Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Well, don't know how I never found this thread before as I am a clothes and shoes addict.

I do longer cruises like world cruises as I live in Cyprus so like to make a longer vacation as we have to get to the UK or USA to join a ship.

All of my formal wear is made to measure for me here in Cyprus. I buy Karen Miilen for other shorter dresses.

I like to cruise on Cunard as I can dress up and I love the themed nights on a world cruise. I am not adversed to getting myself dressed up for a giggle either and do this in port or at sail away parties.

Thai silk dress bought the fabric in Phuket last year.sanfran095_zps325fc808.jpg

Dressed for a sailaway. No guessing where I was.

LAVALAVA119_zpsc4d6bc13.jpg

Silk dress. Ignore the arm i had a broken wrist but manage d to co- ordinate sling with dress.

th_LAVALAVA010_zpsf758a9db.jpg

silk trousers and top made for me here in Cyprus.

falklandsHorn005_zps4443d8d9.jpg

Silk suit made for me for a visit to Buckingham Palace, but wore it also on QM2 to Reids Palace Hotel in Maderia

DSC01551.jpg

Edited by maggiemou

Well, don't know how I never found this thread before as I am a clothes and shoes addict.

I do longer cruises like world cruises as I live in Cyprus so like to make a longer vacation as we have to get to the UK or USA to join a ship.

All of my formal wear is made to measure for me here in Cyprus. I buy Karen Miilen for other shorter dresses.

I like to cruise on Cunard as I can dress up and I love the themed nights on a world cruise. I am not adversed to getting myself dressed up for a giggle either and do this in port or at sail away parties.

Thai silk dress bought the fabric in Phuket last year.sanfran095_zps325fc808.jpg

LAVALAVA119_zpsc4d6bc13.jpg

Silk dress. Ignore the arm i had a broken wrist but manage d to co- ordinate sling with dress.

th_LAVALAVA010_zpsf758a9db.jpg

falklandsHorn005_zps4443d8d9.jpg

Silk suit made for me for a visit to Buckingham Palace, but wore it also on QM2 to Reids Palace Hotel in Maderia

DSC01551.jpg

Hi Maggiemou and welcome to the fashion thread!

Thanks for posting these pictures of your dresses....you look stunning!

I especially love the first gown!

Thank you I do like to dress up and I really enjoy getting ready as much as anything. I am a hairdresser so love making my hair into different looks and the make up to to go with it.

At home I am so undressed you would not beleive it! I live in swimwear and tops and crops. So it is good to dress up now and again.:)

India night.

QM2APRIL2012009.jpg

This an off the peg dress inexpensive but I liked it.

DSC01563.jpg

and another

QM2WORLDCRUISE2012243.jpg

Had this made in Shanghai along with the blue one in previous photos.

orientalnightdress030.jpg

Maggiemou,

Loved all your outfits & you look great in them. I especially like the "purple suit", looks FAB ! :D Also, welcome to this thread. :)

Thank you and I still don't know how I missed it, but I admit I really only read the rolls calls on CC if I am heading on a cruise. I am going on QE again next year World cruise so the dresses will get an outting :)

The suit you admire was made for me and had a fantastic hat that cost a small fortune I still have it, as you do, but not worn it since. It was HUGE! But hey! we were to meet the Queen of England so you can be OTT I guess.

The dress "cruz4evr" admired was made for me. I design my own stlyes.

I wore it for my birthday this year on a world cruise, and yes I am well over 60.;)

Now heding towards the seven zeros, but we have to keep up appearences and standards so I never do casual when on a cruise , other than during the day of course.;);)

Thank you and I still don't know how I missed it, but I admit I really only read the rolls calls on CC if I am heading on a cruise. I am going on QE again next year World cruise so the dresses will get an outting :)

The suit you admire was made for me and had a fantastic hat that cost a small fortune I still have it, as you do, but not worn it since. It was HUGE! But hey! we were to meet the Queen of England so you can be OTT I guess.

The dress "cruz4evr" admired was made for me. I design my own stlyes.

I wore it for my birthday this year on a world cruise, and yes I am well over 60.;)

Now heding towards the seven zeros, but we have to keep up appearences and standards so I never do casual when on a cruise , other than during the day of course.;);)

Maggiemou, all of your dresses in the second set are gorgeous as well and you look beautiful in them. What a talent you have designing your own styles! If you have any other pictures, I am sure all of us here would enjoy seeing them! :)

Thai silk dress bought the fabric in Phuket last year.

I like to cruise on Cunard as I can dress up and I love the themed nights on a world cruise

Oh my... I like you :). I too, like to cruise on Cunnard and like to dress up for theme nights. This is me on this year world cruise on Qeen Mary2. I am going next year world cruise on Queen Victoria. How about you?

Marie

Carnival Ball

8745987231_03d9e40e00_c.jpg

African Ball

8745966389_94f0d14746_c.jpg

Raj Ball

8747117986_bf7ca16fe6_z.jpg

Egyptain Ball

8747117852_6ed4d8f99e_z.jpg

Neptune Ball

8747113066_9675a56859_z.jpg

Hi Judy, Are you getting a lot of rain from that Tropical Storm named after me?

Well, yes we are! But we really need the rain, not so much the "tornadoes" tho. :eek: Had one go through Gulfport (near St. Petersburg) that did some damage but no one hurt, thank heavens. :) Thanks for thinking of us.:D

Maggie and Marie - Love seeing you ladies in the beautiful dresses - especially the themed balls, etc. Marie, you look amazing in that carnival costume - wow! And now you have found a like-minded alter ego in Maggie! Can't believe you too haven't met on a cruise! LOL

Debbie

Oh my... I like you :). I too, like to cruise on Cunnard and like to dress up for theme nights. This is me on this year world cruise on Qeen Mary2. I am going next year world cruise on Queen Victoria. How about you?

