Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

MARINERS BALL

EGYPTIAN BALL.

QM2APRIL2012233.jpg

Hi Maggiemou,

You look fantastic! I love all your out fits! I am looking at this picture of you, I think I remember you on Queen Victoria 2009 world cruise. Were you there?

I am sorry I will miss you next year WC on Queen Victoria. We are going to book 2015 WC combine QM2 and QE or QM2 and QV. Perhape I will see you then :).

I am having so much fun shopping for next year.

Have a great day.

Marie

Hi Marie, No, we were on QV in 2008 and 2009 we were on QM2. Small world all the same. We are doing QE in 2014, not got to thinking the year after as yet. It will be Cunard all the same.

I am also having fun shopping for the next cruise in 2014 and I have just ordered an Elizabethean dress to be made for the ball. Plus a few other things including things for my husband. Found some fab shoes for black & white night.

Take care Maggie.

Alas, Marie is on QV. It would have been a real treat to have them both on the same ship!

I am really looking forward to seeing all of Maggiemou's outfits in person.

Ah, I got my Queens mixed up.

Actually you sound like great fun scrapnana and maybe we will cross paths one day. You will really like Whitemarsh, he is such fun and very nice too.

Every time I say I am never going into Ross again I read about all of the great finds on here. I am going to go to a different Ross than the one near me and see if that makes a difference.

Perhaps you have already mentioned this in a previous post I have not seen, but why do you dislike your local Ross? Did you have a bad experience?

Perhaps you have already mentioned this in a previous post I have not seen, but why do you dislike your local Ross? Did you have a bad experience?

No bad experience, it's just I can never find anything I like in my size. The store is not real inviting with lots of empty shelves and racks and things scattered around unappealingly (is that a word?). I am going to try another one because I am impressed with the good buys people on here find. I am hoping it is just a matter of location.

Edited by Scrapnana

Ah, I got my Queens mixed up.

Actually you sound like great fun scrapnana and maybe we will cross paths one day. You will really like Whitemarsh, he is such fun and very nice too.

Thanks, Pushka!

I am looking forward to meeting Whitemarsh. I have enjoyed his "Live" reports and he sounds like he would be a lot of fun. He is organizing some of our meet and greets and maggiemou is doing the others.

No bad experience, it's just I can never find anything I like in my size. The store is not real inviting with lots of empty shelves and racks and things scattered around unappealingly (is that a word?). I am going to try another one because I am impressed with the good buys people on here find. I am hoping it is just a matter of location.

I feel the same way. I also find that Ross sells a lot of cheaply made clothes and things that might have been stylish 2 yrs ago. I recently found a nice navy blue evening gown (Lauren or CK) but it was damaged. I do have to say though that the one by the Fort Lauderdale port is probably the nicest that I've seen.

Edited by royalcruz

The ones near me are usually bare also...I even asked a sales associate if they were going out of business b/c it was so empty but she said no. I usually stick to TJ Maxx and Marshall's. They're always well stocked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ones near me are usually bare also...I even asked a sales associate if they were going out of business b/c it was so empty but she said no. I usually stick to TJ Maxx and Marshall's. They're always well stocked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had some luck at TJMaxx and at Marshall's. Burlington Coat Factory has also been good - especially for evening tops and jackets.

I love TJ's, Marshalls and Burlington Coat Factory and have bought many things from clothes to handbags at amazing prices in these stores.

Bathing suit prices are at least 50 or 60% less than in department stores....now I sound like a commercial but it's true. :D

I used to feel the exact same way about Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshall's until I had some time on my hands and realized you need to dig to find the good stuff, especially the dresses.

Some stores are better than others, too. The ones near my mom in Miami are fabulous but the ones in NYC are terrible! I don't know if it's because the good stuff gets snatched quicker or what...

Cruz4ever - I totally agree about the bathing suits, especially bikinis! I love that they're one price for the set instead of separate. They also carry the same brands as Macy's and other dept stores!

I've had a successful day!

I found 2 dresses at Marshalls for $20 each - Navy Evan Picone & Black and Gold Sequin Laundry dress. Both need a little alteration but nothing too big. I'll take some photos later as they are still in the car. Nothing from TJ Maxx today.

I also bought my first ever-pretty dress from ebay & a clutch.

1f54b742a3fcb1522bb0f391ba53b09e.jpg

a7fa705471b232eccb6ea6306a3484bd.jpg

I have a question for you ladies. I'm going on an RCI Canada/New England cruise this year in the fall and Cunard TA next year.

Both of these will probably be a bit more formal in general as they are not Caribbean, etc. (My last cruise was a med/island cruise)

Where are some good places to find quality rhinestone type jewelry? I'm also looking for some rhinestone shoe clips to dress up some of my shoes. What type of jewelry is popular during formal nights?

