a post re going to Barcelona. Famous there for slashing your bags.

I have a security bag I use when going ashore. Bought it on AMAZON! called PAC SAFE.

It is slash proof and the strap is also slash proof as there is mesh inside that can not be cut through.

They are not expensive and they make different designs although they are not glam but practical and secure.

Maggie,

I, too am careful when in port or traveling around. We were accosted by some gypsy ladies in Santa Margarita Ligure in Italy at the train station. One was holding a couple month of baby in her arms, but each had their hands inside my and my DH's bags as we ran and tried to get up the steps into the train. My bag, which I was holding close. was the one with my good jewelry including several 18kt gold italian bracelets I had just bought. I have purchased some great jewelry in Italy. Gotta love Ponte Vecchio!

Luckily I was ready for them and screamed at them and they got nothing...

I usually wear my sterling jewelry during the day, especially when in port in a warm climate and I feel safer.

Debbie

Scary stuff you were brave and lucky.

I have a security bag I use when going ashore. Bought it on AMAZON! called PAC SAFE.

It is slash proof and the strap is also slash proof as there is mesh inside that can not be cut through.

They are not expensive and they make different designs although they are not glam but practical and secure.

I have two PAC SAFE bags that I love. Just bought the cross body CitySafe 200 in plum to use as my carryon tote and port bag for our B2B and I've had a smaller sage green cross body purse for about 4 years. My SIL borrowed it for her Greece trip two summers ago. They're great to wear at sporting event and concerts; anywhere there are lots of people because of the zipper latches prevent roving fingers.

I don't really have valuable jewelry to carry, it's just not important to me to own it. I tell DH that he got lucky in that way, other than my engagement ring which is around a 1/2 carat or less because I have small hands. My passport, credit cards and all my vacation photos are what I'm protecting.

As you said they are not glam, but I don't go for blinged out bags myself. My every day purses are mostly coloured leather in classic styles.

Love all your custom made clothes Maggiemou. Really liked the black pants with the 3 colour strapless top.

Edited by KandCsailing

Sorry kids, I'm going to try this picture thing again. Maybe I can get it to work this time. My girls were 9 & just 11 in these pictures.

csl1204098x10grandstair.th.jpg

csl1204138x10ship2nd377.th.jpg

csl1204138x10hidgardenc.th.jpg

Thanks everyone. The girls were thrilled with your comments. We always try to color coordinate for photographs. They are already trying to pick dresses for the spring break 2014 cruise we are taking them on. We also did a black and white night, but they had the kids on the floor in all of the pictures so you can't see how darling their dresses were.

I just bought one of these for my upcoming trip to the Baltics.

Oh, they are so lovely. You look good in them even in your dressing room.:)

You have good toned arms and good legs. Oh! to be young again.:D

Enjoy wearing them they look great and have a fun time.

Thank you ~and I'm not as young as you probably think...I'm 45~! Looking forward to wearing them both and having a blast!

That's a lot of va-va-voom for $25! Good job! You look great!! :)

Thank you for the compliment~ I was very pleased with the price too!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371057328.522563.jpg.9fb1f434fd9e222e92da3b7d31543f1a.jpg

Finally snapped a pic of the 2 dresses from Marshall's over the weekend. Both are getting altered now.

The blue hit me mid calf and gaped in the front so it is going to be right above the knee and top tightened up. The black one just needs the shoulders taken up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371057317.303554.jpg.2dbeda866c525a701c88ba8d108debc0.jpg

I always wear my wedding ring (plain gold band) and engagement ring (diamond is <1 carat) unless I'm required to remove them for surgery.

When we got engaged in 1969, DH suggested that I pick something I really liked because, even though he might someday be able to buy me expensive jewelry, he wouldn't "upgrade" my wedding or engagement ring. I liked his sentimentality, so that was fine with me.

I love that way of thinking -- I find it romantic.

Hi

I just bought this dress for my Hawaiian cruise. My husband and I will be renewing our vows on a beach in Maui so I thought I would wear this.

A perfect choice for a Hawaiian beach wedding. :)

Hi

I just bought this dress for my Hawaiian cruise. My husband and I will be renewing our vows on a beach in Maui so I thought I would wear this.

Gorgeous dress and perfect for Hawaii. I can see it fluttering in a light beach breeze. You need to post a picture after your renewal ceremony.