Marie

Carnival Ball

8745987231_03d9e40e00_c.jpg

African Ball

8745966389_94f0d14746_c.jpg

Raj Ball

8747117986_bf7ca16fe6_z.jpg

Egyptain Ball

8747117852_6ed4d8f99e_z.jpg

Neptune Ball

8747113066_9675a56859_z.jpg

Wow! Marie, you look AMAZING, FAB_U_LOUS!

Talk about ships that pass in the night!

I did the QM2 world cruise in 2012, I was on the world cruise in 2011 on QE and QV 2008. QM2 2009.

I always dress for the themed nights, and I dress up for sailaway parties in some ports of call. I even go ashore dressed as a local if in the Pacific Ocean.

I have always done this and it is so much fun.

I first started dressing up when I worked at sea in the early 80’s. All the crew used to dress up on world cruises for parties. We had a ball. The clients on world cruise in those days stayed on board for the full voyage. No segments of getting on and off with new passengers. So all my client s would come on board with trunks and trunks, full of clothes.

They would wear something different every night and dress in theme.

I had to do their hair to match the theme of the night.

So that was it. I was hooked and still am. Only Cunard can do it!

We made a HUGE mistake this year and went on Arcadia world cruise for the itinerary. It was bad move, but we made the most of a bad job. Unfortunately for me, I fell and broke my wrist but I managed to get people to help me dress up and the hair stylist did wonders with my hair.

I became very inventive with my slings, dressing them up with flowers brooches, earrings you name it!

I made them out of black panty hose and scarves. I travel with my “dressing up box” which is full of beads bangles and bows, feathers flowers, all fun costume stuff but it came in useful.

I was the talk of the ship as people drove me mad asking about the fall.

There were some extremely rude people on that ship and I have to say many were British!!

I had an awful run in on night 6 of the 99 ay cruise. I was told by two people at the dining table they did not want me and my husband at “THEIR” table . They were very rude and an exchange of words took place. It was down to the fact they did not like new being too dressed up!

I wrote a blog about it on another forum and I got a lot of support but a few others very rude. However, I have to say I have never in 40 years of cruising experienced this kind of attitude. Especially as most of what was said came from a man.

He said I came into dinner dressed to the nines thinking I was Oh! so beautiful.

I was shocked as you can imagine. It all boiled down to jealousy!

Anyhow we moved tables and the rest of the cruise we had great table companions.

I am going on QE world cruise this year as the Mary is doing the same route as we did in 2012. So sorry we will miss each other. Never mind, we can fly the flag for dressing up between us. Good on Ya! Marie, and nice to chat to you.

Maggie.

60'S NIGHT ON ARCADIA.

newzealand205_zpsd74bd866.jpg

NOT A THEME NIGHT BUT WE WERE IN RIO SO I DRESSED FOR DINNER. I GOT A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE FROM PEOPLE IN THE DINING ROOM.

riodress003_zpsd12cc927.jpg

AGAIN NOT A THEME NIGHT, BUT WE WERE IN NAPIER SO I DRESSED UP AND LENT THE OTHER LADY SOME OF MY THINGS SO SHE COULD JOIN ME.

newzealand266_zpscb9c9373.jpg

VISITING PENGUINS IN PUNTA ARENAS WEARING MY HAT!

johnreesjones079_zps834e6235.jpg

Edited by maggiemou

60'S NIGHT ON ARCADIA.

newzealand205_zpsd74bd866.jpg

NOT A THEME NIGHT BUT WE WERE IN RIO SO I DRESSED FOR DINNER. I GOT A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE FROM PEOPLE IN THE DINING ROOM.

riodress003_zpsd12cc927.jpg

AGAIN NOT A THEME NIGHT, BUT WE WERE IN NAPIER SO I DRESSED UP AND LENT THE OTHER LADY SOME OF MY THINGS SO SHE COULD JOIN ME.

newzealand266_zpscb9c9373.jpg

VISITING PENGUINS IN PUNTA ARENAS WEARING MY HAT!

johnreesjones079_zps834e6235.jpg

I love them all! You look so cute in the 60's outfit! Love the Rio outfit, no wonder you got the applause!

Well, yes we are! But we really need the rain, not so much the "tornadoes" tho. :eek: Had one go through Gulfport (near St. Petersburg) that did some damage but no one hurt, thank heavens. :) Thanks for thinking of us.:D

Glad to hear the tornado didn't cause injury or loss of life.

We're already feeling the effects of the storm, it's going to rain all day and into tomorrow morning. :eek: I can't wait until the sun comes out again and warms up.

Have a great day Judy!

Aren't you both on the same world cruise next year? Scrapnana may have to referee and pick the winner. :)

Alas, Marie is on QV. It would have been a real treat to have them both on the same ship!

I am really looking forward to seeing all of Maggiemou's outfits in person.

MARINERS BALL

EGYPTIAN BALL.

QM2APRIL2012233.jpg

Hi Maggiemou,

You look fantastic! I love all your out fits! I am looking at this picture of you, I think I remember you on Queen Victoria 2009 world cruise. Were you there?

I am sorry I will miss you next year WC on Queen Victoria. We are going to book 2015 WC combine QM2 and QE or QM2 and QV. Perhape I will see you then :).

I am having so much fun shopping for next year.

Have a great day.

Marie