And do those people who have fab fine jewels still take them on cruises or do they have their costume "cruise" jewelry? I have some nice pieces I would love to take (I so infrequently get to wear them) but I will be running around England and Ireland inbetween and won't always have a safe, etc.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Debbie

If you don't want to spend a fortune on jewelry, but like to add bling, then I recommend Sam Moon. I have some fantastic jewelry from there. Many people on these boards recommend Charming Charlie also. I don't think you can buy online from them, so there needs to be a store near you.

Don't rule out Etsy. Many items are handmade, and the prices are very well also. In the attached picture, I'm wearing a necklace I purchased on Etsy for something like $15.00, and I love that it is one of a kind.

greendress.jpg

Laurie,

Charming Charlies - what a great idea and I do have one nearby, so that works! I'm not sure what Sam Moon is, but I will research! LOL

I love your dress although I can't see the necklace in too much detail, I agree that one of a kind is a great way to go!

I love seeing what everyone is wearing/buying for their cruises!

Debbie

You were a busy shopper. Are you going to get the dresses altered in time for your next cruise?

They'll be altered in time for my Baltics cruise. My husband picked on out so it definitely will have to come. He is as much an enabler when it comes to shopping as I am. :D

The clutch is from Ever-Pretty on ebay as well. $24 with free shipping.

I have a question for you ladies. I'm going on an RCI Canada/New England cruise this year in the fall and Cunard TA next year.

Both of these will probably be a bit more formal in general as they are not Caribbean, etc. (My last cruise was a med/island cruise)

Where are some good places to find quality rhinestone type jewelry? I'm also looking for some rhinestone shoe clips to dress up some of my shoes. What type of jewelry is popular during formal nights?

And do those people who have fab fine jewels still take them on cruises or do they have their costume "cruise" jewelry? I have some nice pieces I would love to take (I so infrequently get to wear them) but I will be running around England and Ireland inbetween and won't always have a safe, etc.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Debbie

I usually bring costume stuff. I don't have a lot of nice jewelry as I don't wear it and would rather have shoes and handbags for that amount of money. Different Strokes for Different Folks. What little I had was ex-boyfriend jewelry that I sold at a pawn shop yesterday. lol

I've never looked at the rhinestone type jewelry at Charming Charlies so I'll have to check it out. I've also never been to Sam Moon but I think we have a store here in Houston. I'll check online first.

I like Charming Charlies for cruise things. If you need just the right color jewelry/purse/shawl/etc. it is so easy to find. The prices are good, too.

I am going to be taking a mixture of my good and fashion jewelry with me on my next cruise. Now that I am retired I don't wear jewelry everyday. So what am I saving my jewelry for? If I take it and lose it I will not be devastated. I have a feeling that many people on a cruise do have some kind of mixture between the real and the fake.

Laurie,

Cute necklace!

I will probably only be wearing necklaces in the evenings so hopefully the sunscreen won't be an issue (plus New England in September - not sure how much sun there will be!) LOL

I just found (in my closet) a cute rhinestone and white metal wide bracelet that I bought for a holiday party last year - I think it is just the type of thing I will need and I had forgotten all about it. I need to dig through my things and then determine what I will need.

I'm thinking Charming Charlies will have some wraps that will work for formal nights as well.

This is probably a silly question but are there any websites that show cruise apparel, wardrobes, ideas, etc.? My last cruise was almost two years ago and a more casual itinerary and I want to know what the latest styles are for cruising and formal night.

Debbie

Edited by Debinnova

I like Charming Charlies for cruise things. If you need just the right color jewelry/purse/shawl/etc. it is so easy to find. The prices are good, too.

I am going to be taking a mixture of my good and fashion jewelry with me on my next cruise. Now that I am retired I don't wear jewelry everyday. So what am I saving my jewelry for? If I take it and lose it I will not be devastated. I have a feeling that many people on a cruise do have some kind of mixture between the real and the fake.

Is Charming Charlies a store? Sounds as if they have nice things.

I am very much a Magpie. I have hoarded my jewellery over the years. I have tons of what I call junk jewellery.

Well, not really junk but costume, Some better than others and I just love collecting.

I have saved things for over 40 years. I love powder compacts and lipstick cases like they used to make with diamonte in the cap.

I have got rid of alot over the past few years but, somethings I hang onto. Like my Queen Mary powder compact and my QE2 powder compact from the 1950's.

I do take costume jewellery on a cruise and wear it mainly during the day or sometimes on an evening. I like silver for daytime and white gold on an evening as I never wear yellow gold as it does not suit me.

I do however, take my real stuff as I feel if you have got it you may as well wear it, as life is too short to worry about it been left in the safe all the time. I just have to be careful when travelling as you are more vunerable at these times. I always keep my things in a carry on case.